Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
BalSac Johnson
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by BalSac Johnson »

It’s amazing how long this game has been out, that there’s no place in game to report the many cheaters and upload pics verifying the cheating. Maybe it’s just time for a new game

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:57 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:50 am Any advice on account recovery if I don't remember most of the questions they ask for? Am I just up a creek?
You're up a massive creek

Anyways, With the little time I have to post here due to major family drama, I'll give short, quick reviews on the new units.

EVA 02: Due to bugs in BEAST mode, it's a 7/10

EVA 00: Perfect for doing major damage: 9/10

EVA 08: Great for sniping down strong units, pistol mode is ok: 7.5/10

Zeruel: Sachiel on steroids: 10/10
Forget what I said about Zery, he has less health then Sachiel, his range is great, but that's it, he's got a 4/10 to me.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:16 pm Forget what I said about Zery, he has less health then Sachiel, his range is great, but that's it, he's got a 4/10 to me.
Not feeling Zeruel either, also stuns absolutely hard counter him. He gets so much as touched by stun before his attack animation is finished and he's a sitting duck. The death explosion also has a much more precise hitbox than Sachiel, it's pretty rare my units get hurt by it.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Zeruel just needs to roll up with a strong crew.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:20 pm Zeruel just needs to roll up with a strong crew.
But said strong crew is going to take a while, and Zeruel would just be wasting energy, I just run Sachiel instead, tankier, does more damage, and his self-destruct actually hits something.

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

Next season KIDS is going to have its cost reduced. What is now a 5-cost unit will become 4, maybe 3.

This... Is dumb. Burning Godzilla and 4th Angel have become the dynamic duo of the game lately, we are playing in the meta of explosions. And now with KIDS it's going to be easier than ever to throw them at the enemy leader while they can't do anything about it. Also, train bombs. A combo of Burning and 4th Angel exploding + a train bomb to the leader would typically be enough to wipe out around half of their health bar.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Carrerasaurus wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:31 am Next season KIDS is going to have its cost reduced. What is now a 5-cost unit will become 4, maybe 3.

This... Is dumb. Burning Godzilla and 4th Angel have become the dynamic duo of the game lately, we are playing in the meta of explosions. And now with KIDS it's going to be easier than ever to throw them at the enemy leader while they can't do anything about it. Also, train bombs. A combo of Burning and 4th Angel exploding + a train bomb to the leader would typically be enough to wipe out around half of their health bar.
no, it isn't dumb, it's been highly requested, and it's good that Toho finally acknowledged that, and if you're so upset about it, just use a dimension tide the second they teleprot there, and then use something like GMK.

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 1:55 pm just use a dimension tide the second they teleprot there, and then use something like GMK.
Easier said than done. My GMK is only level 1 and I am not going to sacrifice one of the precious eight slots for him, and Dimension Tide isn't going to be enough to completely avoid damage, we all know how big 4th Angel's explosion is.

Legendary Minya
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Minya »

Just because something is "highly requested" doesn't mean it's not stupid....and that sounds pretty stupid.

I just hope they add new Toho characters in soon; I couldn't care less about this "EVA" crap.
"HOW DO YA LIKE THAT, WEIRDO?!!?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah, Cam, that's kind of an L take lol. There's a lot of broken strats you can use with KIDS, including the 4th Angel/Burning Godzilla combo. Even using the 4 energy to dimension tide them away won't help much.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Well, the crossovers might not be ending anytime soon with the new Kamen Rider characters. I saw somebody say Showa Mechagodzilla is coming at some point? Can't verify. Him and Megalon are two of the biggest absentees.

I would adore a Gamera: Rebirth crossover though. Feels like a more natural crossover than the last couple, though I wonder how likely it actually is.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:21 am Well, the crossovers might not be ending anytime soon with the new Kamen Rider characters. I saw somebody say Showa Mechagodzilla is coming at some point? Can't verify. Him and Megalon are two of the biggest absentees.

I would adore a Gamera: Rebirth crossover though. Feels like a more natural crossover than the last couple, though I wonder how likely it actually is.
You're probably thinking of Sir Melee, he's the most popular GBL youtuber.

I would like a Gamer crossover in general as well.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:26 am
Shenanigans wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:21 am Well, the crossovers might not be ending anytime soon with the new Kamen Rider characters. I saw somebody say Showa Mechagodzilla is coming at some point? Can't verify. Him and Megalon are two of the biggest absentees.

You're probably thinking of Sir Melee, he's the most popular GBL youtuber.

I would like a Gamer crossover in general as well.
It was a comment on Facebook I saw this morning, I don't remember who. But was there confirmation of Showa MG somewhere? I didn't see anything on the Battle Line site or their social media.

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:49 am It was a comment on Facebook I saw this morning, I don't remember who. But was there confirmation of Showa MG somewhere? I didn't see anything on the Battle Line site or their social media.
We don't know exactly when MG will come, but we've already been able to take a look at his model. He was a statue in the XR World game. GMK Godzilla was teased to us more or less like this a while back, too.
Search for "sir melee mechagodzilla 1974" on Youtube, he shows a video of MG's statue.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Ok, I think the new three star (not going to say his name due to spoilers) is just another counter to G21, seriously, all these stun characters just make him obsolete, same goes with characters that drop as multiples.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:12 pm Ok, I think the new three star (not going to say his name due to spoilers) is just another counter to G21, seriously, all these stun characters just make him obsolete, same goes with characters that drop as multiples.
Swarms seriously can't catch a break! Every time a new unit is added, almost feels like they're made to keep swarm meta dead and buried. A shame, the time when swarms ran rampant was one of the most fun times I had with the game.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

GigaBowserG wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:44 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:12 pm Ok, I think the new three star (not going to say his name due to spoilers) is just another counter to G21, seriously, all these stun characters just make him obsolete, same goes with characters that drop as multiples.
Swarms seriously can't catch a break! Every time a new unit is added, almost feels like they're made to keep swarm meta dead and buried. A shame, the time when swarms ran rampant was one of the most fun times I had with the game.
Well you're lucky you were around when they where rampant, because now all they're used for are bots or blocking KC or Leo charges.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Carrerasaurus wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:22 pm
Shenanigans wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:49 am It was a comment on Facebook I saw this morning, I don't remember who. But was there confirmation of Showa MG somewhere? I didn't see anything on the Battle Line site or their social media.
We don't know exactly when MG will come, but we've already been able to take a look at his model. He was a statue in the XR World game. GMK Godzilla was teased to us more or less like this a while back, too.
Search for "sir melee mechagodzilla 1974" on Youtube, he shows a video of MG's statue.
Oh yeah, look at that, there he is.

Cool. I do hope they can add more Showa characters down the line as well. Megalon's been a popular choice for many games so his absence here has been noticeable for me (he was always a favorite of mine in the Atari trilogy). Maybe they'll add him for his 50th this year.

Pròiseilvenator
Yojimbo

Post by Pròiseilvenator »

I figured I'd chime in some thoughts here, since it's been a while.

Honestly, the back to back crossover has annoyed me. This is the first time since I started playing during Godzilla X Evangelion I that I haven't paid for the premium pass straight away. I just don't have any attachment to the Rider series, so this collab is missing the mark. The first crossover did help convince me to finally give the Evangelion anime another try, but I haven't watched the rebuild, so the newer units were somewhat lost on me.

I think one thing bothering me about this is that if I count crossover pieces (excluding Mothra Rebirth as crossovers), than 13/63 (~20%) are crossover. That seems like an awful lot when we still have plenty of Godzilla/Mothra specific monsters that can and should be implemented. Baragon, Megalon, Orga, and Ebirah come to mind as unannounced contenders. Not to mention the possibility of more Earth/Singular Point pieces or Mothra Leo forms/enemies. I know we don't need a million Godzillas, but I would still rather have millineum Godzilla than FinalGoji. Hell, there might be a case for Krystalak and Obsidus, and maybe even Bagan if were lucky. I'm grateful for the constant influx of new pieces, but I guess I just wish they'd take a break from the crossovers a bit.

As for content, I haven't been too bothered by the exploders. 10th angel definitely seems lackluster unleveled, so I've continued using 4th angel. He's pretty strong for his cost I'll admit, and his explosions wreak havoc on my enemies. I've had less issues with Burning Godzilla being used against me, though I can see the KIDS buff potentially being nasty.

I also firmly agree with the thoughts on swarms! I was so happy when GMK Goji dropped since he's my favorite incarnation and gave me an answer to Ghidorah finally. But he just eliminates swarms wholesale (I run small kamacurus + dorats), and seeing him deployed means 2 of my pieces are just never going to get played. 10th angel felt like a smack in the face, and the two new pieces seem adept at cutting through swarms like a weedeater through old grass. I do hope that maybe they'll consider toning this damage or splash down somewhat.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

10th Angel seems lackluster because he's a 3* and like 4th Angel, needs levels before he can really shine. I remember 4th Angel was laughably bad at like level 10, but once you get to level 20+ is when he gets ridiculous. I can see 10th Angel being in a similar boat, and his extendo-arms have near Super-X-like reach. Only time will tell how 10th Angel fits into the meta.

4th Angel definitely needs a nerf though. There's no real way to safely dispose of him without crippling your units in the process. Maybe reduce the blast radius, HP or increase cost? The only sure-fire way is Super-X and Ultima blowing him up before he gets too close, or Dimension Tiding him away then take him out with an Ultima or Super-X. The problem is that this hinges entirely on if you can get Terrestris to evolve, and assuming they don't just Kiryu/Moguera spam to take out your Super-X. Burning Godzilla isn't that big of an issue except on certain maps like New York where you can place him in the water at the bottom of your screen and let him "cook". His ray deals some considerable damage, but other than that he's managable.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns