Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by _JNavs_ »

Missed out on Gomess :(
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 11:55 am Missed out on Gomess :(
You still have a chance! Showcase Daikaiju from the US still has em up for preorder

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:02 pm
You still have a chance! Showcase Daikaiju from the US still has em up for preorder
Oof, $34.99. Might be worthwhile if that's the only figure you're looking for, but if you have a few more on the list it might be better to wait on a restock from HobbyLink or a similar site. Restocks are likely as these are brand new.

DarkDeltaDragon
Yojimbo

Post by DarkDeltaDragon »

With all the new releases and exclusives coming out lately, I hope that one day maybe they'll do a Monsterverse Burning Godzilla again that's not tied to a limited Blu-ray purchase. Even as a Godzilla Store exclusive would do. Then again, the last time they did a store exclusive MV release was a barely changed, "Heavy Paint" Ghidorah lol

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I’m sure they’ll restock it on at least some of the other sites if you’re not wanting to get it at Showcase. As others said it depends if you’re gonna be getting other figures with it.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thanks guys! I went ahead and scooped just Gomess, since besides maybe Ebirah, I'm not too in a rush on the rest. (I say that now but watch next paycheck they'll all be in the cart lol)
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Baragon has entered my HLJ pile of loot. Need two more items to restock before I can ship everything. The wait is killing me!! Lol

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Even though I ordered Gomess and Baragon as soon as preorders dropped I don't have either. Irritating. How long of a wait should I expect?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

My Rebirth Gamera has landed in my HLJ private warehouse

And with that, I chose to ship all of the items I bought before this 20% off sale ends, it's not much of a sale really, but a sale is a sale lol

@Major sssspielberg! , This is the first wave of the current toys that released so they may be in stock again within the next month, although that's not guaranteed so don't get your hopes up...

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

I looked at the 20% off shipping deal. Works great if you can take advantage of it. Problem for me is while it would save about $20 now, it would end up costing me an extra ~$50 to ship the items I’m still waiting on separately. So it’s still cheaper to wait and pay full price for one shipment than split it up.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Does anyone know what size/kind of plastic sleeves I should be looking for, for the tags? Figured I'm at a point where I have so many that they'll inevitably scuff at some point.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Sleeves for trading cards should work. Back when I took all my tags off I put them in standard trading card binders and they fit great.
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Thanks! I went ahead and got some Ultra Pro top-loaders. I usually heat up the vinyl and pluck the cards out, that way I can always place them back in the figure later on. So this'll be a good middle ground where I won't have to worry about the cards getting damaged.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Be sure to save the C hooks if you ever want to put the tags back on. Finding ones exactly like those isn't always easy.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:15 pm Be sure to save the C hooks if you ever want to put the tags back on. Finding ones exactly like those isn't always easy.
Very true, though if I kept the C hooks attached to the cards they'd probably make for a pretty neat string of characters across a wall/shelf or something (that is if the cardstock can fit the opposite end of the c hook). Who am I kidding though they'll just end up in a small safe box of some kind.

DirektorSplennic
EDF Instructor

Post by DirektorSplennic »

I still cut my tags off and put them in a card binder. I like having a history of the order I got my vinyls in over the years. Do most of ya'll keep the tags on now?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

DirektorSplennic wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:53 pm I still cut my tags off and put them in a card binder. I like having a history of the order I got my vinyls in over the years. Do most of ya'll keep the tags on now?
As a kid I used to cut the tags off and save them in a box. I still have that box, and have added the tags from new figures here and there.

The only figures I have where I didn't remove the tags are the newer Gamera ones. I've got Legion, Gamera '96 and '99, and never cut the tags off. I don't know if I ever will- they just look really good on them.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I cut tags off, but I make sure to save them. I have them in a card binder right now (it looks nice having them all there!) but may have to upgrade to fit the larger Gamera tags.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I keep the tags on all my figures. I don't intend to resell my collection or anything, but its an OCD part of my brain that says "keep them on". I won't buy any newish figures, unless they include the tag. Recently, I've resorted to using top-loaders to put the tags in, especially on older figures.

Anyways, I have Shin Gomess now. It's a good figure. It's slightly smaller than Shin Godzilla, but it's not noticeable if you just put him as part of a "Shin line-up". Its a solid figure with nice paint, and detail.

I'm in the process of a major reoganizing/cleaning, and I've been pretty busy lately, so I'll post later.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

I uuuuusually take the tags off (in which I place them in an old trading card bin I own), but recently I've kept them on Godzilla Store exclusives, Gamera releases (+Daimajin), Shadowmoon and any Ultra Monster DX figure I get brand new

Added in 1 hour 8 minutes 7 seconds:
Ok so I saw 2 in-hand images of MMS Rebirth Gamera, and the seam going around his upper body is very noticeable...

Please Bandai, do NOT make this a common thing, it's unnecessary and makes any toy look worse