Gamera Rebirth (NEW GAMERA 2023)

For the discussion of any Gamera related movies, comics, video games, etc.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Gamera Rebirth (NEW GAMERA 2023)

Post by Gigantis »

Well, Jiger seems.. colorful. :lol: Can't say I was expecting her to be straight up neon blue and violet, but it definitely makes her stand out!

Gamera's design also quelched the fears that he was a super dark shade of green. The one on the toy looks more akin to what I wanted. I feel like if he was too dark it'd almost look like he was copying Godzilla's charcoal grey. Gyaos also seems to have gotten a colorful makeover.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Reminds me of a Trendmasters color scheme, I dig it.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I really dig Jiger’s design. Shenanigans said that the head seems a bit too big for the body, but that’s always been the case with Jiger. It still retains most of its familiar elements, and honestly it’s a good update/modernization on a creature that’s 50+ years old. The color is an odd choice, but hey, it’s a unique color among Godzilla/Gamera does.

Not much to say about Gyaos, expect I also dig the color scheme. Honestly really excited to have these all lined up together. Glad I got some old Showa Gamera vinyls last year.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Gigantis wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:00 pm Well, Jiger seems.. colorful. :lol: Can't say I was expecting her to be straight up neon blue and violet, but it definitely makes her stand out!
I'm not expecting these toys to accurately reflect how they will appear in the show. Going by the poster alone, we can tell that Gyaos and Gamera aren't as bright as their toys suggest. Jiger will probably be a more subdued shade of purple and blue.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:05 pm Reminds me of a Trendmasters color scheme, I dig it.
Could've they used the Trendmasters figure as an inspiration? Also, anyone else think the parents of the 3 main characters could be involved in the plot somehow?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:22 pm I really dig Jiger’s design. Shenanigans said that the head seems a bit too big for the body, but that’s always been the case with Jiger. It still retains most of its familiar elements, and honestly it’s a good update/modernization on a creature that’s 50+ years old.
True, but I think in this case its more of the combination of a big head with that scrawny body.

Regardless, I like the design too, but I'm eager to see it in action to get a better feel for it. I wouldn't be surprised if Spuro is right in that the toy is a lot more colorful than the final design. As much as I like purple on Jiger, its a bit much here.

Now the REAL question is whether or not we'll see Baby Jigers again. I spy a stinger at the end of that tail...

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Has this been confirmed as a front shot of the 2015 Gamera?

Or is it just a fan model?

I'm not sure where the original poster got it from -

https://www.tumblr.com/chernobog13/7027 ... era-figure

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

From what I can find, the image is sourceless, so there's no telling, but the tip of the tail not being in view when it's curved on the maquette doesn't spell good things for it.

Kadokawa kept the 2015 design close to their chests to an absolutely obtuse degree, only allowing glimpses from the back and extremely awkward angles.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Gamera 99 is still my favorite design but I think this new guy is a close 2nd. Looking forward to the inevitable Xplus figure.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I, for one, welcome our new purple Jiger overlord.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Alright the stream for the Gamera starts in 54-ish minutes as of typing this out.

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Does anyone think Jiger might try to impregnate Gamera again like she did in the Showa era? It’s a creepy concept that could work well if updated properly. Maybe this season might end on a cliffhanger with just that happening?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I mean the stinger is there, so it’s a possibility. I imagine it’ll be less cartoonish with the kids going inside the body, and more like some exterior parasite/paralysis. Who knows.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
Definitely liking the monster animation, looks pretty good. The human artstyle and animation is a little iffy though.

Added in 9 minutes 35 seconds:
Last edited by Gojira2K on Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Can’t say I’m crazy about the human art style. I just don’t like 3D anime like this usually, but I’ll try to get used to it. Other than that it looks rly good, I’m excited!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Reminds me of the Godzilla trilogy but looks more fun. Intreasting so far.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I have a feeling we'll mostly be getting updated Showa Kaiju. I can get behind that. Also like how dynamic the monster action seems. Too bad they had to go with that stiff clunky animation for the human characters. It really lacks detail which is bizarre considering how detailed the Kaiju are.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:31 pm I have a feeling we'll mostly be getting updated Showa Kaiju. I can get behind that. Also like how dynamic the monster action seems. Too bad they had to go with that stiff clunky animation for the human characters. It really lacks detail which is bizarre considering how detailed the Kaiju are.
If I had to guess, I would say that the lac of detail on the human characters might be down to budgetary reasons maybe?
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

There seems to be a lot of talk about the appearance of human characters. The modellings of Kaiju are little bit iffy too.

The overall artsyle reminds me of Polygon Pictures. Especially Pacific Rim the Black. Actually I was a bit suprised that this one is not related with Polygon at all. Though this one seems to have much better action scenes and background arts than those works from Polygon.

Nevertheless, I'm just looking forward to this because... It's the new Gamera content! Jiger seems to be changed like Triceratops, and it looks really cool. I wonder what other monsters' design would be like. Guiron might be a very good entry if it is refined properly.