Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by JAGzilla »

And Wyatt is here. Yeah, I'm on board for more PNSO. It's a fantastically detailed, lifelike figure, loaded down with little scales and wrinkles and folds of loose skin. Paint apps are top tier, with subdued browns and beiges and some pinkish tones realistically running together and transitioning into one another all over the body, and then the bright orange and yellow of the crest stands out strikingly. The blue spikes along the back are pretty badly smeared with brown, but it kinda just gives the impression of dirt on a real animal, so it works out.

The booklets they include with these things are funny. The photos of the figure and pages of prattling about the company's mission statement seem wasteful, but the dinosaur giving his own life story and hoping to write new stories with his new owner is one of the most adorable, wholesome things I've seen in a while. :lol: I would have loved that as a kid. My Wyatt's story so far: after leaving his packaging and passing an inspection, he went to live in a temporary home on a shelf with a bunch of paranormal/unexplained phenomena books and a BOTM Kosmoceratops. Kosmo is glad to have a new neighbor; the books are tough to have a conversation with. They both look forward to the day their owner puts them on a new shelf with room for whole herds of dinosaurs to join them.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

PNSO's marketing model seems to be aimed at parents/teachers moreso than individual collectors; the Museum line figures sometimes come with extra posters and booklets, plus literal classroom setup instructions. It's probably also part of the reason the prices are a bit higher - although I've heard they're actually much more affordable domestically, so maybe I'm totally wrong there.
...But yeah, aside from a few models that ended up a bit wonky or had QC issues, PNSO models are great. I just got the Helicoprion and Livyatitan in, and they're as impressive as anything else I've seen from the line.

If I had to pick favorites out of the models I've bought from them so far - or I guess my top recommendations for new buyers - I'd go with a list something like this:
  • Sede the Ankylosaurus
  • Zewail the Atopodentatus
  • Aidan the Cretoxyrhina
  • Audrey the Lambeosaurus
  • Lu-Xiong the Zuchengtyrannus
  • Jaques the Deinocheirus
  • Qingge the Therizinosaurus
  • Thabo the Suchomimus
Oh, and Happy Hen Toys is offering a 10% discount on PNSO items right now through March 4 with the code 2023PNSO. Their sales tax can be a bit high, but they offer good service.
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-onlin ... useum.html

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I didn't know there was a Cretoxyrhina. That's definitely another one I'll keep in mind. I wasn't aware of Happy Hen Toys, either. I'll probably stick with Amazon for PNSO, but it's good to have a reliable, comparably priced alternative. They do look like a good place to buy Rebor, though, which is great; BBTS used to be my Rebor source, but everything is out of stock there. I want the Kiss T. rex and the awesome new Diplodocus when it comes out.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Hammond Collection Irritator has leaked and BY GOD.

..yeah I'm gonna need Mattel to do as many non-canon species as possible if this is what we can expect.

RIP Evan.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Yeah, that is bizarrely good. How Irritator of all dinosaurs managed to get a new sculpt for the mainline AND HC, in the same year no less, is baffling; but I'm all for the quality of sculpt and paint on display here.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ok if people are looking for good Skull Island dinosaur stand ins you might wanna check out Aulita Heroes. They got a cool stylized 90s fantasy/action figure vibe to them.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AulitaHeroes
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Anybody nab Safari's Majungasaurus yet? It's very good:

And their next release is confirmed to be Utahraptor!!

https://www.safariltd.com/collections/n ... toy-figure

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:24 pm David is now working on the 1/18th Wave 2 BOTM raptors which will, in a fun surprise, have new color schemes! We'll be getting batelaur Adasaurus, hoatzin Balaur, RED-footed booby Acheroraptor, and a Stellar's Jay Atrociraptor.
Correction here: these guys are the NEW 1/6th scale versions of these species, the old ones will be retired.

New 1/18th raptors are Fan Choice Dromaeosaurus, black V. mongoliensis, and a blue V. osmolskae ala the Kickstarter reward.

RIP Evan.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Marco Makes has an amazing line of basic JP/JW figures on the way -

https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=10751.0

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

His figures are always super low quantity so collecting them all is a bit of a task in of itself. Id love to get a few but I suspect they will be expensive and sell out quickly.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Here's a video showcasing all of them, looks like they will be made on demand -

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Some new Mattel leaks are out. Can't remember what's in it though. Saw Hammond Collection Lex and that was pretty much all I needed to see.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rods Random Works is creating Primal Rage figures, starting with Armadon. Also Artic Figures is continuing on his Skull Island kick with a fully articulated Venatosaurus. He's already done the V.Rex and a Sylvaceratops.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

The Beasts of the Mesozoic versions of Achillobator and Utahraptor are up for preorder:

https://creative-beast.com/product/1-18 ... on-figure/

https://creative-beast.com/product/1-18 ... on-figure/

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Why I wanted one of those little glow-Protoceratops so badly: To misuse it.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Anyone else collecting those Jurassic Park 30th anniversary Captivz? I have all of the common dinos, a couple of the rares and all of the supersized dinosaurs. 21/28 total. The remaining being metallic/amber/glow in the dark variants.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:29 pm Anyone else collecting those Jurassic Park 30th anniversary Captivz? I have all of the common dinos, a couple of the rares and all of the supersized dinosaurs. 21/28 total. The remaining being metallic/amber/glow in the dark variants.
Are you going to get the remaing seven figures to complete the series or not? Just wondering...

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:28 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:29 pm Anyone else collecting those Jurassic Park 30th anniversary Captivz? I have all of the common dinos, a couple of the rares and all of the supersized dinosaurs. 21/28 total. The remaining being metallic/amber/glow in the dark variants.
Are you going to get the remaing seven figures to complete the series or not? Just wondering...
Not planning on it at the moment. They’re on eBay but pretty expensive because of how rare they are. I’m content with what I’ve got now.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Anyone get their tyrants yet?

My wave 2 figures came in a few weeks ago, completing my pledge for the series. Dryptosaurus is PROBABLY my favorite, but they're all very cool, as always.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

I've got the WWD rex. Great figure once you figure out how to time the heating of the joints and all that. Paint job could've been better. It also irks me that the slots for the base pins are only on the standing legs. Excellent stuff overall however, great reference for drawings
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.