SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendZilla
Sazer

Re: SP Season 2 Speculation Thread: Full Spoilers Ahead

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:41 pm Screw that. I sort of don't look forward to the day when everything is machine-based AI stuff. Even if the final product is cool, it'll leave a very sour taste in my mouth.
Why would it be any different than the transition from cel-painted animation to digital? Plus, rather than having AI do all the work per say, I'm thinking of having it be used in assisting, where humans will still be involved.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:53 am The ultimate Singular Point collectible is going up for preorder!

Well, I'll be skreeonking damned. :shock: :terrestris:
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:50 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:41 pm Screw that. I sort of don't look forward to the day when everything is machine-based AI stuff. Even if the final product is cool, it'll leave a very sour taste in my mouth.
Why would it be any different than the transition from cel-painted animation to digital? Plus, rather than having AI do all the work per say, I'm thinking of having it be used in assisting, where humans will still be involved.
Hmm, in that case I agree with you. I think it could be a powerful tool to assist artists and designers, making things. If it alleviates animation crunch (and not putting people out of work) I'd support that too.

Although I'm not one of them, there are people that argue that something was lost when we moved from Cel-painted animation to digital as well. I don't think there's any real answer to this sort of debate.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I'm betting 2024 for season 2. Godzilla vs Kong comes out in 2024, so ideally we'll have awesome Godzilla product from both sides of the pond in the same year again.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Just to ask: what company made that figure? Is it X-Plus?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:39 pm
StardustGenius wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:19 am Lots of factors decide whether something gets a sequel or not, also anime is expensive to make. Studio BONES is a very busy studio and any second season would have to had been able to fit within their busy schedule. This might take a few years, if we are even getting one.
One day they should try to utilize advanced AI in producing animation, which would cut costs a lot.
How about NO

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:16 pm Although I'm not one of them, there are people that argue that something was lost when we moved from Cel-painted animation to digital as well. I don't think there's any real answer to this sort of debate.
If anything, AI could be used to replicate the cel-painted look.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:39 pm
One day they should try to utilize advanced AI in producing animation, which would cut costs a lot.
I’m gonna say no to that one, chief. Not fond of the AI takeover of art just for the sake of “cutting costs.” Even if it does help produce animation, I don’t think it should take over from human animators and artists working directly on these projects. There’s a human touch that is needed that machines can’t replicate.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Any news for the Second season for Singular point?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:07 pm Any news for the Second season for Singular point?
None yet. Hopefully sometime in 2023 we will get some info.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I think all attention is focused on the Yamazaki film at the moment.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JessIAm
Samurai

Post by JessIAm »

CyberZilla wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:03 am
Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:47 am So like what are you’re guys thoughts, no sequel? I would’ve thought we’d have heard something by now, tbf the first season took a while to develop, but I would’ve guessed they’d have mentioned at least something about it.
I’ll give it a bit more time. I think they’ll wait to announce it. Lot of anime season 2’s that were anticipated take a while to even get announced.
Definitely hopeful for a second season. I think the Anime world (and the world in general) is catching up from Covid-19 worldwide disruption!

Anguirus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Anguirus »

I still would rather not have a second season, I thought the first felt like a complete story. Of course, I would still watch another season!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Anguirus wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:07 pm I still would rather not have a second season, I thought the first felt like a complete story. Of course, I would still watch another season!
Emotionally, and from the perspective of JJ, Yun, and Mei it does feel like a complete story. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't come back. However, with so many unresolved and teased elements, it feels like a lot is missing.

Random tangent, but it's funny how much Godzilla stuff we're waiting for news on. Waiting for the 2023 toho Film, waiting for news on the apple tv series, waiting for Godzilla SP season 2, waiting for something about Godzilla vs. Kong 2....

Someday the dam will break and we'll have so much news we won't know what to do with it!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.