Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Official What are you Playing and the Last Game you Beat 2.0

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Playing Metroid Prime currently. Right at my greatest nemesis, the Omega Pirate. God I hate this guy.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I've started playing the remastered version too after getting it for my birthday. I decided to just go for the new control mechanic and not choose the original controls that I'm familiar with (and personally never had a problem with), so it's taken some time to get used to. Aside from that, I'm really liking the makeover the game's gotten. It almost felt like playing it for the first time all over again. Also, I love the new unlockable bonus stuff they added. :D
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Been on an ftl binge recently
Last edited by Jetty_Jags on Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
He Jock it Made of Steel

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake. I love it, although I'm only at the castle section. I think the original is fantastic, but a lot of the enviornments have a washed out dirt/green wash to it early on. The updated graphics and colors here make the game much more atmospheric and tense, which to me justifies remaking what is obstentibly probably one of the most perfect games.

I am having a little difficulty though. The villagers/Gonados are much easier to kill than the zombies in RE2+3, but the way they dealt with that is often throwing hordes of villages at you, just like the original RE4. It's by no means an issue, but after just playing Dead Space, a survival horror game where conservation of ammo, and precise aiming at body parts other than the head are key, it's a bit difficult to just remember SHOOT THE HEAD. Likewise, there's a few new mechanics involving the knife and parrying I need to adjust to. Overall, it's a fantastic time.

Likewise, I'm playing Like a Dragon: Isshin, and it's pretty good. I love the Yakuza/Like a Dragon Series and it was nice to play the first new game on release since I got into the series.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MogeGoji1994
Monarch Researcher

Post by MogeGoji1994 »

I'm also playing RE4R, already on my 2nd paythrough (NG+ Hardcore) and I absolutely love it! This might be my favorite RE game now
Resized Image
You want S.T.A.R.S? I'll give you S.T.A.R.S!
7 minutes. 7 minutes is all I can spare to play with you

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Currently playing Metroid Prime Remastered. I started it a week ago and just got the Grapple beam a few hours ago. Not sure what I'm going to play after I finish off MPR probably something on the PS5.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

I'm stuck on the Omega Pirate again as per usual. I really hate that guy. I prefer the Metroid Prime fight to this.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:55 pm I'm stuck on the Omega Pirate again as per usual. I really hate that guy. I prefer the Metroid Prime fight to this.
I just finished this tonight. The Omega Pirate was pretty tough for sure but there's a neat little trick you can do, assuming you're playing the Remastered version, I don't know if this works on the GCN/Wii versions because I never got that far in the game, but any way when the fight first begins quickly get into your morph ball then hit X to jump and then use a powerbomb, this will knock off all his armor. After that then just spam your charged Plasma beam attack as he spawns and despawns and ignore the pirate troopers that spawn in, bam a challenging fight becomes slightly less challenging.

I personally had more trouble with the Prime Metroid until I learned the patterns. It took me three tries, but I finally got it.

Now that I'm done with Metroid Prime Remastered I'm going to start Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy on PC/Xbox. After that probably going to do something on the PS5 then move on to Tears of the Kingdom.
Last edited by gvamp on Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Finished Ocarina of Time again for like the dozenth time and just started The Minish Cap for my 1st time. Also been playing around with Demon's Crest.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I've been playing Digimon Survive on the Switch for about a week now.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Finished Minish Cap. Cute game with some fun mechanics but a bit on the short side. Starting Metroid Fusion.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Been playing Final Fantasy 16 since the end of June. Sadly, I haven't had the time to play games as often as I'd like. I'm hoping to finish FF16 by the end of September so I can jump into Pikimin 1 before Spider-Man 2 comes out on PS5

PC Specs

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Just beaten Alien Isolation again (well 3/4 in) and I just remember how good the scheme is it is so surprising that there’s some people who absolutely hate this game. I get that some games aren’t for you but legit I’ve been insulted for having Alien isolation as my favorite game

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Been playing Metroid Fusion and I'm at the spider boss. Holy shit this guy if fucking annoying. I barely get time to recover from his body slam before he comes in for another. I have hardly any time to react.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Just 100% kaiju wars. Goddamn that final level is tough on hard mode.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, I've killed all of the Fated Four with the exception of Glavenus, I think I'll try fighting Rathalos tomorrow (Thank god for Prowler)

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Just beat Final Fantasy 16 last night. I really enjoyed the game. Thought the story was well done. Probably my favorite in the series. Keep in mind though I've only ever played through FF15, I've played some of 10, 13 and the original FF7 just haven't finished them all the way through.

Now I'm playing Pikmin 1 HD on the Switch. Looks like I may finish that next weekend though as I played for about 3 hours today and I'm already around the half way mark.

PC Specs

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Started my first playthrough of Yoshi's Island. It's ok so far but Super Mario World is way better. Yoshi's Island plays a little slower thus I don't think it's as fun.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Ended up taking longer than I thought to finish off Pikmin 1 HD but I just finished it yesterday. Man, I love this series, Pikmin 1 is really special to me. Back when these systems came out, I was only planning on being a single console owner but then Godzilla DAMM came out and was being touted as a GCN exclusive, so I decided I'd buy a used GCN off of the now defunct Half.com. Well as soon as I placed my order, I was scrolling through the upcoming Xbox releases and low and behold Godzilla DAMM was coming out on Xbox. I still decided to keep the GameCube because it'd be a few months before Godzilla was out and tried renting the GCN version several times only for it to be out every time I went. So, I decided to rent Pikmin instead and instantly fell in love with it. Never actually finished the GCN version so I was excited to finally beat the game after 20 something years.

I was going to jump right into Pikmin 2 HD but don't think I'm going to have enough time to finish it before Spider-Man 2 drops in a couple of weeks on PS5, so instead I decided to finish Death in the Water 2. I should be able to finish that next weekend because its a pretty short game. Then I'll probably just hold off on gaming until Spider-Man 2 comes out

PC Specs

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

I beat Super Metroid last week, finally getting 100% items and just barely under 3 hours.
An hour ago I managed to beat my personal best at King of the monsters 2 on the switch. I currently have the highest score for the game, at least on the switch records. I'm sure there are far greater scores for the game recorded elsewhere but it's nice to hold at least one small record.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!