The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
Glancing upward to his master, he gazed upon her beauty, hoping to make her proud once more.

Umm… … …Gororin isn’t having any unbecoming thoughts, is he…?
This was a short, sweet little match with an interesting premise and good action throughout. There were a few grammar issues, but small enough that they didn’t drag down the quality of the match that much. In the grand scheme of things, this match achieves what it sets out to do at the end of the day. Good work, Mr. Soto!

Also, given that banner, for a minute there I thought these monsters were fighting in the backrooms.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:01 pm
Spoiler:
Glancing upward to his master, he gazed upon her beauty, hoping to make her proud once more.

Umm… … …Gororin isn’t having any unbecoming thoughts, is he…?
This was a short, sweet little match with an interesting premise and good action throughout. There were a few grammar issues, but small enough that they didn’t drag down the quality of the match that much. In the grand scheme of things, this match achieves what it sets out to do at the end of the day. Good work, Mr. Soto!

Also, given that banner, for a minute there I thought these monsters were fighting in the backrooms.
Your not the only one lol

As for my own thoughts, this was a nice short fight, nothing to crazy, but considering how long 400 was, it's a good breather. Enjoyed how devoted Gororin was to his master, that was sweet. Nice solid fight with both getting their kicks in where it mattered

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

A lean, mean action packed way to read a good short story to kill a few minutes! Great stuff, Declan Coughlin!
Spoiler:
Given Orga’s fighting both Ultraman and Godzilla, and with the match taking place in Osaka, for a minute there I thought the match was a prequel to Match 185.
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Not bad, a simple but effective match.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
MR. BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAST

Okay, got that out of the way. :lol: Nice to see another match by Decan so soon after Orochi vs. Dogora. Also Orga's reappearance after a pretty decent absence, putting his DNA absorbing powers to good use. Wonder what happened to the other Godzilla though?
Edit: Completely unrelated question: what version of Godzilla is used for the Universal monsters on the Combatants Statistics? is it SpaceGodzilla? Super Godzilla? Some sort of scrapped design?
Last edited by Gigantis on Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Just woke up to see another of my matches on the page lol
Glad everyone is enjoying it so far.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 am Edit: Completely unrelated question: what version of Godzilla is used for the Universal monsters on the Combatants Statistics? is it SpaceGodzilla? Super Godzilla? Some sort of scrapped design?
Oh! For the little icon? That's the Matt Frank custom design of the Big G from IDW's Godzilla Legends #1 (something that's been there since the Hybrid days). Figured Universal characters don't meet the typical criteria, so a new icon was made. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:40 am A lean, mean action packed way to read a good short story to kill a few minutes! Great stuff, Declan Coughlin!
Spoiler:
Given Orga’s fighting both Ultraman and Godzilla, and with the match taking place in Osaka, for a minute there I thought the match was a prequel to Match 185.
DUDE! If I had thought of that before, that would've been incredible!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

KaijuX wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:32 am
Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:01 am Edit: Completely unrelated question: what version of Godzilla is used for the Universal monsters on the Combatants Statistics? is it SpaceGodzilla? Super Godzilla? Some sort of scrapped design?
Oh! For the little icon? That's the Matt Frank custom design of the Big G from IDW's Godzilla Legends #1 (something that's been there since the Hybrid days). Figured Universal characters don't meet the typical criteria, so a new icon was made. ;)
Oooh! Okay, because I was constantly wondering why it didn't match any version of Godzilla I knew lol

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

OMG I JUST NOTICED MR BEAST ON THE BANNER!
Matt, thank you lol :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
The Super-X takes its first flight!.. It didn't win, but hey, at least it's still intact. :P

This is another relatively older fight. For anyone wondering, when Nagoda first made the banner, Attack Titan was still called Rogue Titan. Obviously revisions has appeared since then, and I think this was also meant to be a finale of a story arc he planned.. Considering this was uploaded first, guess that's not happening, but oh well. Pretty fun fight regardless! A great showdown between men and god. It'll be interesting to see where things go, should it manage to get a sequel.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Spoiler:
It's honestly about time Orochi got a win

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:31 am
Spoiler:
The Super-X takes its first flight!.. It didn't win, but hey, at least it's still intact. :P

This is another relatively older fight. For anyone wondering, when Nagoda first made the banner, Attack Titan was still called Rogue Titan. Obviously revisions has appeared since then, and I think this was also meant to be a finale of a story arc he planned.. Considering this was uploaded first, guess that's not happening, but oh well. Pretty fun fight regardless! A great showdown between men and god. It'll be interesting to see where things go, should it manage to get a sequel.
It’s meant to be the start of a series where the AOT Titans are fighting against the rule of Orochi. No idea when I’ll ever get to the sequel of Attack Titan & Super X vs Kumasogami vs Skullcrawler, but anyone feel free to write their own sequel.

Anyways, this match is really old, and the Super X was in the original match as only a cameo in the end to distract Orochi and let Eren escape. If you want to know how old, I think I originally finished it when the DBZA Broly Episode came out, and I referenced it in the match. So sometime in 2017, which was also when I wrote Gamera vs Everyone. Then I was told I could revise it when we got the Super X in the roster, and so I made a fight with the Super X and revised the match a lot from its more simpler version from years ago. The banner was also made around that time, and then revised later on to fit the Super X’s addition.

I’ll put more thoughts into the Trivia thread.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

A pretty fun match and the added context of it being old does explain some things about it. I will say the banner flames are cool but also make it hard to spot the Super-X least for me, might just be not so good vision on my end lol
Spoiler:
Orochi getting a win was very much needed so am happy for our 8 headed dark god.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

godjacob wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:37 am A pretty fun match and the added context of it being old does explain some things about it. I will say the banner flames are cool but also make it hard to spot the Super-X least for me, might just be not so good vision on my end lol
Spoiler:
Orochi getting a win was very much needed so am happy for our 8 headed dark god.
It's not your bad vision, I've got 20/20 vision and I had to take a fat second to see it.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

The new match was great! A nice start to a new universe with Orochi finally ending his little losing streak.
Although just a quick question. I'm kinda considering (still on the fence about it) writing a sequel or a match that just takes place in the same universe as this one, so I want to make sure of something. What kaiju and other characters are considered dead in this timeline?

Added in 52 seconds:
Nagoda wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:24 am
Spoiler:

It’s meant to be the start of a series where the AOT Titans are fighting against the rule of Orochi. No idea when I’ll ever get to the sequel of Attack Titan & Super X vs Kumasogami vs Skullcrawler, but anyone feel free to write their own sequel.

Anyways, this match is really old, and the Super X was in the original match as only a cameo in the end to distract Orochi and let Eren escape. If you want to know how old, I think I originally finished it when the DBZA Broly Episode came out, and I referenced it in the match. So sometime in 2017, which was also when I wrote Gamera vs Everyone. Then I was told I could revise it when we got the Super X in the roster, and so I made a fight with the Super X and revised the match a lot from its more simpler version from years ago. The banner was also made around that time, and then revised later on to fit the Super X’s addition.

Wait, there was a DBZA Broly reference? Where? I completely missed it.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:46 am The new match was great! A nice start to a new universe with Orochi finally ending his little losing streak.
Although just a quick question. I'm kinda considering (still on the fence about it) writing a sequel or a match that just takes place in the same universe as this one, so I want to make sure of something. What kaiju and other characters are considered dead in this timeline?

Added in 52 seconds:
Nagoda wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:24 am
Spoiler:

Wait, there was a DBZA Broly reference? Where? I completely missed it.
I’ll send you a PM for Dead and Alive people.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

For an old match, this one holds up quite well! Once again, proof that a match can be dialogue-heavy and still be great.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Now that I think about it…I think I just figured something out.

But I’ll wait ‘till it happens to see if I’m right…

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsJason »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:55 am Now that I think about it…I think I just figured something out.

But I’ll wait ‘till it happens to see if I’m right…
Spill the beans.

52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!