Official Titanic Creations Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Re: Gorgo Figure from Titanic Creations

Post by Gojirasaur »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:57 pm The bell add on got unlocked today. Fighter jets are next.
Is anyone psyched over light-up eyes as a goal? I'm not. I could pass on the planes too (miniatures could be sourced elsewhere).

If anything, a Gorgo-postered double-decker bus to scale would be nicer to own after the Big Ben (and I hope the Big Ben is designed to collapse).

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Havoks, you are being oddly defensive but I'll chalk it up to you being protective over your friends.

Your Super7 comparison is disingenuous because their first articulated Ultimates figures for Thundercats and TMNT all had physical prototypes to show off first. It is only after and years of delivering that they've been able to solicit from 3D renders alone, and even then that is not always the case.

One Kickstarter that launched without physical prototypes was ShartimusPrime's Street Humans series. We were promised articulated figures and an animated short, not unlike the Gorgo campaign, but he got raked over the coals for not having a physical prototype to show off and the campaign failed 10 days in.

To compare the articulation they are aiming for with Gorgo and their existing figures is also disingenuous and I think you know that. Figuring out ONE elbow joint is going to be more complicated than the basic swivels in all of their previous figures combined.

I'm sure they will do their best, I'm sure it will be okay, but that delivery window seems wildly optimistic. Maybe they've been doing a bunch of work behind the scenes that were are not privy to, I'm not saying otherwise. It would be better for TC to address the points that have people skeptical than to say we are unreasonable for being skeptical in the first place.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Havoks wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:53 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:09 pm
Havoks wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:25 pm People are forgetting that Titanic Creations has already released a small handful of figures that you can still buy right now, which, for the type of figures they are, are pretty good in quality.
But they are statues. Gorgeous, well priced but sculpted in one and done statues.

They are not articulated figures like what Gorgo is and what they've been hyping up doing.

It is understandable their first figure is causing pause.

Also, I'm glad he's showing off the model at the end of the month but....now?

I'm going to make a comparison real quick to the only figure kickstarter I HAVE backed: The Beasts of the Mesozoic Tyrannosaur series.

David is a professional sculpter for articulated figures and statues for years and is now making articulated figures of accurate dinosaurs.

Before the kickstarter even came out, he had his social media posting every 3D model, unpainted model, painted model, and update he had ("found this one can stand without stand...updating the options for feet"). When the kickstarter did start, he had a painted production model for each tyrannosaur ready and so we backed it KNOWING what we were getting. Of course this is a bit unfair, the tyrannosaurs were his third Kickstarter for this series and he has a set up factory to mass produce....but I've looked.

Those same updates happened for the raptor series and ceratopsian series.

So to go from that to "order now for this 3D model and then we'll show the physical later!" is.....disheartening.

I'm not saying this is a scam, I'm sure TC has the very best intent.

I'm saying I'm very much afraid this is some excited relatively new guys jumping in WAY over their head in the hype of what they're doing.
I wouldn’t necessarily call their figures “statues”, unless Bandai’s vinyl figures would be considered statues as well. But regardless, I don’t think comparing David’s Dino series is entirely fair seeing how he was a contracted sculptor and painter with many more resources than most. But also, if you want a comparable, Super 7 has already been talked about. All of their figures are 3D models, all of them, but then, after maybe a couple days, even weeks, they “sometimes” show resin models either painted or unpainted. From my understanding, TC has a prototype in hand already. Is it painted, I have no clue but from what he has said, he has one. You can take issue with his reasoning (seeing the progress towards the end of the month regarding the tiers that’s been set and then showing off some type of prototype) but I take no issue with this more than I do with Super 7 so I don’t see what’s disheartening. TC and Dopepope has been pretty transparent with this stuff since the very first figure so I see no given issues right now.
I wasn't aware the models were vinyl. Apolgies there. And yes it isn't entirely fair, just my closest comparison.

My issue isn't that the prototype isn't painted. My issue is there's ONE prototype. The thing I'm comparing is David had prototype plans ready to go and one model that'd be the standard for factory figures ready to go when he opened the kickstarter. TC has one prototype they haven't revealed and are asking for money first.

To ME, personally, that doesn't inspire confidence in me to donate because it feels a lot less guaranteed about what's my money is going to.

I'm not shaming anyone or saying TC has not been transparent, I just wanted to express why I personally am not really interested in pre-ordering* until the figure is made, because I'm not confident about what I'm getting right now.

*= I do want to add I also don't like the use of pre-ordering as the term for donating....just cause it's not guaranteed if this figure will be ready to go by a certain date from my experience. Again, not an issue, just another thing that has me hesitant

RIP Evan.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Watched the Kaiju Ramen livestream with Titanic Creations. Among other updates, they plan to do a Gorgo plush and a 30cm figure similar to X-Plus. Big Ben will be split into two stretch goals, the first of which is the top of Big Ben that Gorgo can hold and the second of which is a "crumble zone" type building that can break.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

They are now 25 pre orders away from the jets.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Fermix wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:20 pm Watched the Kaiju Ramen livestream with Titanic Creations. Among other updates, they plan to do a Gorgo plush and a 30cm figure similar to X-Plus. Big Ben will be split into two stretch goals, the first of which is the top of Big Ben that Gorgo can hold and the second of which is a "crumble zone" type building that can break.
If preorders get close to a Big Ben unlock, I'll dive in.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gorgo is at 498 last time I checked so the fighter jets will be added on soon. 100 more for big Ben and 250 more for the light up eyes.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

505 now.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

They said on Twitter they'll be sharing pictures of all of the accessories, including Big Ben, on Friday. Not sure if that's just the digital renders or physical protos (probably the former, though I'm hoping the latter can be revealed sooner than later if only to quell remaining concerns).

Big Ben is a must but I have no interest in the light-up eyes.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I love this! Preordered this as soon as it went up. Hadn't seen the movie in years, and then I tried to rewatch it. It's terrible! But I still love the Gorgo design. It'll be a fun figure to have of an obscure character.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I think physical items and showing the accessories will be two big boosts to the figure.

I think the pre order did good so far considering its not even April yet.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

KingKaiju wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:09 am Hadn't seen the movie in years, and then I tried to rewatch it. It's terrible!
I'm sure you've seen far worse than this in the kaiju world. ;)

I like it, if only for the story that the monsters are essentially the victims and want nothing to do with man, but man had other ideas. He usually does.

Gojirasaur
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirasaur »

Looks like LED eyes may not be a lock. They are now asking us to choose LEDs or GITD eyes in a Twitter poll:

https://twitter. com/Titanicreations/status/1640756689300234240

(Had to put a space in the url between the period and com as I still don't have permission from the mods/admins to post links yet) :(
Last edited by Gojirasaur on Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Gojirasaur wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:29 pm
KingKaiju wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:09 am Hadn't seen the movie in years, and then I tried to rewatch it. It's terrible!
I'm sure you've seen far worse than this in the kaiju world. ;)

I like it, if only for the story that the monsters are essentially the victims and want nothing to do with man, but man had other ideas. He usually does.
That's a new one. Gorgo is often considered one of the best films in the entire genre but every film has it's haters I guess.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Bell Sub and Big Ben add-ons

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Couldn’t care less about the diving bell, but the clock tower looks pretty great. It is tempting…

For those who’ve placed an order, are you required to pay upfront?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

canofhumdingers wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:52 pm Couldn’t care less about the diving bell, but the clock tower looks pretty great. It is tempting…

For those who’ve placed an order, are you required to pay upfront?
Yes, directly or through PayPal. PayPal also has a break in 4 payment plan.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Yeah, I've got the money for it but I think I'm going to wait till closer to the end goal. What's the number they're stopping at? 750?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:11 pm Yeah, I've got the money for it but I think I'm going to wait till closer to the end goal. What's the number they're stopping at? 750?
I think it's as many as get ordered but I also heard 800 thrown around once.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

They are not going to stop orders at 800, 800 was always going to be their minimum order once the threshold of 300 was passed. Anything above 800 before the deadline will also get made.