Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Re: Pacific Rim Figures the Sequel

Post by Anguirus »

What would we think of Super7 making Pacific Rim Ultimates? I would guess the first two would be Gypsy Danger and Knifehead, which would be sweet.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Anguirus wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:53 pm What would we think of Super7 making Pacific Rim Ultimates? I would guess the first two would be Gypsy Danger and Knifehead, which would be sweet.
Not sure Super7's style could really gel with PR, I think they'd be a little too toyetic for my tastes. At least, that's from judging their other Ultimates figures.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:02 pm
Anguirus wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:53 pm What would we think of Super7 making Pacific Rim Ultimates? I would guess the first two would be Gypsy Danger and Knifehead, which would be sweet.
Not sure Super7's style could really gel with PR, I think they'd be a little too toyetic for my tastes. At least, that's from judging their other Ultimates figures.
Hard agree on the Ultimates, but I would love if they were to do something in ReAction along the lines of the Chibis that NECA made.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

My Diamond Select Gipsy Danger came in! I love the paint job, this is another win from Diamond for me. I hope we get some more jaegars from the first film (and as I've repeatedly said, non-vinyl kaiju).

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

I'm curious to know how DS's Gipsy Danger stacks up against NECA's Ultimate Gipsy.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Infinity Studios is releasing a high end Crimson Typhoon figure via their new HeavyMech label.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Anguirus wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:23 pm Infinity Studios is releasing a high end Crimson Typhoon figure via their new HeavyMech label.
Lemme guess, several hundred dollars? Is this really the way to get fans to buy stuff from a diminishing IP?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Maverick Centigrade wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:26 pm
Anguirus wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:23 pm Infinity Studios is releasing a high end Crimson Typhoon figure via their new HeavyMech label.
Lemme guess, several hundred dollars? Is this really the way to get fans to buy stuff from a diminishing IP?
Yup! Guaranteed north of $2k!
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

I'd be all for Ultimates, but I'm kind of surprised they never did Reactions. I doubt I'd buy any of 'em, but curious how they'd look.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Diamond Select has announced a limited SDCC set that contains repaints of Gypsy Danger and Gypsy Avenger.

Diamond Select has also changed their Facebook cover photo to Gypsy Danger!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Yawn.

Give me giant scale Slattern and Onibaba.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Lame exclusives but then again, there rarely is any SDCC exclusive that's actually great these days.

Hopefully they're going all-in on other Jaegers and Kaiju soon.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Right?! I just realized however that the next potential announcement wouldn't be until SDCC. I need Pacific Rim news now!

I wonder if X-Plus would go back to Pacific Rim ever.

InfiniteHollywood
GPN Volunteer

Post by InfiniteHollywood »

I really enjoyed PR so much when it came out. Collected a ton of the NECA figures. Not that anyone cares, but man, the sequel and all the designs since then just completely sapped my interest. I keep wanting to get back into it but outside of the PR 1 stuff, everything just feels less interesting to me.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I wish we could get more figures from The Black. I really did like a lot of the designs there. I’m down for more from the original but The Black is real slim pickings for figures right now.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

Which kaiju from The Black would you all be excited for?

I just really want Breacher.
Last edited by Anguirus on Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Anguirus wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:42 pm Which kaiju from The Black would you all be excited for?

Does Apex count? :lol:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Anguirus wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:42 pm Which kaiju from The Black would you all be excited for?

Copperhead bc he was a MENACE!

I would also take
Spoiler:
Kaiju version of b0y, the design is neat.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Well, Infinity Studios put up their pre-order for the Crimson Typhoon action figure for the absolute bargain of $360 USD.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... 244346?o=1