Gamera Rebirth (NEW GAMERA 2023)

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: Gamera Rebirth (NEW GAMERA 2023)

Post by GigaBowserG »

Shenanigans wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:46 am Add me to camp Barugon. At least I hope that tongue is Barugon's; I didn't care much for how S.P. mixed aspects of various kaiju together, so if they gave Jiger some of Barugon's attributes that'd be kind of lame. Regardless, I'm a little surprised that was the only possible glimpse we got of another kaiju, figured the others would've at least been teased.

Also does Jiger have three eyes?
Thinking the thing that killed those dudes was a baby Jiger; if you slow it down, you can see it's the same pointed-tipped tail like the giant Jiger has. But yeah, looks like Jiger also has 3 eyes! 2 on the sides of its head, and another beneath its forehead horn. Unusual, but cool.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:45 am
Shenanigans wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:46 am Add me to camp Barugon. At least I hope that tongue is Barugon's; I didn't care much for how S.P. mixed aspects of various kaiju together, so if they gave Jiger some of Barugon's attributes that'd be kind of lame. Regardless, I'm a little surprised that was the only possible glimpse we got of another kaiju, figured the others would've at least been teased.

Also does Jiger have three eyes?
Thinking the thing that killed those dudes was a baby Jiger; if you slow it down, you can see it's the same pointed-tipped tail like the giant Jiger has. But yeah, looks like Jiger also has 3 eyes! 2 on the sides of its head, and another beneath its forehead horn. Unusual, but cool.
You're right, I just saw that pointed out on Tumblr and went back to confirm it myself. If nothing else, I'm just glad they didn't give Jiger an extendo-tongue; two Gamera foes with that feature is enough.

Now the question is whether this is truly a separate baby Jiger or merely the adult as a baby before it grows up. Hoping for the former; I feel like the baby Jigers are often forgotten despite being one of Jiger's main unique elements. Plus they can have a whole army of them wreaking havoc like the 1998 Baby Godzillas.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am guessing that creature that attacked those two guys in the plant is that electrical creature featured in the 2015 teaser.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Guys. Again. It’s Jiger that attacks them. You can literally freeze frame the image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Even if that is a mini Jiger (and the tail tells me it is) Barugon still has a pretty high chance of showing up still. Don't count the chameleon out just yet!

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:27 am Anyone else think the kids’ parents will be featured in this series?
Brief information of main human characters says that two or three kids are raised by single parent.

The synopsis refers words like summer , summer vacation, and freindship. I assume this one would have very similar vibe to Gamera the Brave. You know, thiis movie was about a single parent family child intreacting with Gamera during summer vacation.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I find it interesting that the trailer seems to focus mostly on the Jiger episode. Especially considering that based on the synopsis that Gyaos is the main enemy for the first episode. Wonder is something big happens in that episode that they don't to spoil yet.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:52 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:27 am Anyone else think the kids’ parents will be featured in this series?
Brief information of main human characters says that two or three kids are raised by single parent.

The synopsis refers words like summer , summer vacation, and freindship. I assume this one would have very similar vibe to Gamera the Brave. You know, thiis movie was about a single parent family child intreacting with Gamera during summer vacation.
Also, I'm guessing that that older girl is the sister of one of the boys.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Shenanigans wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:29 pm Image

Now the question is whether this is truly a separate baby Jiger or merely the adult as a baby before it grows up. Hoping for the former; I feel like the baby Jigers are often forgotten despite being one of Jiger's main unique elements. Plus they can have a whole army of them wreaking havoc like the 1998 Baby Godzillas.
Man you really gotta go through this trailer frame-by-frame, because there's actually two tails in this shot.

So I guess multiple babies are confirmed.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

In order to expect Kadokawa to produce more Gamera contents, it is essential that this animation succeed in the Japanese market. But it seems.... not getting good responses among Japanese fan communities. It is mostly because of its full 3d art style. There is also a lot of talk about the movement of cutting off with too few frames. Hmm....
Last edited by vastatosaurus on Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:28 pm In order to expect Kadokawa to produce more Gamera contents, it is essential that this animation succeed in the Japanese market. But it seems.... not getting good responses among Japanese fan communities. It is mostly because of its full 3d art style. There is also a lot of talk about the movement of cutting off with too few frames. Hmm....
Yeah, that’s the thing about 3D anime. It’s not very well accepted even among diehard anime fans. Some of them can end up being hits (Beastars is a big one), but it takes a lot of getting used to when 2D is the tried and true format. I think the fact that the human designs really don’t impress has not helped the situation… but hopefully, it’ll provide a good enough story to offset that initial reception to the visuals.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

vastatosaurus wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:56 pm The overall artsyle reminds me of Polygon Pictures. Especially Pacific Rim the Black. Actually I was a bit suprised that this one is not related with Polygon at all. Though this one seems to have much better action scenes and background arts than those works from Polygon.
Welp, I completly forgot that the main director of this Gamera animation is Hiroyuki Seshita. That was the reason why this one keeps reminding us Ploygon Pictures. He is the guy who worked with PP for 10 years and establishes their particular 3d art style. Ha!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

vastatosaurus wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:44 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:56 pm The overall artsyle reminds me of Polygon Pictures. Especially Pacific Rim the Black. Actually I was a bit suprised that this one is not related with Polygon at all. Though this one seems to have much better action scenes and background arts than those works from Polygon.
Welp, I completly forgot that the main director of this Gamera animation is Hiroyuki Seshita. That was the reason why this one keeps reminding us Ploygon Pictures. He is the guy who worked with PP for 10 years and establishes their particular 3d art style. Ha!
Ahhhh, okay. This makes a lot more sense now.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

John Pannozzi
Monsterland Worker

Post by John Pannozzi »

The thing I've been wondering about (even before Rebirth was announced), is if there might be complications using Legion, Irys and/or Zedus. Since the Heisei Trilogy and Gamera the Brave were co-produced with other companies, and said companies co-own the copyright to those films along with Kadokawa. I remember someone somewhere noted that Zedus wasn't being used in more recent Gamera merchandise and stuff.

Though for all I know, (some of) those companies might be part of Rebirth's production committee. Nippon TV was IINM Daiei/Kadokawa's only production partner on all four heisei-era Gamera films, so maybe they're involved with this.
Friends don't lie.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

John Pannozzi wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:47 pm The thing I've been wondering about (even before Rebirth was announced), is if there might be complications using Legion, Irys and/or Zedus. Since the Heisei Trilogy and Gamera the Brave were co-produced with other companies, and said companies co-own the copyright to those films along with Kadokawa. I remember someone somewhere noted that Zedus wasn't being used in more recent Gamera merchandise and stuff.

Though for all I know, (some of) those companies might be part of Rebirth's production committee. Nippon TV was IINM Daiei/Kadokawa's only production partner on all four heisei-era Gamera films, so maybe they're involved with this.
Huh, yeah I never considered that.

Zedus might fall victim to that, but I think Iris and Legion are safe given the amount of merch they’ve recent received.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

In the future, does 3D-Anime technology have room to improve?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Absolutely. Trigun looks really good now, but it can always look better.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Japan twitter isn’t being too kind to the trailer from what I’ve seen. People seem to like the designs but not the animation quality.

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I suppose this has a lower budget than the recent Godzilla/Pacific Rim anime/cartoons? That would make sense I suppose, given Gamera's long absence.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Yeah, not to defend what is most definitely shoddy animation, but I feel like they probably went with this type of animation because its cheaper and easier to produce. Combined with the fact that its only six episodes, a low budget was likely a factor in what we're seeing here.