Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Re: Official Bandai (Japan) Thread 2.0

Post by CyberZilla »

JVM wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:47 am I forgot all about the price point on the new King Ghidorah, what is it?

4050 yen, or about 30 USD.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

CyberZilla wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:00 am
JVM wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:47 am I forgot all about the price point on the new King Ghidorah, what is it?

Are you sure?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:19 am
CyberZilla wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:00 am

Are you sure?
Per the listing on HLJ, yes.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

It's $36 USD but even dating back to the early MMS figures any KG figure was always a bit more due to it's overall volume not just height.

Idk I guess I'm the only one not bothered by the price
Last edited by Titanus_Rodan on Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I already purchased King Ghidorah at it's retail value at 4950 yen directly from the Godzilla Store. Similar Amazon listings confirm that price as well. That's its price. I don't know what is going on with HLJ, but I can confirm the normal listing is 4950 yen.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:29 pm I already purchased King Ghidorah at it's retail value at 4950 yen directly from the Godzilla Store. Similar Amazon listings confirm that price as well. That's its price. I don't know what is going on with HLJ, but I can confirm the normal listing is 4950 yen.
My b, g. Guess HLJ put it on a sale or something, because 4050 is the price I preordered mine at. apologies for the confusion.

Resized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

CyberZilla wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:22 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:29 pm I already purchased King Ghidorah at it's retail value at 4950 yen directly from the Godzilla Store. Similar Amazon listings confirm that price as well. That's its price. I don't know what is going on with HLJ, but I can confirm the normal listing is 4950 yen.
My b, g. Guess HLJ put it on a sale or something, because 4050 is the price I preordered mine at. apologies for the confusion.
You might actually be lucky, and maybe they made an error on their end. Maybe you did get it for sale. In that, case, congrats!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Looks like some more photos of the Shin Ultraman Bandai figures are popping up, courtesy of Japanese Twitter accounts. Pagos and Gomess look good (Gomess is big!) and the latter’s darker base coloring is a big improvement compared to Shin Godzilla. Peguila is a lot better than I expected as well- I’m looking forward to having that one.

Last edited by Creature22 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:03 am, edited 4 times in total.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

With the exception of the shade of black at the end of Gomess' tail not matching the rest of it, that figure looks great, can't wait to get mine, one of the most anticipated MMS releases for me personally so glad they didn't fuck it up

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I think that end part is a separate piece; some photos look better than others so I guess we’ll see when we have it in hand. The dark glossy black is miles better than the gray used on the 6” Godzilla though. It’s wild at how much the color can make a difference.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

That Shin Gomess looks sooooo cool

edit: I mean they all look good, but obviously I'm a freak for Shin stuff and Godzilla/Ultraman combos
Last edited by Jomei on Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Additional new photos of Ebirah and Ghidorah. I believe all of these are dropping this weekend.

Interesting that Bandai is using a black and white still for Ebirah’s tag, but admittedly I always loved that photo and think it adds to it. The figure looks great.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Didn't expect for Gomess to be this huge. Really wonder how I'm gonna put him on my shelf... still gonna get him as my last Shin Ultraman fig (though Pagos and Peguila look good, not a big fan of their designs tho).

King Gidorah looks impressive. there ain't no way I'm gonna pay $37+ for a vinyl though.
Also just noticed for Ebirah to be more expensive than Baragon. Kinda weird.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Shin Gomess may not be that big. Meflias and Zarab are relatively small figures. Pagos, like the Neronga and Gabora figures aren’t so tall, but are long. I wouldn’t be surprised if Shin Gomess is just Shin Godzilla’s size, if not slightly larger in statue due to the extra “added on details”. In any case, I agree with everyone it’s a lovely figure. I love the touch with the tail-mouth. It just makes me regret that Shin Gomess, and Peguila didn’t appear in the film for more than 5 seconds. They’re far too cool of designs to just be in the film for that long.

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

Peguila is absolutely ghastly, looks almost like a decomposing corpse or something. What a great redesign!
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

cicada.human
Yojimbo

Post by cicada.human »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:59 am Peguila is absolutely ghastly, looks almost like a decomposing corpse or something. What a great redesign!
I agree, I never thought I was going to see redesigned Ultra Q kaijus get their own Bandai figures.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:59 am Peguila is absolutely ghastly, looks almost like a decomposing corpse or something. What a great redesign!
Agreed. All the Shin Ultra Q designs looked great. “Ghastly” is a great way to describe Peguila, but I loved the skull-faced Pagos as well. You can definitely see the Anno/Evangelion influence in that one.

Here’s hoping Bandai completes the line with the other couple of monsters that appeared! I’d love to see an Ultra Action Figure of Zarab as well.
Last edited by Creature22 on Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I ended up cancelling my preorders in order to make room for an impulse Universal trip. Good thing I did, because HLJ apparently started charging people a day later. I'll have to wait a bit to get them, but seeing them in hand is so exciting. That Ghidorah is just beautiful. So nice to have a figure that does the sculpt justice, even if its too small. Ebirah looks great. I was going to sell my YMSF but I think Ill keep both.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:07 am I ended up cancelling my preorders in order to make room for an impulse Universal trip. Good thing I did, because HLJ apparently started charging people a day later. I'll have to wait a bit to get them, but seeing them in hand is so exciting. That Ghidorah is just beautiful. So nice to have a figure that does the sculpt justice, even if its too small. Ebirah looks great. I was going to sell my YMSF but I think Ill keep both.
I put a preorder in at the beginning of the month and not only is it not in my private warehouse but I didn't get charged yet either

Wow, I may or may not have gotten fucked over...

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Ebirah and Legion Soldier went to my HLJ private warehouse last night. Still waiting for Baragon and a couple other things to show up in the next few weeks before shipping.

One item I’m waiting on is a restock of MMS Legion mother. Really hope it arrives before my first items have to ship in about 30 more days.