Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Dhriti bit her lip, absorbing all the information that was getting tossed around here. Shit, so Bloodless was involved in all of this too? this was quickly turning into a bigger and bigger mess... it was bad enough to have that vigilante around killing people normally, let alone that she painted a target on her back for that... thing that Frank had become. It sounds like they might have already come to blows, with Bloodless barely managing to survive as it was...

listening to Brody's and Marina's words, Dhriti let out a sigh, before she spoke up. "well, I did have a guy recommended to me by a friend... goes by the name Razorback... maybe he'll be able to catch wind of any sort of cure that GenTech's been working on? I had him investigating what had happened at GenTech, but I think it's safe to say we already know the answer to that question... and if you needed more hands on deck for that, I'd love to help out. I don't think I'm as sneaky as you two, but I want to do what I can to assist you all with this."

She looked to Marina next. "You wouldn't be abandoning him, Marina... I know that's how it might feel like, but if anything it would be helping him from drawing more attention to himself and possibly getting hurt even worse. plus, we can't afford to have him chasing you around with that... whatever the hell it is hijacking those feelings. It's going to endanger a lot more than just yourself if it can follow you easily and it wanders into town square or something." The indian let out a defeated rumble as she rubbed her temple. "I don't like it either, but... I just don't see much of an alternative..."
Hustling back down the street, eyes scanning his surroundings, Somsak quickly spotted a quiet gas station with a lone, inattentive cashier. Maneuvering his way through the darkness with uncanny silence, Somsak pressed his body low to the ground to avoid any type of cameras and to avoid catching the attention of the cashier, who was busy texting away on their phone. As somsak moved into position to make a move, however, he felt his phone buzz - having learned his lesson from the embarrassment he suffered earlier in the day - before he let out a sigh and reached into his sweats pocket to read Lu's text.
Yeah, shes a pain in everyones ass. i doubt anyone wants that crazy bitch around. i hope viola gives us somethin 2 work with.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Finally reaching his lair, he pulled off his helmet and extra mask and set them on a nearby table. He walked on over to his computer and tapping away at the keyboard. Not long after, Jonathan made a chat with Somsak on his website.

"What an utter waste of time and resources. Damn furby could've just texted me everything but nooo! He had to keep everything seeecreeet! Ah fuck off." He complained to no one in particular. Wiping a bit of sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand, he began to text Somsak.
Chat here when you got the plans. Don't worry, everything here is secure. Got that?

Anyways I'll begin working on a prototype for the weapon. I'm assuming you'll be more of a close range fighter, so I'll try to work the device as some sort of pistol or a shotgun-like weapon. Keep me updated. Communication is key if you want to take down Bloodless!
With that message finished, he looked at his phone to see the new message from Lu. He let out a small smirk before responding back to her.
"Indeed. By the way he almost chocked on a cigarette when I first reveled the prices. He didn't even properly look at my site! >:( Anyways it's been a while since we've been on a heist together. Getting kinda bored recently.
He stopped for a moment, wondering if he should add more. But decided it was enough before hitting send. He looked over at his stash of weapons, several taken apart already. He always did like designing a weapon based on it's usage. Appearances mattered if they were going to strike fear into their opponent. Perhaps adding spikes onto it would work as well just in case if they were really in close range with their intended target. Ohh, this was going to be so much fun!
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Why was it so... So murky? Kala looked around. She was standing in a void, a blackness with nothing in sight. Was she... awake, or was this a dream she was in? The last thing she remembered was collapsing into her bed, her stomach feeling so strange, full yet hungry. She felt so light, and yet she also felt so bloated, calm yet anxious. What... What even was what anymore?

"Vinnie!" She called out, but all she heard was her voice echo. "VINNIE!" She tried to call again, but it was the same result. All around her, the murky mist swirled in the darkness, almost thick enough for her to feel, yet the mist moved out of her way before she could touch it. She began to run, where to she had no clue, but she thought she saw something, something far off in the distance. A tiny light that was so close, yet so far away. She ran closer and closer to it, reaching for it, As she approached, she began to feel more normal, her bloated lightness fading away.

She heard a voice from up ahead, a voice she didn't recognize, yet it seemed so familiar to her. She had heard this voice before, but where? It was that of a grown woman, and the voice, it made her unease grow, her anxiety flare.

"So valiant in your efforts, to protect this child of▂▂▃▃▂▂, and yet all for naut. She is to be a vessel for my champion, and you, ▃▄▄▅▅... Your foolishness will be made an example of. An unyielding maid for▂▂▃▃▂▂, twisted into the very thing his predecessor was accused of. Become a blight upon whichever people you become a part of,▃▄▄▅▅. Never let your hunger be satisfied, never let you know peace, and terrorize all who stand before you..."

Kala felt a warmth run down her mouth and her neck, but she didn't know why. What she knew she felt, was that this voice offended her, whatever it was talking about. She hated it, she wanted it gone, and she lashed out as she drew toward the light, screaming as her blood boiled over...

A raid on GenTech's facility... The sound of that made Alice's stomach fold. It was the right thing to do but... Without proper evidence first and foremost, it was a bad look to simply barge into a building like that, though it did ease her that she wouldn't be the one to do it. If she had, the notion that the one person who was supposed to take Supercell's place, the role model for those growing up in Los Diamantes was free to do as she wished and go where she wanted as she wanted because she had the power to do so. Even if it was the Fly and Foxtrot that were going in, that still didn't sit well with her. What if something happened to them, or it was a trap? Clearly, a third person going with them would be beneficial... but who? She couldn't do it though a part of her did want to, not just because of her public appearance, but because she wasn't used to sneaking into places like some rogue or thief.

Celine, who had an eye on Alice, gave her a pat on the shoulder, before she looked over to the man. "Mind bringing a third person along?" She asked. "I have a few tricks that can make things easier getting in, and unlike little miss doll maker here, I'm not so widely known in my secret identity. And Marina, Durge is right. I know you don't want to stay here, but... Alice, you better be able to convince that old crone of yours to evacuate the city, because otherwise there's going to be a lot of collateral damage."

"I know, Celine. It's getting her to swallow her pride and accept that is going to be a challenge, but me and Heng should be able to convince her." Alice sighed. She took a deep breath, before she winced. Something... smelled like copper or blood, but she didn't hear anything unusual. "I just hope we can get this all done before that thing starts becoming more active."
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before opening them again and staring Durga directly in the eyes and speaking with a firm, assertive tone.

"I'll take my chances. I'm staying." she said.

She felt her hands balling into fists unconsciously. She knew they meant well, or at least she hoped, but she was getting annoyed from being treated as a helpless child or a damsel in distress. Sure, she wasn't a veteran fighter like Alice, Roadrunner or even The Fly, but she was far from helpless. She was willing to fight for Franklin no matter what it took, and she fully intended to see this through to the end. She had to; Franklin and Sierra were all she had left. If they both died, she'd lose the two closest people in her life. Nobody else came close, especially not after she was exposed on live TV. It was at this moment she remembered that Vespid and Foxtrot were going to steal a serum to kill Franklin if things went south. Her initial instinct was to immediately protest, however the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. They had the opportunity to make a cure and maybe other ways to save him, and he said the fail-safe would only be a last resort. If the cure or other measures failed, Franklin could put a lot of people's lives in danger here and potentially even beyond the city. She loved him with all her heart, but she couldn't stand by while he slaughtered innocent people. Could she trust Vespid however? He seemed to have a vested interest in taking down GenTech, and seemed to have a lot of ammunition to use in a hypothetical court-case against them. Still, he seemed suspicious and the fact that he kept dodging Celine's inquiry into his connection to the shady corporation didn't help things. Ultimately, she supposed that this was her best shot in saving Franklin and undoing his condition. Vespid's knowledge combined with Heng's medical expertise would mean they may be able to find a cure in short order.

"You...you promise that it'll only be a last resort? We try to cure him first?" she reluctantly asked.

"Cure first. You have my word." Brody replied without a second thought.

Roadrunner, who had been silent up until now, decided to interject with questions of his own.

"The cure is all nice and dandy, but it won't do us much good if he can't find or track him somehow. Is there a way to locate him? Lass, you mentioned you can "feel" him. Can you use that power to find out where he is?" Roadrunner inquired.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

well thats why were hedging our bet right? if viola cant come through e can
Lupastra took a long sip of coffee before replying to Ectoparasite. Her eyelids were already beginning to lighten. God, Miles was a miracle-worker. If he were asleep, she' be all over him.
well im gonna be busy for a while with this job and all but ill keep my ears up for any good hauls
The wolf-headed woman glanced at the massive pair of coolers in the corner of the warehouse that was her home. She had looked a little into trying to sell them, but it didn't seem like she was going to get back even half of what she had paid for them. Maybe it was time to switch strategies then.
hey weird question but u know anything about fishing? got stuck with some bigass fish coolers and figured i might as well use them

"Franklin, or the thing he's trapped inside, put off some radiation on campus," Blind said, bringing up a few reading on a forearm-mounted touchscreen. "If he's mutated further, it stands to reason he might emit more now. I could try to track him that way, though... it also means we should be careful. Just being too near him could be dangerous."

The vigilante looks up at the others. "If anyone's not confident they'll be safe, I can try to make some armor, like mine. I recently lined it with lead to deal with... another problem."

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Foxtrot listened quietly as Vespid gave Marina the confirmation that the molecular acid would be used only as a last resort before speaking to her.

“Hey,” she said gently, attempting to dispel the tension. “It’s Marina, right?” she asked. “I… I understand what you’re going through right now, Marina. Because I’ve been in your shoes before. I’m not asking you to abandon him or to run away. If you can help us I’ll be the first to vouch for you. I’m just asking that we take you to an area of low population density. A park, a construction site, maybe someplace underground. That way we can minimize the damage if Franklin does come for you.”

She turned her gaze towards the brick wall across from her in memory. “I wasn’t able to save the person I loved. But I promise you I will do everything in my power to help you and Franklin find a cure.“

Foxtrot looked up towards Blind and offered a small smile. “And I’ll take you up on that offer. Thank you.”
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti shuffled her feet, taking in Marina's response with an accepting but defeated nod. She had a feeling Marina would give an answer like that, and she respected Marina's choice, she couldn't help but feel it was going to be a terrible mistake. She looked to Foxtrot, listening to her words quietly, before she spoke up.

"If Marina wants to stay here and risk it... let's go for it." She looked to Marina, "But please, if you can, try to avoid going in places with a lot of people... if Frank really can follow you... people WILL get hurt. Innocent people. If not by Frank, then as collateral by Tenmus or the people clearly after him."

She looked to Roadrunner, before turning back to Marina. "I agree. If you can track him or sense his whereabouts, or even get an idea of what he's thinking, anything will be helpful..."
Preparing to make a move and swoop into the gas station booth for a few easy bucks, Somsak felt his phone vibrate twice, distracting Somsak long enough for him to catch the attention of the cashier. The man's eyes widen, before he let out a startled shout.

"H-hey! you can't be doing that!" The man reached for his belt line, where he quickly revealed a small set of pepper spray.

Somsak, normally cool and collected in the face of extreme danger, felt all the hairs on his body stand up as he folded his ears back in extreme fear. Oh fuck me, the felid super thought to himself. A good shot from that's gonna lay me out for days! I am NOT going to the ER again over this!

Moving with lightning fast speed, Somsak slid next to the man and extended his claws, making a precise slice exactly where the pepper spray bottle was. The slice cut through the man's beltline as well, causing the poor cashier's pants to fall down to his ankles.The man, embarrassed, attempted to pull his pants up, but Somsak kicked him in the chest, knocking him down, before he grabbed the pepper spray bottle and sprayed half of its contents into the hapless man's face, causing him to scream and writhe in pain.

"Yeah not so fun when you get sprayed with it, huh, asshole?!" Somsak huffed, flinging the can into the writhing man's face, before he walked into the cashier booth, quickly stuffing his sweater and sweats with cigarettes. He extends a single claw to pop open the old, beat up cashier's box, and stuffs his sweater full of the money from it. Tuning out the cries of pain by the cashier, he walked back over to the man, grabbed him by the ankle, and leaned him up against the wall of the booth before pulling out his phone to read the texts he got.

First, he responded to lu:
Damn right. thnx again <3
Somsak paused for a moment before sending, realizing what he had done, and shivered a bit. Guess he still had that reflex from when they broke up. He quickly deleted the heart and added:
Damn right. thnx again, see u soon i hope
He then scrolled down to read Ectoparasite's text and responded accordingly.
got it, thx. i'll keep u updated. any place u had in mind for me to case?
Putting his phone back in his pocket, he turned to the whimpering cashier. "Now, be a good boy and tell nobody you saw me, got it? Or I'll do a hell of a lot worse than pepper spray you with your shitty little can." He extended his claws threateningly to the cashier, who nodded feverishly in response. Somsak smirked; he'd honestly never use them on him unless he really pissed him off or tried to shoot him or something, but a little intimidation goes a long way.

"Good." Somsak patted the man on the head, running his finger along his chin as he left. "Have a nice rest of your shift now!"

Before he stepped out the door, Somsak spied a cheap, fool's gold necklace hanging by the back of the booth. "Ooh, what's this? I do love some shiny things..."

The cashier stammered out, "D-d-don't touch that, i-it's for my dau-"

"Well, don't mind if i do," Somsak said sadistically, pocketing the necklace. "Sorry, can't help myself. Couldn't have been that expensive to buy though, right?"

With that, Somsak evacuated the scene, leaving the cashier pained, confused, and necklaceless....
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"This is unacceptable. This is unacceptable-YOU MOTHERFUCKER! YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Racliff all but screamed through the headset into Vinnie's eardrums. "I THOUGHT I HAD THIS IN THE BAG!"

"Guys, I know this might be a stretch, but I think Hoodie's just better at these games than all of us comb-"

"Finish that statement, and I will shove you into a jar, Gumps!" Trident hissed under his breath, and Vinnie thought he heard the sound of a chair or a table breaking through Trident's earphones. "How the actual hell did it go from me and Racliff fighting for first place to you ramming our heads up our asses, Hoodie? You were playing like garbage before the helium voiced brat over here came back, and suddenly you're kicking our asses!"

It took a while for Hoodie to finish laughing. "When I have one less thing to worry about, I can focus just on beating you down, Trident. And really, the fact you two were at each other's throats is what let me win. While you two were having your dick measuring contest and stealing each others coins and stars, I was, oh I don't know, getting every possible bonus star and focusing on winning."

"Auuuuugh!" Racliff let out a defeated sigh. "I knew I should have sabotaged that minigame, but if I had, Trident would have gotten second and not third."

"Yes, this is all your fault, Racliff. Go back to dumpster diving and rethink your life choices." Trident huffed. "Honestly I'm not in the mood to do anything else tonight, but if you really think you have that special strategy planned, then why the fuck not, I guess? Got nothing else better to do."

"I'm game as well." Gumps injected. "I'm not needed at the cafe until late tomorrow, so I can stay up late to play."

Vinnie raised an eyebrow, before he asked, "You work at a cafe? Are you a bartender or a chef?"

Gumps went quiet for a few moments. "It's... not quite as glamorous, depending on your view. C-can we just get the game started up? I'd rather not think about my job outside of this."

"That's fair." Hoodie was quick to say. "I was kinda curious as well what you all do, but if that's private, we can keep it private. I also get the feeling Trident would actually try to kill one of us if we ever met in real life."

"That entirely depends on the mood." Trident snapped. "And if you're such a waste of air that doing so would be better off for everyone. So basically just Racliff. Vinnie I... I need to know a bit more before deciding how close to the line he gets."

"HEY!" Both Racliff and Hoodie snapped back at the same time, and that made Vinnie laugh. It was endearing, and also kind of funny in its own way, how much Hoodie was willing to step up for him here. When he had first joined this group that had called themselves "The Outcasts" on the server, everyone had largely treated with with indifference, but over the past month that had changed, though with Trident it was for the worst. He couldn't help but feel like Trident didn't like him for reasons he couldn't quite put a finger on, and only recently had he been willing to even play a game with him. Thankfully, most of Trident's ire seemed more focused on Racliff than on Vinnie himself, but it still made Vinnie feel uneasy whenever he saw only Trident in the chatroom. Racliff and Gumps were getting friendlier with him, though Racliff's foul mouth made Vinnie very glad he always had headphones on, while Gumps often didn't say too much, or was usually talked over.

Hoodie was the most receptive of the group to him, and more often than not it was her sticking up for him or urging Trident to allow him to partake in the various online games and activities going on. He wasn't too sure why Hoodie was so willing to stick up with him, but maybe it was something akin to pity, or that she and him were more alike than to the others. It made sense in his mind, she sounded to be around his age, maybe a year or two older. The others were clearly in their late teens or adults, but Hoodie seemed to be more like himself, even if when she got angry she sounded more mature. He felt more at ease when she was in the chat, when she was there to help reign in Trident and Racliff from their nonsense and keep things civil. Trident was the official leader of the group, but to Vinnie, Hoodie was the one with actual authority and respect.

"I'm ready to start whenever you guys are." Vinnie said. He moved the mouse over to Fate and Phantasms, when he felt a hand tap him hard on the neck. He sighed internally. It was probably Kala wanting him to be with her while she slept again. "A-actually, I'll have to pass that up for tonight. M-maybe tomorrow. Goodnight, everyone."

"Very well. Goodnight, Vinnie." Hoodie said.

"See you whenever, kid." Trident grumbled.

"Bye." Gumps said.

"I won't feed like crazy next time, I promise!" Racliff managed to inject before Vinnie left the chat and closed it down. The finger tapped him on the back again, and he closed the laptop before turning around.

"Alright Kala, I'm coming over to-" He stopped as he saw it was not Kala, but Heng who was leaning forward, her left foot tapping against the floor and her right hand at her hip. Her sunglasses obscured her eyes, but Vinnie had a feeling the look behind them was not a pleasant one despite the smile on her face.

"Vincent, I'm glad you were able to square that away with your online friends of yours, and I see now that you simply haven't realized that Kala has left the building." Heng's voice was low, and Vinnie noticed her cheeks beneath the sunglasses were twitching. "How long have you been online, and when was the last time you saw Kala?"

The color in his face drained as the realization of what Heng was saying hit him. "Wait, she's not here?! I was just out there half an hour ago watching her toss and turn in the bed! I sat out there until she looked to be asleep and-"

"You should have kept a closer eye on her. I got back here five minutes ago and her door and the front door were wide open." She stepped to the side, and only then did Vinnie see that both doors were indeed wide open with the faint stench of copper and blood lingering in the air around him. "I do understand why you would think she'd be sound asleep, though. This is highly erratic behavior for her. Come get in the car. We're going to look for her before she does something we'll regret."

Vinnie rapidly nodded and ran out the door with Heng following him. How hadn't he noticed Kala had slipped out? And why had she slipped out? Was she hungry? Or was it something else?

"All the more reason I need to convince Tenmus to have the city, or at least the area around where you are likely to be at, evacuated before he comes searching for you." Alice was quick to say. "But if we could get that cure made and locate him before he becomes active-"

She stopped. The smell of copper was stronger now, and there was something else mixed in with it, the scent of blood. But that was not what made her stop. It was shouting, before the shouts were replaced with gunfire, and then screams that were cut short just as abruptly. The feeling sent chills down her spine.

"Once we're done here, we should check that o-" Celine began to say, only for Alice to immediately run off in that direction. "Hey, wait! Alice!"

Alice wasn't listening. She had smelled this once before, a scent on a child who had lost their older brother several days ago, a child who had lost the only family he had left to a very specific vigilante. She steeled herself for what was to come...
Last edited by Giratina93 on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

"No, it doesn't work like that." Marina said, answering the inquiries about her connection to Franklin.

"My people....we can form strong bonds with our soulmates. We can feel each other's presence and emotions, though in our case it was a bit one sided since Franklin was human. I don't know if his transformation changed things or if just for that brief moment, his presence was so powerful that it was impossible for me not to detect." She added.

She didn't quite know the full extent of her psychic abilities, or her connection with Franklin beyond a surface-level understanding that her parents taught her. However, she began to suspect that they were more powerful and far-reaching than she initially thought. Franklin's mutated form was exactly as she saw it in her dream, and the same rage and hatred she felt emanating from the creature in these dreams was exactly what she felt minutes ago. Perhaps these dreams were influenced by things she was sensing from Franklin in real-time, despite the huge distance between the two. Maybe it was a subconscious thing, and it was something she needed to unlock to use to its fullest potential. Her parents made mention that this bond with a soulmate was beautiful and powerful when fully developed.

"Either way, I'm willing to take that risk. Besides, him coming to us through me would make giving him the cure easier, right?" She said, as she caught Alice leave in a hurry from the corner of her eye.

"Alice whe-" she stopped as Alice disappeared from view. She turned to Vespid and the others, expecting some sort of explanation as to why she left so suddenly.

"I'll keep in touch with her, don't worry. In the meantime, Marina I have to agree with the others that you should lay low. GenTech could dispatch additional teams that could complicate things for us. I'm not asking you to evacuate the city, or to hide in a hole somewhere while Franklin suffers, all I'm asking is that you be careful at least until Heng finishes the cure. Avoid places where GenTech can locate you, such as your apartment or DRU. If you suspect you're being followed or are in danger, use the phone Blind gave you and contact one of us immediately. Understand?" said Vespid.

Marina sighed in frustration: Once again she was being treated as a helpless damsel in distress. They did bring up a good point however, GenTech's goons ruined her previous attempt to get Franklin some help. She wasn't too concerned about what they could do to her, as their weapons didn't even lay a scratch on her. Then she remembered her fight with the mercenary leader, and how he was beating the snot out of her in a 1 on 1. Soon she began to doubt herself; if she could barely take on one guy, what would happen if a whole squad jumped her? She was stronger and tougher than them, sure, but her lack of fighting experience would mean she'd get overwhelmed sooner or later. She swallowed her pride and made peace with the idea that she should stay incognito for a while, for the sake of getting Franklin cured.

"Ugh. Alright. Since Alice just dipped on us, is there anywhere I can stay?" she asked.

Brody considered allowing her to stay at his safehouse, however doing so could potentially compromise the location if GenTech were to track her. There was too much at stake, too much valuable information vital to the success of this mission that could be lost or destroyed if GenTech found it. Brody felt uncomfortable placing data over a life, but he had to look at the bigger picture. He did have an idea however: he could book a motel reservation for her somewhere in the city that GenTech would never think to find her. He had a few places in mind, all small-time and away from major activity.

"I can book you a motel that's small-time and away from the inner city. There's a few that are within walking distance of Heng's, so you can visit the clinic to check up on progress for the cure. I can also tap into their security cameras to monitor for any suspicious activity. As an extra measure of security, I'll have my associate check-in with you regularly." he said, turning to Blind.

"Roadrunner, if you hear about any gossip or sightings of Franklin, I want you to report them to me. I'll contact you soon to give you my number" said Brody.

"Aye Aye, captain! I'll see what the word on the street is regarding our dear old Frankie" replied Roadrunner, offering a salute.

"Foxtrot, I'll send you schematics of the GenTech building layout and further details soon" said Brody, turning to Foxtrot.

Just then, he remembered something important: the black knight he had sought after as part of his plan to take out Franklin in case all other measures failed. He opened a pouch on his belt and pulled out a photograph evidently taken from security cam footage and held it up to those present.

"Before we adjourn this meeting, does anyone know where I can find or contact this individual?" said Brody.

Marina looked at the photograph and shrugged, having never seen anyone like this or even hearing about them. She turned to the others to see if they had any ideas as to who this rather malicious-looking entity was.
Last edited by Giratina93 on Thu Apr 20, 2023 5:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti breathed a sigh of relief at seeing Marina finally relent on the topic; she knew it was really hard for her to accept that, but in the long run, it would help keep a lot of people safer that could've gotten themselves killed if she didn't lay low otherwise. it was a little disappointing to hear that Marina could not use her powers to track Franklin, though in hindsight that was sort of a ridiculous request in the first place; if she had the power to do that, why couldn't she have just located where he was earlier?

"I'd offer for you to stay at my place, but it's only a single bedroom, and I'm pretty far from Heng's clinic," Dhriti spoke, looking toward Marina. "Unless you like going for a jog every morning, at least."

As Brody produced the picture of the black armored knight, Dhriti's eyes lit up with surprise. "Hey... I saw that guy before. You guys hear about that big explosion in the warehouses yesterday? That was him fighting some weapon smugglers... they fucked him up pretty good. He also showed up at GenTech after the explosion and helped fight off that Callous dude and his sidekick lady. I dunno EXACTLY where he is, but I'm betting he's trying to figure out what's going on with this GenTech situation too. Maybe i can try finding him during my freetime, since he seems to like to hang out in high crime areas..."
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sun Apr 09, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

As the sound of screams and gunfire rang through the alleyway, Foxtrot sprang to attention. Her green lenses stared down the shrouded path where the noise had come from, and her hands fell to her holsters. Did really just hear that? A violent crime, this close to so many supers? If this wasn't an incredible coincidence, then it had to be a trap. An illusionist of some kind.

But the likelihood of a trap didn't matter to Foxtrot. If there was a chance, however small, that someone could be in danger or dying, she had to do something about it.

Foxtrot took off running after Alice, hot on the other woman's heels. "I'll be in touch!" she shouted back to Vespid and the others as she mentally prepared herself for what she might find...
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Celine took a deep breath. There was no way she was catching up to Alice now, and while she had no clue what The Fox was capable of, she seemed like a smart level head, a perfect partner for Alice in dealing with whatever it was that was going on over there. She had a gut feeling it was a trap, with the timing and the proximity, but as much as she wanted to go over and help, a similar gut feeling told her not to, that her time and energy were better spent ironing out what the plan regarding Franklin and Marina was. She could only hope that Alice and The Fox had this covered.

She raised an eyebrow at the image of the dark knight figure. "I've never seen them before personally, but... I have heard they as well are a vigilante, not quite as bloodthirsty as Bloodless, but not exactly a normal fighter either. If Durga's correct, though, they could be of great help. I'll ask Father Pius if he knows anything about where this knight person might be. He seems to have a lot of connections across the city through his religious work."

She looked over to Marina. "I'd offer my place as well, but... It's a little unorthodox and not meant for more than one person to be at. Maybe I can ask Seisshia if she has a place for you to hang at... And yes, any place where GenTech's goons can't track you down to is a good bet. In that case, maybe my apartment would actu-"

She felt her pocket vibrate, and reached in. It was a message, a text message from the woman in question: "Urgent news. It's about Sierra..." the message title read. She flipped open the phone, and read the message. Her face began to pale, one eye shooting back up to look at Marina for a split second before looking back down at the message. How the hell was she supposed to tell her this? Why now? Why did it have to be now, and for the worst case scenario to happen? For every step Celine and the others were trying their hardest to keep things from going from bad to worse, it was as if the spirit of her godforsaken mother was working overtime to screw them over. Her mouth dried up as she slowly closed the phone and shoved it back into her pocket...

-------------------

Kyra was easily able to keep up with Alice, the latter superhero not accustomed to running as fast as she found herself going, yet she could not afford to slow down. If what she suspected was up ahead was true...

The scent of blood only grew stronger as the two winded their way down several alleyways, until right as Alice was about to round a corner, an older looking man nearly crashed into her. He had short brown hair and was wearing a tuxedo that was covered in bloodstains and knife marks. His eyes were bloodshot and wide with fear, and he was shaking as Alice caught him. She recognized this person.

"Gerald! It's me, Alice." She tried to calm the man down, but the news reporter was in a frantic state and reeked of alcohol ontop of blood. Only once he registered who the voice belonged to did he begin to stop struggling against her. "What happened? What happened to you?"

"D-d-d-drinking night at the -b-b-bar." The news anchor stammered. His eyes frantically darted in every direction. "I-i-I was on my way home when... thugs tried to mug me. They began to c-c-cut into me and... E-e-eeverything went dark and a living shadow... Bloodless! It's Bloodless in there! I ran as she began to kill them! I don't want to die, Puppeteer! I-i-I don't want to die, save me!"

Alice felt her body begin to tense. So it was Bloodless. Her fist tightened, and in as controlled a voice as possible she told Gerald, "Keep running. Help's not too far off back there. I-We'll handle Bloodless."

Gerald rapidly nodded, and Alice let him go. The man took off down the alleyway, toward the others...

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Brody was a bit disappointed that Durga had no further details on the black knight, however her tip to check in high-crime areas would be very valuable in tracking this individual down, if he did indeed frequent these places. Brody quickly thought of several key locations where the black knight may be found, and his first thought was to install spy cameras in order to catch a better glimpse of the individual. This would also allow him to further assess the black knight's abilities, as well as narrow down where exactly he liked to frequent. He made a mental note to install these cameras at some point in the near future. Next would be actually attempting to contact this individual ASAP, as time was not on Brody or the other heroes' side. If Franklin evolves at an exponential rate, he feared administering the cure would become increasingly difficult, and more lethal options would need to be put into effect to prevent a catastrophe. He thought of various ways he could make contact with the knight: everything from leaving a note to luring him into a face-to-face meeting. The latter would be the most dangerous, as if Brody's hunch that the knight's abilities were supernatural in nature, he'd be at a severe disadvantage of the knight proved to be hostile. Alternatively, he could allow Durga to do the legwork, seeing as she offered to do so. This would allow Brody to continue his efforts to destroy GenTech and assist in the task of curing Franklin. With his options weighed, he nodded to Durga.

"If you can find him, have him contact me through my associate" he said, nodding to Blind.

"In the meantime, I'll see if I can locate him on my own." He added.

Seeing that the hour was reaching midnight, he determined that this meeting had run it's course. Turning around and putting his mask back on, he began to walk away from the group.

"I'll be in touch" he said, before disappearing into the fog of the alleyway.

As Marina's thoughts trailed off, her gaze happened to shift over to Celine as she pulled out her phone to read a message. It immediately became clear that something was very wrong, as she saw the woman's face turn deathly pale. She raised a brow and considered asking what the problem was, but feared she may come off as nosy. Her head was still partially fogged from the splitting-headache she received earlier from detecting Franklin, and in that moment she had no reason to assume the news was about her. Maybe Celine got news of a crime happening somewhere or something, or maybe a family member is sick. Just as she saw Celine put her phone in her pocket, the burner phone in Marina's pocket vibrated. She took out the phone and flipped the cover open with her thumb to see a message with an address. Upon further inspection, it was an address to the "Rosenfield Motel" on 1087, N Cherry street. She was unfamiliar with the motel, as she never stayed in one nor was she intimately familiar with such locations in the city. Most of her escapades into Los Diamantes were going to pubs and restaurants with Franklin, so this would be a new experience for her. She really hoped this wasn't some dingy, rundown place crawling with cockroaches and rats. She looked up at the others with the phone in hand, showing it to everyone.

"Hey uh, that guy just sent me the address to one of the motels. We'd better start going since its getting really late..." Marina suggested, phone still held up.
ImageImage

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

"I can go with you, if you want," Blind says, keeping one eye on Marina and one ear on the trouble that drew Alice and Kyra away. She didn't want to jump into either before knowing where she was most useful.

The vigilante tries to get across a gentle tone, even through her voice modulation. "I realize you don't like to feel helpless, Marina. I don't either. But accepting help doesn't make you helpless."
Last edited by HayesAJones on Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

"I'll keep you posted as soon as I learn more," Dhriti said with a nod as the man disappeared. What a curious fellow... he seemed to know a lot more about this than he was letting on, but it didn't seem like she had much choice bu to trust him fully for now. She knew basically nothing about GenTech, and he'd given her tons of information that she had no way of discerning otherwise. Despite that, something deep down did not sit well with her...

She turned to speak to both Blind and Marina next, in the hopes of comforting the obviously agitated Marina and assure her alliance with Blind, but she stopped when she noticed Celine's sudden change in appearance. "Um... Celine? everything okay?"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Foxtrot watched the injured man run off, hoping he would find his way towards the others soon. Those knife injuries had looked serious. He was lucky Bloodless had stepped in when she did; those wounds didn't look like the work of a simple mugging to her eyes.

"Bloodless. Fuck..." She had heard of the vigilante's high body count. From what she had learned from Vee, Bloodless seemed to target criminals; everything from high profile murderers and rapists to petty thieves and vandals. She was a killer. The type that used the pretense of heroics and the greater good as an excuse for slaughter. A rampaging animal, if the police reports were to be believed.

Foxtrot loaded armor-piercing nanosteel rounds into her revolver; reports had shown that Bloodless shrugged off conventional firearms.

"We'll try to get her to come quietly," she told Alice grimly. "A fight won't end well."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

It took all of Celine's will power to not begin cursing up a storm. Of course they had to notice, of course...

"I'll explain when we get to the motel." She forced herself to say, her expression focused moreso onto Marina. "More security and safety there than out here and... Less likely to have prying eyes."

------------------------------

Alice took a deep breath. "Right..." She bitterly said, though she knew that Foxtrot had a valid reason for the suggestion. In a straight on fight, unless they played their cards perfectly, Bloodless was likely to hold the upper hand. A fight breaking out would almost certainly prove lethal, and while Alice had faced threats more dangerous than Bloodless in the past, that was with a capable group back in her world, not with only one other person in conditions that far favored the enemy. Yet... She clenched her fist tight. "We'll try."

She lead Foxtrot around two more corners in the alleyway, and around the second corner she felt her stomach tie into a knot. The smell of blood was overpowering now, and in the darkness she could make out three bodies, three young men who had been torn and ripped apart, as well as the bodies of two large black dogs in similar condition. Bullets littered the ground, and standing in the middle of the corpses,lapping up the blood on the ground like a beast, was Bloodless. She had their backs turned to them at first, but she turned, and though Alice couldn't see the face or eyes of the murderer behind their mask, she still felt Bloodless's gaze burn deep into her....

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina pulled out her actual phone and scrolled to Google Maps, entering the address to the motel and waiting for the GPS to create a route to their destination. It would be about a half-hour walk from their current location, which wasn't too bad. Slipping the burner phone into her pocket, she looked back in time to hear Celine say she'd explain whatever was troubling her when they got to the motel. If it warranted an explanation, then surely it was related to current events? She resisted the temptation to pry for further answers, instead choosing to simply begin her journey to the motel. She looked over to Blind and furrowed her brow.

"Are you really going to be walking around dressed like that?" she asked, gesturing to her tech-suit.

================================================================================================================

Roadrunner had vanished almost as soon as Brody mentioned he'd stay in touch, eager to redeem himself in his own eyes by assisting against the notorious vigilante Bloodless. He'd had run-ins with her in the past, but he was never able to actually defeat her and bring her into justice, at most he was able to drive her off. Infuriatingly, Bloodless always seemed to be able to escape the law seemingly out of thin air. Roadrunner knew the real truth to Bloodless's ability to disappear without a trace: he was aware that she possessed the ability to melt away into shadows on a whim. With an ability like that, it was no wonder she was impossible to capture: how do you catch a shadow? Nevertheless, Roadrunner simply thought of it as "going through the motions" and he was confident the cycle would repeat itself: He or another hero would show up, fight Bloodless, drive her off, she escapes without a trace, rinse and repeat. As he ran, he took a moment to take in his surroundings as they passed him in slow-motion through his glowing blue goggles. This aspect of his abilities always fascinated him: he went so fast that the world around him was slowed down to a crawl in his eyes. He could examine every detail of his surroundings as he went. What felt like a sprint to him was apparently the blink of an eye to those who saw him in action. This was good, as it allowed him to be at the scene of a crime in a moment's notice. Well, not lately, not as much as he should.

He followed in the direction where he saw Foxtrot and Alice heading, and nearly became lost if he hadn't spotted a frightened man in a brown tuxedo frantically running out of an alleyway. He came to a complete stop, halting all his momentum and pulling the man aside. Given how scared senseless the man appeared to be, he wagered that Bloodless was definitely nearby.

"Oi mate! Cavalry's here, now where's the trouble?" he asked the frightened man.
Last edited by Breakdown on Wed May 03, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

"Easy, Bloodless..." Foxtrot warned, raising her hand in front of her. She spoke firmly, but in a calm and even tone. Her gun was drawn, but it was not yet pointed towards Bloodless. It was important not to escalate the situation.

"I'm Foxtrot. This is Puppeteer. You know who we are, yeah?" As she tried to talk down Bloodless, her goggles examined the bodies, swapping between alternate vision modes as she searched for signs of life. Her heart sank when she found none. "I need you to back away from them, Bloodless. Slowly. Hands above your head. We don't want any further violence here."
Last edited by Spuro on Thu May 04, 2023 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti nodded in agreement with Celine; there was way too much going on out in the open, even this late at night. No need to risk somebody with ill intent catching wind of what was going on.Hear head perked up as she picked up the sound of Foxtrot's voice deeper into the alley. As much as Dhriti wanted to help, her running in now would probably just make things worse, especially if it was another super. Plus, she had made plans to have dinner with Gerard tonight... but at the same time, if it WAS super, Alice and Foxtrot would need all the help they could get.

Mulling things over mentally, Dhriti pulled out her phone and typed out a quick text to Gerard.
Hey, I don't think I'll be able to make it to dinner tonight, sorry. Something came up. :( Maybe tomorrow night?
Looking between Celine and Marina, Dhriti sensed Celine's focus on Marina. As a result, the Indian woman made her decision. "I'll... give you some space. See you guys soon."

With that, Dhriti quietly followed where she had seen Alice and Foxtrot go...