Mondo Godzilla Collectibles

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Mondo Godzilla Collectibles

Post by canofhumdingers »

Which is why I refuse to buy any mondo products.

Not trying to start another debate about what’s fair, reasonable, entitlement, or any of that stuff. Just stating that I personally strongly dislike Mondo’s sales practices with their Godzilla figures. I dislike it so much that it’s soured me on the entire company to the point I refuse to buy or support any of their other products either.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:21 am Which is why I refuse to buy any mondo products.

Not trying to start another debate about what’s fair, reasonable, entitlement, or any of that stuff. Just stating that I personally strongly dislike Mondo’s sales practices with their Godzilla figures. I dislike it so much that it’s soured me on the entire company to the point I refuse to buy or support any of their other products either.
I don't like their 48-hour preorder windows for their figures, either. Seems like you're getting people to buy your stuff because they're afraid they'll miss out above any other reason.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Mondo is going the Hype-beast route in terms of release. It’s a nasty practice that so many businesses are doing now that all of us collectors, regardless of interest have fallen prey too.

Overpriced limited preorder windows plagued by scalpers and those starved for the product. Knowing damn well the resell on the conveniently sold out release will instantly triple. Thereby making them more money on the next product due to fear of not receiving one.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

DoubleDam21 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:10 am With Godzilla Mondo stuff if you don’t get it on that day and a couple hours if not minutes when it goes live you are SOL because the quantities are very limited.
True dat. When I bought my 1984 "Imperial variant" IIRC it sold out within six minutes, maybe less. I refreshed my screen near the top of the hour until the order window came up, immediately placed by order, and by the time the product page refreshed post-order, they were already sold out!

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:21 am Which is why I refuse to buy any mondo products.

I don't like it either but they have some cool stuff and they aren't the only ones with that type of sales practices. Seems like everyone is doing the limited quantities crap and using FOMO but again it is what it is now days which sucks.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:40 am I have to admit, as much as I love this guy I wish we got the one teased at designer con instead. I much prefer those colors
A post on youtube stated a new colorway of Biollante will drop this Tuesday, I think it may be the non-glitter lighter green designer con version mentioned above.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

That is definitely what it seems to be. If so, count me in.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 5:54 pm That is definitely what it seems to be. If so, count me in.
It's been confirmed on their Twitter. Best of luck!
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I just bought this beauty

And I was able to IMMEDAITELY sell my other Mondo bio, and to someone in the same state no less. Super exciting. This is the one I always wanted anyways, and I really thought that maybe it didn't make the cut for some reason. Super glad they decided to release it.

Now I just gotta get the Midnight Bloom version. Thankfully I do have someone who got one for me, just gotta find the cash to pay him with. But before that obviously I got a figure to buy from SpaceG92 thats my main priority.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Wow, the new biollante is already shipping and, apparently, is coming tomorrow. That was lightning fast. Makes me wonder if this one was supposed to be released with all of the others but wasn't for some reason.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Its been a long time coming

M92
Yojimbo

Post by M92 »

Mondo just up up its pre-orders for Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah (1991) and Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) Vinyl Soundtracks Exclusives. They look awesome!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Trendmasters Spacegodzilla Inbound on Tuesday 03/21

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

That's awesome. Outside my usual hobby budget for single items, but awesome nonetheless.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

(March 21st at 12pm CT), we're releasing the second colorway of our SpaceGodzilla Soft Vinyl ... the Trendy Variant.

$150. Limited Edition of 250. Expected to ship to US and Canada in July 2023. Payment plans available.
Last edited by Fermix on Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mkyuncle
Samurai

Post by Mkyuncle »

Wow!!! The SpaceGodzilla Soft Vinyl - Trendy Variant sold out in about 8 minutes! :Spacegodzilla: I got my pre-order in. I believe the SpaceGodzilla normal colorway lasted a couple of hours before it sold out, but it was a larger run. I guess the popularity of the colorway and size of run determines speed of sellout.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

"Trendy" variant? Can they not say "Trendmasters" or at the very least "Godzilla Wars"? Not that it really matters, but I'm curious.

I really wish more Spacegodzilla figures would use that color scheme though. Gorgeous as it is, $150 and an 8-minute window to nab it... I'll stick with the Trendmasters 10" Spacegodzilla. That big boy's one of Trendmasters' very best.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:48 am "Trendy" variant? Can they not say "Trendmasters" or at the very least "Godzilla Wars"? Not that it really matters, but I'm curious.

I really wish more Spacegodzilla figures would use that color scheme though. Gorgeous as it is, $150 and an 8-minute window to nab it... I'll stick with the Trendmasters 10" Spacegodzilla. That big boy's one of Trendmasters' very best.
Whenever Super7 gets around to making Spacegodzilla, a Trendmasters colourway seems like a no-brainer!

DoubleDam21
G-Grasper

Post by DoubleDam21 »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:48 am I really wish more Spacegodzilla figures would use that color scheme though. Gorgeous as it is, $150 and an 8-minute window to nab it... I'll stick with the Trendmasters 10" Spacegodzilla. That big boy's one of Trendmasters' very best.
Yeah I agree as much as I love the color scheme I don't need to spend nearly $200 on this. I was upset at first when I missed out but almost glad I did as it would have been a FOMO purchase.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Shenanigans wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:48 am "Trendy" variant? Can they not say "Trendmasters" or at the very least "Godzilla Wars"? Not that it really matters, but I'm curious.

They jokingly referred to it as the Trendy variant but ultimately said it was inspired by the Noriyoshi Ohrai poster for Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla