Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Re: Monster Hunter General Thread 2.0

Post by gvamp »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:08 pm Why the hell is it so hard to beat magnamalo.
I didn't have any issues with him. Make sure you have proper equipment and are eating Bunny Dango. If you think he's bad wait till you get the High Rank stuff. I would suggest looking up guides on YouTube for your weapon choice. I know there's one YouTuber that put out a series of videos that show which equipment you should use for each of the village star quests as well as post-game equipment. There's also guides on combos you can use for your weapon of choice to make them more effective, that way you aren't just button mashing.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

gvamp wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:12 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:08 pm Why the hell is it so hard to beat magnamalo.
I didn't have any issues with him. Make sure you have proper equipment and are eating Bunny Dango. If you think he's bad wait till you get the High Rank stuff. I would suggest looking up guides on YouTube for your weapon choice. I know there's one YouTuber that put out a series of videos that show which equipment you should use for each of the village star quests as well as post-game equipment. There's also guides on combos you can use for your weapon of choice to make them more effective, that way you aren't just button mashing.
Ok, I killed him, so either I have a skill issue with dual blades and switch axe, or I'm a natural at Insect Glaive (Also killed Diablos on first attempt, and that T-Rex-like monster on first try)

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Ok, so I killed Rajang today, and from what I've heard about him in world, he seems underwhelming in Rise.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:13 pm Ok, so I killed Rajang today, and from what I've heard about him in world, he seems underwhelming in Rise.
Yes high rank Rajang in Rise is a lot slower than the one introduced in Iceborne and also can't deny you knockdowns anymore either. However master rank kinda solves this issue by making him have not a lot of breathing room in between his attacks on top of enraging faster than usual.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

So I'm onto the Gaismagorm fight, any tips?

For context, I'm using Gore Magala dual blades with Spiral slash, demon mode, and shrouded vault as my big switch skills, with all Gore Magala armor (most is max level).

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:12 pm So I'm onto the Gaismagorm fight, any tips?

For context, I'm using Gore Magala dual blades with Spiral slash, demon mode, and shrouded vault as my big switch skills, with all Gore Magala armor (most is max level).
It's a big arena style boss so it's mostly spectacle than it is hard. Pay attention to Fiorayne and if you see rocks or ballista fall from the sky use them or hide behind them. He gets one big range attack can kill one hit or close to it in phase 2 if you let him get far enough to do it (you'll know what I mean) but it gives you some warning so just get out of the radius of it. Can hug his body nut watch out for his full body attacks like when he swings his tail/body all the way around. Hopefully some of this helps.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 10:44 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 9:12 pm So I'm onto the Gaismagorm fight, any tips?

It's a big arena style boss so it's mostly spectacle than it is hard. Pay attention to Fiorayne and if you see rocks or ballista fall from the sky use them or hide behind them. He gets one big range attack can kill one hit or close to it in phase 2 if you let him get far enough to do it (you'll know what I mean) but it gives you some warning so just get out of the radius of it. Can hug his body nut watch out for his full body attacks like when he swings his tail/body all the way around. Hopefully some of this helps.
You beat me here, I was going to say never mind, I beat him third try with my Gore Insect Glaive, basically just target practice.

And I beat Crimson Glow Valstrax without fainting at all first try.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

So has anyone played Monster Hunter Now? I want to, but the phone I play on says that it's not available to download on said phone.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally a brand new multi console Monster Hunter game! Monster Hunter Wilds.

Added in 1 minute 5 seconds:
This and Sparking Zero, finally a reason to get a PS5!
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Looking forward to seeing more info about Wilds next year! I personally don't mind the wait to 2025. This reveal shows they've got quite a lot of interesting actions planned and I don't mind them taking extra time to polish it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

This actually looks like the proper sequel to Monster Hunter World I've been hoping for.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Hold the fuck up. I see a Greatsword on the player's back...but a Light Bowgun in his gear bag? Can we carry two weapons now??

Insect Glaive + Dual Blades = I'LL TRY SPINNING THAT'S A GOOD TRICK LET'S FUCKING GO

I hope that Chocobo-looking mount is called a Palociraptor. Calling it now.

And if Lagiacrus isn't in this, I'm suing Capcom.
Last edited by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 on Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Saint of Death
Ronin

Post by Saint of Death »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 12:14 am Hold the fuck up. I see a Greatsword on the player's back...but a Light Bowgun in his gear bag? Can we carry two weapons now??

Insect Glaive + Dual Blades = I'LL TRY SPINNING THAT'S A GOOD TRICK LET'S FUCKING GO

I hope that Chocobo-looking mount is called a Palociraptor. Calling it now.

And if Lagiacrus isn't in this, I'm suing Capcom.
Insect Glaive plus Dual Blades would be awesome.

Let's get real, we're more likely to get a Frontier Monster rather than Lagiacrus, our boy just isn't coming back anytime soon.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Looks like the next info drop for Wilds will be Summer 2024.

Also, if Deviljho isn't named Best Monster, I'm rioting.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:41 am

Looks like the next info drop for Wilds will be Summer 2024.

Also, if Deviljho isn't named Best Monster, I'm rioting.
I wouldn't be surprised if Zinogre and Mizutsune are in the top 3.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Do you know what it would’ve been great to see a Eastern Dragon in the 6th game. Not Amatsu, A traditional Eastern design like how Fatalis is to Western Dragon.