The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsJason wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:29 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:55 am Now that I think about it…I think I just figured something out.

But I’ll wait ‘till it happens to see if I’m right…
Spill the beans.

Spoiler:
Not long ago, KaijuX contacted me and let me know that what I suspected wasn’t true. And what I initially suspected was this:

Mt. Lady was just an April Fools joke, and tomorrow would be a parody match featuring her due to it being April Fools Day—but she wouldn’t actually be added to the KWC.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:52 pm
GodzillavsJason wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:29 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:55 am Now that I think about it…I think I just figured something out.

But I’ll wait ‘till it happens to see if I’m right…
Spill the beans.

Spoiler:
Not long ago, KaijuX contacted me and let me know that what I suspected wasn’t true. And what I initially suspected was this:

Mt. Lady was just an April Fools joke, and tomorrow would be a parody match featuring her due to it being April Fools Day—but she wouldn’t actually be added to the KWC.
Congratulations! My hopes and dreams have been (hopefully not) shattered./j

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Okay.
Spoiler:
This double negative stuff is giving me a headache lol I just hope Mt. Lady is a real addition.

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

Guys she is a real addition, we announced it awhile back that would be a long time for a build up to a joke.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Wow. What a match. What a spectacle. There's nothing that will be able to top this masterpiece, so as from today, we are officially shutting down the K.W.C. and moving back to the TKWF.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

We did it bois, peak fiction has been made once again!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Well, there’s a Saturday morning cartoon you don’t see every day!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

So, I have a question, can anyone right a match for April fools?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:46 am So, I have a question, can anyone right a match for April fools?
From what I remember, the reigns to which section of Toho Kingdom changes every year. Sometimes it's the K.W.C, but other times it'll be the forums etc.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Well we did it folks, we hit the peak of KWC. Everyone should just pack their bags cause there is obviously no topping this masterpiece XD

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

godjacob wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 pm Well we did it folks, we hit the peak of KWC. Everyone should just pack their bags cause there is obviously no topping this masterpiece XD
"Am I a Joke to You?" - Match 400

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Logan268 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:23 pm
godjacob wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:31 pm Well we did it folks, we hit the peak of KWC. Everyone should just pack their bags cause there is obviously no topping this masterpiece XD
"Am I a Joke to You?" - Match 400
YES, YOU ARE!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Spoiler:
Holy shit GvR became a match.

In all honesty, this match was ok, there wasn't anything too special besides Rayquaza, and a few spelling mistakes, going to give this match a 7/10

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Everyone's favorite dragon is here!
Spoiler:
For the first narrated K.W.C, this ain't half bad. Heisei Goji and Rayquaza bounced off each other well, and it had a nice conclusion. Although personally, I think it could have gone without the sequel bait at the end.

Alsp, just gotta be honest, Rayquaza’s statistics picture looks kinda weird. I understand we'renot allowed to use images from the games, but something just doesn't look right about it. Maybe it's the background?
Last edited by Gigantis on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:27 am Alsp, just gotta be honest, Rayquaza’s statistics picture looks kinda weird. I understand we'renot allowed to use images from the games, but something just doesn't look right about it. Maybe it's the background?
It's probably the background elements. Probably going to change that up in the forthcoming days, so it won't be there for long.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
And once again, GvR knocks it out of the ball park—literally and figuratively! I was hoping Godzilla would win this one, but oddly it seems only appropriate that it ends in a draw.

Also, that narration was a great icing on the cake. I might just listen to it when I go to bed…

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

So as the Audio editor to the narrated match, I can say I've listened to it and have thoughts (which is surprising because I usually don't have thoughts on longer matches day 1 because of a lack of time)

Without spoilers, I gotta say I enjoyed this match. Especially the narrated version. Solid way to introduce Rayquaza, Godzilla has plenty of menace, and there is plenty of unique abilities tossed around to liven up the battle. I did like the flow of this battle moreso than past battles like SpaceGodzilla vs. Destoroyah, because the actions did have consequences to what is teased in the banner, where as you could take the actions that played out in SpaceGodzilla vs. Destoroyah in any order and it wouldn't change the outcome. So while SvD had higher highs, I think this one was more consistent. So a B or B+ out of 10, would definitely recommend.

As for the new format, gotta shout out Matt (I know, another one to add to the pile), but for his first Audio Narration, thought he did well to elevate the material. Can't wait to see how he progresses in the future.

Finally, to the banner which is where my sharpest criticisms lay. The second banner is fantastic, with great color, scope and maybe the best beam clash we have in a banner. The first... is okay. Not a fan of Rayquaza or Godzilla honestly, the smoke seems strangely placed on the latter, and the best thing is the background and the staging of the monsters. It's not bad, god knows I've made far, far worse, but when compared to the stellar, top 3 of the year second banner, the faults are more apparent.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Holy crap, narrated K.W.C.? Blasphemy!
No but really, it’s nice to see the elemental greenie constrict his way into his first match.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

This was a fun match and a good debut for Rayquaza. The narration is also new and quite a welcomed addition.
Spoiler:
Would've preferred a winner to a tie, but given the sequel hook look forward to more between them.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Also, when you think about it, both this math and the last introduced new combatants, whenever something like that happens we usually get more in the next match or two.

Fingers crossed that Mefilas has just been kept secret this whole time.