Superhero RPG

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Superhero RPG

Post by HayesAJones »

"My idea," Blind told Foxtrot as she started to lead the group into the meeting place proper. "Trust can be hard to give. I wanted to make it easier."

The look the older vigilante had given her had not gone unnoticed by the crimefighter, and paranoia tried to grip at her heart, searching for hidden meaning behind the action. She tried to keep herself calm though, as it was most likely simply due to her appearance. She was the only fully costumed person here, after all, and she was not yet well-known.

After a moment, the disguised woman spoke directly to Foxtrot, sounding a bit shy even through her voice modulator. "We haven't met yet, but... I'm familiar with your work. It's an honor."

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Foxtrot looked at Blind and responded with a grin. “Yeah? Thanks! I heard about you too, you know. Just that you’re new to this city.” She patted the chair next to her, inviting her to sit down. “Sorry for the shit welcome these past couple of days… things are getting bad here. Well, worse than usual.”
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Alice and Celine had not expected for a different vigilante to show up, but while Celine was confused as to who this person was, Alice recognized their appearance. It was hard not to when this was one of the vigilantes who had Tenmus's attention almost as much as Bloodless, but the why was what confused Alice. From what Heng had been able to tell her and from what records Tenmus had, Foxtrot wasn't the type of vigilante to act as judge, jury, and executioner, but rather simply someone who apparently was at odds with a more heavy handed application of the law. Though, perhaps that was simply all there was to it, Tenmus being irked by a presence she had no control over, though when Alice had prior asked her what specifically it was about Foxtrot, the mayor of Los Diamantes had refused to answer her, merely biting her lower lip and growling under her breath about anarchy.

Still, from what she could gather and see, this woman seemed to be on good terms with Durga and Blind. She offered Foxtrot a smile and a small bow. "So you're Foxtrot, I assume. I'm Puppeteer, the lady who runs the daycare here in Los Diamantes, and this is... What was your hero name again? You almost never use it. Was it Triple D's-"

"Curse Master." Celine jabbed an elbow into Alice's ribcage. "Whatever happened to never mentioning that name again?"

"Sorry, sorry. I just couldn't help it. Doesn't help that's how Seisshia refers to you over the phone all the time." Alice let out a nervous chuckle, before she looked back to Foxtrot and Blind. "Yeah, things have been getting real strange the past few days, and apparently much of it comes back to a certain company..."

Calllous shifted his gaze upward, past the window off to the moon that was starting to become visible in the sky. "Fancy name for a street." he mumbled to himself. After a deep breath, he looked back to Aileen. "That would be much appreciated. For now, the gift I promised you..."

He reached into a pocket and pulled out a necklace laced with emeralds, rubies and sapphires. At the front of the necklace was a large gold covered object in the shape of a serrated tooth. "This is for you, Aileen. A little something I crafted in my spare time, from pieces of my personal treasury, topped off with a supposed relic from the Golden Wheel incident. I believe this would look perfect on you."
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Briefly caught off-guard and taken aback by the sudden appearance of Foxtrot, Dhriti flashed the vigilante a smile, placing her hands on her hips.

"well, I can't say I expected to see you here, Foxtrot!" Dhriti replied. "Thanks for helping me out back there at Gentech, by the way. I probably would've been toast otherwise."

The Indian woman looked between Blind and Foxtrot. "You know, you two definitely have that same vibe and aesthetic... it's kind of uncanny. You guys could probably pass as part of some sort of team!"

"Excuse me?!" Somsak spat out in disgust. "Thirty to Seventy-five thousand? Fucking Christ, you think I'm made of money?!"

Somsak clicked his tongue in audible frustration. "Goddammit, Lu didn't mention anything about this... wolf bitch is trying to nickel and dime me out of a house at this rate..."
Color appeared on Aileen's cheeks as Callous handed her the gift. A... a gift? for her? She knew Callous appreciated her and all the work she had done for him... but to think he valued her enough to give her something this special, this valuable... it filled Aileen's heart with a desire that she knew she could not let Callous know about. Not now, at least.

"O-octavian..." Aileen stammered, hands folded together in front of her. "Y-you shouldn't have..." Extending her hand, she took the necklace from Callous, and placed it around her neck.

"Oh, it's beautiful..." aileen sighed, before she looked back up to Callous. "Thank you... no one's ever given me something like this before..."
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Ectoparasite nearly giggled out at the sight of Somsak nearly swallowing his cigarette. He just shrugged. "And that's why smoking can be bad for you!" Ectoparasite leaned back further into the bench, not even really looking at Somsak. "Jokes aside, yes. That is indeed my price. Not only will I have to produce a new type of weapon, it targets one of the more dangerous beings around in this place. Plus if I can get it to work correctly, you would be able to use it on others than Bloodless. Did you even look at my site?"

Ectoparasite sighed, facepalming. A pixelated wolf head soon flashed up on the screen. "Wait.. You know Lu?" Ectoparasite paused, tapping a finger against his helmet. "Hmm, Tell you what. I'll cut you a deal. Since you seem to be a friend of Lu's, I'll check in with her and whatnot. I'm willing to go down on the price slightly if you agree on a deal. You perform some sort of heist of... Let's say at least... Fifty thousand as the getaway take. I'll take majority take, but I'm willing to help you on it. You'll need to in on it too, I won't risking my life on my own, you feel me?"

Jonathan stood up, stretching his legs a bit with his back towards Somsak. "I'm only gonna offer this one time. If you agree, I'll start working on the prototype and keep you updated. You just need fill you your side of the deal in finding a place to rob, get in and out quickly. Once that's all settled, I'll allow you the weaponry and the rest of the cash I don't need. Again, don't know what the final amount will be. Could be less, could be higher than the fifty thousand." He turned around to face Somsak once more, a handshake displayed on the helmet.

"So what do you say? Wanna avenge those friends of yours?"
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Foxtrot smiled towards Alice. "Puppeteer, hey? The doll-controller, that's right! Nice to finally meet you! And you too, Curse; I heard you're new here too." She threw Celine a wink, forgetting for a moment that her goggles would hide that gesture.

She then gave Durga a grin. "Well, I wouldn't say 'no' to a partner in crime-stopping, but Blind and I only just met. Best to get to know each other before we form a team. But I'm sure The Fly will give us plenty of chances for that."
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

As the group rounded the corner, they would be met with the sight of Roadrunner leaning against a wall with his arms and legs crossed. The speedster quickly took note of the group and grinned.

"Well, what brings you fine lot here?" he said, eyeing the all-female group as they approached. Upon further examination, he recognized a familiar face in the form of The Puppeteer. Odd, as she never struck him as the type to go on late-night escapades, let alone with such a large party. Marina, however, was less than enthused to see one of "Los Diamante's most popular Heros". She grimaced and adopted an unimpressed look on her face, crossing her arms as the speedster approached.

"Alice! Fancy seeing you out and about? Ladies night out I presume?" he enquired. Marina proceeded to interject on Alice's behalf.

"No. Actually we're supposed to be meeting someone here. It wouldn't happen to be you, would it? God, I hope not" Marina said, mumbling the latter half.

Roadrunner caught her mumble but took it in stride with a grin on his face. The quip didn't bother him, he was big enough to where a few snide comments harmlessly bounced off of him. Besides, Roadrunner doesn't have haters, only fans in denial.

"No darling, actually I got a strange message on the teli from someone claiming to have info on the whole GenTech fiasco, and that ugly brute that attacked the campus!" replied Roadrunner.

Being called "darling" by this asshole made Marina want to gag. Adding to her revulsion was the comment about the "ugly brute", referring to Franklin. Before she snap at Roadrunner and inundate him with the details surrounding Franklin's fate, the sound of approaching footsteps caught their attention. Looking in the direction of the sound, they would see the silhouette of a man emerging from the fog-choked depths of the alleyway, walking with an almost relaxed and casual demeanor. Soon, the figure revealed himself to be an individual clad in tactical gear one would expect to see on a soldier, but colored in all black. On his arms and legs were the struts and servos of an exoskeleton not unlike those Marina had seen on the mercenaries back at DRU. This one seemed older and clunkier, however. It also had all sorts of modifications done to it, some rather crude. Perhaps the most notable feature of this man was the horrific rubber mask he wore that looked like a human face in the process of mutating into a insect covered in melted cheese. The face melted into a sort of probiscis that ended in some kind of air filter like one would find on a gas mask, and the faint sounds of breathing could be heard. The reflective eyes of the mask shone an iridescent color, shifting from black, to purple, to red much like one would see on a fly.

"I'm glad you were all able to make it" the man said through a modulated voice. He pointed to a small patch on his chest bearing the all too familiar fly character the group had all seen by now.

"I've contacted every one of you, directly or indirectly, for a special purpose. We're going to take down GenTech and stop their inhuman experiments once and for all" He said, before turning to Marina in particular.

"And if we can, we'll save Franklin" he added.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Celine found herself wondering if she was actually new to the city. It was true, she had only been here for half a year, yet it seemed so much longer than that. Perhaps it was having to deal with Seisshia's antics and Damien's attitude on such a regular basis that made the days and weeks stretch on for so long. How Pius was able to handle them and also handle Octavian being so inconsistent with his religious duties, she had no clue. It required the patience of a saint to be around such eccentric people, and Celine would be the first to admit that while she was much more patient than she had been before she had come to Los Diamantes, she was still no saint, and old habits were hard for her to peel away.

Alice meanwhile simply kept her smile as more and more people showed up. She had never imagined herself being so recognizable with many of the supers in the city with her spending more time running the daycare than anything, though with Roadrunner, it was to be expected. They had met before, when Heng had insisted on inviting him in to the daycare as a special guest for the children to speak with and get to know, but, as Zenogia so eloquently put it, that had been an "omega tier mistake", given Roadrunner's mannerisms and how inappropriate those were for such a young audience. Still, he was a face she knew meant well, and if he said he had been invited by their shared contact, he was clearly one they could trust. She was about to correct Roadrunner on the purpose of their being there, when Marina answered for her, and then a man showed up, claiming to be the one who had contacted them all. The exosuit he was in put her on edge, though. The gunmen who had shot Sierra and provoked Franklin and Bloodless had been in similar suits. Was this someone affiliated with those people? With GenTech, if he was telling the truth?

To her relief, Celine was on the same page. "That suit you have on, there were some assholes who caused the entire University incident who wore suits kinda like yours, but more modern." Her eyebrows furrowed as she tapped a finger on her elbow. "You're name is The Fly, right? Are you related to the gunmen who caused everything at the University to go to shit?"

"You mention GenTech and their inhuman experiments..." Alice was quick to say to the man. "Was what happened to Franklin their doing? And the illegal modified weapons being sold around the city by Viola...?"

Octavian smirked. "It suits you well, perfect jewelry for a perfect woman. Now, go get some rest, you deserve it. I can't be having you be overexerted and suffering migraines at the worst possible moment if something goes tits up."
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti's expression became scrunched into a grimace at Roadrunner's comments. Ugh, now she was remembering why she would avoid going out for fun late at night; SO many creeps would come out of the woodworks once the sun went down. Even for someone like her, who dealt with criminals and weirdos on a semi-regular basis, getting catcalled was something that made her skin crawl. Given the reaction of Marina, it was exceedingly clear that she wasn't the only one who felt that way about this whole encounter, though at the very least, from how he was talking, it sounded like they were all of the same side.

Before she could make any comment to Roadrunner, however, she was interrupted by the arrival of this new costumed vigilante. His outfit was pretty similar aesthetically to some sort of armored jumpsuit, not too unlike what Foxtrot was wearing, though it seemed to be quite a bit more high tech than what she was equipped with. as the mysterious visitor spoke, Dhriti thought back to what she had seen back in GenTech's facility, the destruction that had unfolded there.

"Inhuman experiments?" Dhriti asked, before she looked toward Marina. Her mind raced for a moment. Dhriti's eyes widened, before she looked back towards the new arrival. "Wait, so that destruction at GenTech... those burn marks there... holy shit it's all starting to make sense now..."

She turned back to Marina. "And you, this 'Frank'... you don't think... he caused all that, did he?"

Somsak pushed himself to his feet and looked Ectoparasite eye to eye... well, as much as he could with his soon to be ally, given his thick helmet. "I can work with that. I do the snatch and grab, you do the technical shit i suck at. Seems like a good deal to White Claw." He extended a hand out to Ectoparasite. "Let's make that vampire cunt pay."

Though she knew she would need to rest, Aileen's heart and mind were racing uncontrollably. to think that Callous would finally acknowledge her as more than just a colleague or worker, but give her something so precious... it was more than anything she could have ever dreamed possible. but she knew she couldn't act on those feelings too soon; professionalism and action mattered more than how she felt. And there was still much to be done in this human rat fill shithole of a town...
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

"The men who attacked you were members of GenTech's mercenary arm, led by Captain Thomas Kruger. Given that you're here and not dead, I'm assuming you've dealt with them. Good riddance" Vespid replied to Celine, avoiding answering the question as to whether he had a link to the mercenaries or not. No, all that was behind him now. However he needed the group to trust him, and mentioning a past with GenTech would put them on edge. Shifting his focus to Alice, he began to lay out the details surrounding GenTech and Franklin.

"Franklin is the fruit of GenTech's "Project Hades", aimed at creating man-made Supers for them to use. Unfortunately for them, and for Franklin, things clearly didn't go according to plan, and thus this is the situation we find ourselves in. Make no mistake, Franklin is still alive out there and he WILL be back, stronger and more dangerous than before. As for the modified weapons, they're GenTech's doing as well. Most of them are prototypes that they're "field testing" by allowing them to be distributed to the scum of the city. There's no markings or any identifying information on the weapons, making them impossible to trace back to GenTech. However, shipping manifests I obtained tell the whole story." he finished.

As Marina listened, Dhitiri's question directed at her made her shift her attention and she nodded softly.

"I guess so, but you have to believe me when I say this isn't like him. Whatever GenTech did to him is causing him to act like this!" she said.

Roadrunner didn't know what to make of this new information. He always assumed GenTech was your typical sleazy corporation, but he had no idea it went this far. Certainly not to the extent of turning people into literal monsters.

"Good god, man-made Supers?" He thought to himself.

An army of mass-produced superhumans would be lucrative for GenTech, either for military contracts or for their own nefarious ends.
ImageImage

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Blind, who had listened silently throughout Vespid's explanation, cleared her throat and spoke up. "It's good to finally meet you in person. So... it's The Fly then?"

The costumed vigilante raised a knuckle to her mask, and looked down in mild embarrassment. "I... had always called you Bee. It was cuter."

"Many of you won't know me," she continued, now addressing everyone. "I haven't been active long, but... I want to help, and I agree with B- The Fly. GenTech has to be stopped, and Franklin needs to be saved. Fly, did you have any records of what was done to him? I'd like to look them over if so. I'm... good with patterns. I could try to reverse-engineer something."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Alice visibly winced as she listened to what the man was saying. So Heng's hunch was right, Viola's weapons were indeed from GenTech. And what had happened to Franklin was also part of their design. She felt a mixture of confusion and anger rise up in her. To so recklessly endanger and manipulate the lives of others for personal gain, it made her sick to think about. What gave them the right to do such things, to treat people as experiments and allow dangerous weapons both mechanical and biological to threaten the lives of those who lived in this city? Whoever were the people running GenTech authorizing for such things to happen... They needed to be stopped before this got any worse.

As she was about to ask Blind why she thought he was called The Bee, she heard Celine's voice in her mind. The red head's eyes were focused on her and not on any of the others as the mental message was received: "He ignored the question I asked. This guy's almost as fishy as an emerald eyed rat, but it's clear he isn't going to spill any further connection between him and GenTech, and we don't have any other good leads. I swear to fucking god if this is a trap-"

"I do have a lead I am working on. Father Pius gave me his address, a guy named Valdis Hooper, who oversees material shipments for GenTech and other companies. I have no clue how easy it will be to contact him, so for now..." Alice returned the messaging spell with one of her own. "Wait, he said Franklin is alive and.. more dangerous, didn't he?"

Celine finally took her eyes off of Alice and let out a sigh. Her gaze was fixated back onto Blind and The Fly. "So they're making their own homegrown supers, and despite getting into a fight against both Bloodless and an attack helicoptor, Franklin's alive, you say?" She asked The Fly. How exactly do you know this? And do you happen to know a cure to what GenTech did to him? Or, perhaps how to stop GenTech from going any further?"

If Vinnie had expected for the group chat to not be in an uproar so loud that his ears would hurt the moment he hopped in, he was sorely mistaken.

"FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! THAT'S NOT FAIR! FUCK YOU!"

"It's all skill, Racliff, and you never had any skill."

"Go to hell, Trident. You stole my star by pure randomness! That's not luck, that's bullshit!"

"That's just the name of the game, 40% skill and 60% luck I guess."

"Which according to Gumps here, you have none of."

"I swear if you steal another star from me or any of my coins I am dropping your poisoned carcass into the ocean!"

"I dare you to try, sewer boy. I live down here."

"G-guys, no need to be at each other's throats-"

"Shut the fuck up, Gumps. You wanted to play this crappy ass game, you know it does this to me EVERY FUCKING GODFORSAKEN TIME! Are we CERTAIN this game isn't programmed to spite me- OH GODDAMN IT!"

"While you boys keep biting at each other, I'll just take five stars for myself." Hoodie's voice held an air of smug authority in it, which immediately faded with a gasp. "Vinnie! You're back! I was getting annoyed with all the screaming these three chimpanzees were doing."

"Calling Racliff a chimpanzee is an insult to chimpanzees." Trident huffed. "He's a rat, with the intelligence and skill of a -------- baby rat."

"You keep saying that, yet you never want to play a game with actual fucking skill!" Racliff snapped back. " 'Oh look at me, I'm Trident, I'm a fucking fish who can't play anything with actual skill worth for crap.' Shut the fuck up- NO I NEEDED THAT!"

"Bitch me out, and I'll steal your triple dice block. And who cares if Vinnie's back. He can't play this game. It's already four people. Well, two people, a useless sack of shit, and a dying rat over here."

"Hey, what did I do to deserve that?" Gumps whined.

"You were born. You are inferior to me, and I- HOW THE ABSOLUTE FUCK DID YOU GET THAT HIDDEN BLOCK?! ANOTHER STAR?!?!"

"This cheating bitch over here, she's hacking the game, and she has it pau-"

"BOTH OF YOU PLUCKED DODOS, SHUT UP!" Hoodie's voice snarled through Vinnie's headphones, her voice in that moment notably deeper and colder than it normally was. "It is rude to not say hi to someone when they show up in the chat! Were all three of you raised in a barn?! Have none of you any manners?"

"Well technically I was raised in a pala-"

"No one cares about the wise ass remarks, Trident. And I am not unpausing until all three of you say hi to Vinnie. Yes he is still new to this group, but that is no reason to ignore him or to brush him off!"

Vinnie nervously chuckled as he scratched the back of his head. "Hoodie, there's no need to-"

"There absolutely is a need, Vinnie." Hoodie's voice softened back to where it usually was.

"Imagine needing to validate the little helium voiced brat... Fucking fine." Trident grumbled. "Hello, Vinnie." He said it with notable disdain and venom in his voice, before gaging. "Jeez..."

"Sorry Vinnie." Gumps said. "I could barely hear Hoodie say you were here over Racliff and Trident arguing."

"Yo kid." Racliff said after several deep sighs. "Sorry about that. Blood's boiling because of this fucking game I swear to god and Trident over here being a douchebag."

"Okay yeah I'm a prick and I don't care. Can we get the game unpaused now? Maybe once we're done with this we can get back to that stupid Fate and Phantasms boss that's been cucking us this week."

"Y-yeah." Vinnie forced himself to say. He failed to notice Kala's bedroom door open up and her shadowy form slither out of the house and into the darkness. "I know how to beat that boss now. I just needed some time to think and make sure it made sense and was doable. I was also busy today."

"The university incident I hear? Damn, imagine some helium voiced brat causing such a huge sti- HOW DID YOU OUTMASH ME HOODIE?! I WON THAT GAME!"

Hoodie's laughter filled the earphones Vinnie was wearing. "What was it you said to Racliff? It's all skill and you don't have any?"

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Foxtrot, who had given Roadrunner and Vespid a welcoming smile when they arrived, appeared to notice Durga's discomfort with the speedster. In the time that Vespid had given the group the rundown on GenTech's nefarious deeds, Foxtrot had subtlety placed herself between Durga and Roadrunner, keeping within arm's reach of the shorter woman in an effort to provide her some measure of security.

Through the green lenses of her goggles, she also studied Marina. Amid everything that GenTech had done to this city and its people, it was this; the breaking apart of two lovers, that broke Foxtrot's heart the most. Franklin, Marina, the evil that GenTech had wrought upon unsuspecting people... it all reminded her painfully of her own troubled past with Saberdex. She hadn't been strong enough to save Jenna. She hadn't been fast enough to save Jenna. But maybe, if they worked together as a team, Franklin could still be saved from this terrible fate.

"We need an antidote for Franklin," Foxtrot said, turning her attention to Vespid. "He's as much a victim as anyone else in this city. Blind says she might be able to reverse engineer something. That's a start. It's also possible there's some sort of fail-safe GenTech had on hand in case of the worst. It could be worth it to take a look around GenTech for anything we can find. Have any places you want us to start looking, Fly?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Somewhere on the beaches of Los Diamantes, a hulking mass of flesh lay sprawled out on the sand. A pool of blood mixed with a glowing orange substance surrounded it, and it already began to attract the attention of scavengers like raccoons and the occasional seagull. The air was eerily silent, all except for the periodic splashing of the waves against this hulking corpse. What lay on the beach broken and apparently dead is what remained of Franklin Ferri, the man unwillingly turned monster. His body was still riddled with numerous holes from the attack helicopter's powerful vulcan cannon, and some of them had already been occupied by scavenging insects. In fact, the body seemed to be in even worse shape than when it had been shot; the skin appeared to be melting and sloughing off in some areas as though it were rapidly decomposing. Such rapid deterioration could not simply be attributed to natural decomposition or because it had been floating at sea for hours. Regardless, the powers that be as well as the heroes of the city had assumed the worst was over, that the dragon had been slain. However the worst had yet to come....

A seagull landed by the creature's head and began pecking at the open eyeball, still frozen in an expression of fear and anguish. The bird found its snack tougher than it had expected, and vigorously pecked at the eye when suddenly, there was a faint flicker within the pupil. The bird tilted its head curiously at the phenomena, when the eye rolled in its socket and stared right at the scavenger. The faint flicker in the eye soon spread like a wildfire, consuming it until the entire eye was glowing bright orange. The creature suddenly sat up and screamed a blood curdling cacophony of sounds as its body violently twitched and convulsed. This sudden activity scared away the animals thought they were feeding on a corpse, however a few were caught in the monster's grasp and swallowed whole. Immediately, the deterioration began to reverse itself as fresh biomass was introduced into the monster's body, however something else was occurring at the same time. Veins and arteries pulsed bright red, flesh began to bubble, and steam began to rise from the monster's skin as the convulsions became violent thrashing.

As it writhed, its body began to increase in size, muscle groups expanding, limbs lengthening and its skeleton growing as the transformation progressed. Excess tissue began to peel and tear as new flesh began to form and push its way from underneath, like a lizard shedding its skin. Large patches of reptilian skin spread across its body, some a greenish-brown while others remaining a rosy-tan like flesh. A cluster of sharp spines erupted from the right shoulder and soon became a row that traveled down the arm and stopped at the elbow. Segmented growths spread down the left shoulder and all the way down to the wrist. Four jagged bone plates erupted from an expanding fissure on the abomination's back, resembling the dorsal plates of some ancient reptile. The sides of the jaw split off from the rest into a pair of pointed mandibles, and the rest of the lower jaw grew viscious sharp teeth. Rows of quill-like spines sprouted from the monster's back that ran from the base of the head all the way down to the lower back. Finally, a huge, crustacean-like arm sprouted from the right shoulder blade ending in a snapping claw. It finally regained enough control to right itself on all fours and panted heavily, as the last bits of excess tissue fell off of it's new body.

The creature panted with increasing intensity, slowly standing on its two legs and roaring up into the night sky; it's eyes and veins visibly glowing beneath its armored skin. The intense heat given off by renewed nuclear reactions in the monster's body caused parts of its skin to steam and give off tremendous heat. The creature continued to roar, signaling to the world that it had been reborn. However only one individual would be able to truly grasp the scope of this rebirth.

=========================================================================================================================================================================

"Please, call me Vespid" Brody said, correcting those who called him "The Fly" or "The Bee", though he supposed "The Bee" wasn't too far off.

"As for Franklin, I was able to tap into the campus security cameras sometime after the chaos had subsided, specifically to review the fight between him and Bloodless. He displayed remarkable adaptive and regenerative properties. Any kind of damage Bloodless inflicted on him was immedia-" Brody was cut off by Marina, who suddenly screamed in agony and dropped to her knees with a palm on her forehead.

She gritted her teeth so hard from the pain that they felt like they were going to shatter. Images flashed before her eyes; fire, cells dividing, something enormous roaring up at the moon. She also felt rage, hunger and vengeance emanating from whatever was broadcasting this signal that her psionic abilities had detected. The pain was so intense now that she clutched her head with both hands and screamed again, it felt like someone was pouring acid inside her skull. Just then, intermixed with all the hatred and rage, she felt him: she felt Franklin's presence crying out for help. He was alone and afraid. He was calling out to her specifically, desperate for help. He wasn't psionic like Marina was, so how was he able to reach her?? Then just like that, his presence was smothered, snuffed out like the flame of a candle. Finally, the excruciating pain stopped and she fell over onto her back gasping, tears forming in her eyes. She took a moment to collect her thoughts and catch her breath, then slowly got back on her feet and leaned against an abandoned car in the alleyway. Her head still pounded, but it felt more like a migraine than the violent jackhammering to the brain she felt just moments ago.

"You....you were right. Franklin...is...alive. I felt him...just now. But there was something else...something horrible. Something is in there...with Frank. Its hungry...and it's angry" she said, with extra emphasis on "angry".

"He's trapped...in there with that thing. I think that's why I can feel both of them..." Marina said through labored panting, looking up at the group.
ImageImage

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

"Most excellent, friend!" Ectoparasite shook Somsak's hand, a smiley face flashing onto the helmet. "Anyone who is friends with Lu is sure to be a good customer for me!"

After the quick handshake, Ectoparasite was the first to let go. He pointed at White Claw. "I'll open up a chatroom on my site so we can have quicker communications. I'll start working on the prototype today. Feel free to message me if you need any help with that heist." A hand waving flashed onto the screen. "I believe the discussions are over! Have a great night!" Ectoparasite clicked his heels once, his jet boots already carrying him off the ground. "See you around!" Within just a few seconds, Somsak saw Ecto fly off towards the city, quickly disappearing into the bright lights.

Jonathan grumbled to himself as he began to head back to his lair. He had to message Lu just to confirm that White Claw truly knew her. After making a quick stop on a rooftop, he pulled out his phone and began to text the contact "LuLu".
Hey, you wouldn't have happened to send a lost cat my way have you? He seemed clueless.
With the quick text out of the way, he took off once again.
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Dhriti was overwhelmed with the sheer quantity of information that she was getting hammered with at this point. Anger and disgust filled her heart at the thought of what GenTech had to have done to that poor guy to turn him into something capable of... that. The level of destruction she saw at GenTech was simply indescribable in scale, and yet, the creature... no, the victim... who had perpetrated the attack was an innocent, a person warped into some unspeakable entity for the sake of study... it sickened Dhriti to her very core. And Viola... she vaguely recognized that name. She wasn't quite sure where to be honest, but the mention of illegal weapons gave her a feeling that those criminals she and the black knight had met may have been connected to this 'Viola' in some way.

"So I don't have any real leads on GenTech itself to be honest, but yesterday, I'd had an encounter with some thugs carrying some wier-"

Before Dhriti could state her piece, however, her concentration was shattered by the voice of Marina crying out, as something invisibly assailed her mind. Dhriti moved past Foxtrot to try and comfort her. Dhriti's eyes widened as she heard Marina's next few sentences.

"Tr... trapped? So you talk to that thing mentally?" Dhriti paused for a moment, feeling her pulse racing as she thought of something. "If you can... do you know what its next plan is? L-like if it has a target it's aiming for? Something so we can try to keep it from hurting anyone else..."
Somsak offered Ecto a smirk and a wave, watching as Ectoparasite flew off into the night, vanishing completely from sight. Well that went much better than he had initially figured it would. After that opener, Somsak thought he was gonna have to just leave empty-handed and figure out a way to deal with Bloodless by himself - a prospect which genuinely terrified him. But with Ectoparasite on his side, Somsak knew he was in the clear... for now at least.

Pulling out his phone, Somsak quickly typed out a message to Lu.
Thank u for the help. ecto n i r gonna kill that bitch after i do a job for him.
Lighting up another cigarette with a flick of his claws, the cat-like super went on his way down the street, back towards his apartment. If he was lucky, maybe he could find something worth snatching up before he went home as a little treat for himself...
Heavy footfalls stepped into the wash near the currently silent university, only the quiet rush of water remaining nearby to give Cocytus company in his journey through the water-logged tunnels. Azure eyes scanned the darkness intently, looking for something, anything, any sign of what had occurred and where that entity may have left to. Summoning his hefty axe, Cocytus continued through the wash, his armored greaves splashing loudly with each heavy step.

Besides obvious signs of blood staining the nearby walls, which seemed to travel down the length of the wash and into the nearby ocean, there was nothing in here - no leads, no signs of movement, not even a piece of the creature to have examined or destroyed. Cocytus let out an irritated grunt, before he heard a voice chuckle in the back of his mind.

You should have checked when the sun was out, the voice hissed in his mind. Cocytus growled to himself, before his eyes shifted towards the water beneath his feet, where a crimson-skinned demon appeared once more before him.

You missed your chance. Your quarry has long vanished. It's probably already out at sea, the demon chuckled.

I'll find a new opportunity, Cocytus replied mentally, as he began to make his way out of the wash, I doubt whatever caused this is dead. No; I think it's far from over.

Then that means whatever it is is far stronger than anything you've ever faced before, the demon stated matter-of-factly. If push comes to shove... do you have what it takes to destroy the creature? Will you make use of all your tools, or die a fool?

I suppose I will find out when the time comes, Cocytus grunted, audibly annoyed, before he leapt out of the wash, heading back toward his home...
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"Doctor Helper has a sample from what Franklin turned into. With any luck, she'll be able to find a cure for what Fran-"

Alice stopped as Marina began to scream in pain. "M-Marina! Are you-" Alice began to move to her side to help her, but stopped and listened. A connecting to Franklin... Marina was able to tell Franklin was still alive, calling for help within the depths of the monstrosity he had been transformed into. The good news what that Franklin was still alive, yet the bad was... He certainly was no longer in control of his own body, his own actions. This was dangerous, especially given what she had heard that thing had been doing in its battle against Bloodless. Adapting to her blows, she had been told. Learning, gaining strength...

"If it's hungry and angry, it is likely to prioritize the cause of its anger while searching for whatever to eat, and any civilians in its way are at risk." Alice said. "I need to tell Tenmus to keep the city on high alert and make sure there's as few civilians as possible in the path of that thing."

"If she sics another attack chopper on it and pisses it off further, that won't do anyone any good." Celine was quick to remind her. "This requires a much more precise and delicate hand than what The Crane usually throws at problems... And if that thing is pissed off, then is it more pissed at either the attack chopper or..."

"Bloodless." Alice felt a cold wave of fear wash over her. "If she isn't killing people directly, she's killing people indirectly with her actions! If it does beeline after her..."

She shook her head. Trying to track down Bloodless was like finding the one demon infected hyena in an entire population before it exploded into a Gnoll. Many had tried and failed to put the murderous vigilante to justice, but each and every time she had slipped away without any sort of trail. How were they to figure out where Bloodless was and get to her before the thing did? And that was even assuming Franklin would beeline to her and not just toward the nearest source of food. But then, what if Bloodless were to beeline toward Franklin to finish the job? No matter what, it was a situation that had to be stopped before things completely spiraled out of control.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Having tensed at Marina's outburst, grimacing in acute sympathy under her mask- she hated seeing pain, because she always instantly imagined if it were her own, a destructive reflex of hers since childhood- Blind steels herself with a quiet, deep breath, then kneels by the esper.

"Do you think he- it, the thing Franklin is trapped in- can feel you too? If it can track you somehow... then we need to move you somewhere safe, away from dense populations."

Twin buzzes woke Lupastra with a small start. The wolf-headed giantess was slouched deep into her sofa, her feet kicked up and her smartphone nuzzled into her neck. Her ears flicked in confusion, and it took her a moment to realize she must have fallen asleep after decoding Viola's encryption. The burglar began to grumble to herself- she hated being groggy in the evening- but quickly noticed there was a thermos on the end table next to her, one she had not put there. She smiled. Warm coffee from Miles.

Fishing her phone from her shirt as it tried its best to slip into her bra, Lu glanced at the messages she had gotten; one from an "E" and one from "cat boi maid lol."

Snickering to herself, she answered Ectoparasite first.
yea lol. hes actually an ex because i guess i used to hate myself. miles was a huge upgrade right?
After ending the message with a heart emoji and tapping send, she responded to Somsak.
thank me after shes dead and were not. and gotcha. want me to deal with viola then? i can see what she has and ask about possible bounties or support. a lot of us have to want her dead right?

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Foxtrot, who had followed Dhitri and Blind to comfort Marina, watched and listened for a moment as she considered Marina's words. The pain that Marina was experiencing seemed to be psychic in nature; something that Foxtrot had little experience dealing with. She had no idea how such pain could be treated. Contemporary medicine surely couldn't be enough.

"I agree with Blind," Foxtrot nodded. "I know you might not want to hear this, Marina, but we can't rule out the possibility that the... thing that's controlling Frank's body might try to come after you. Getting you somewhere remote could save lives."

She placed her hand on her hips, then turned the piercing gaze of her goggles towards Celine. "I don't like Tenmus at the best of times, but the extra manpower will be needed to evacuate the area around Franklin while we focus on ending this. I have a friend in the police force who might be able to help. Marina... can you get any sense of where Franklin is, or where he might target next?"

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Marina suddenly stood up, her face twisted into a scowl.

"What, and just abandon him?? When he needs me most?? No fucking way. I am STAYING here and seeing this through 'till the end. I promised him that I'd fix this and I intend to follow through with that promise!" She said, raising her voice.

She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes, placing a hand on her forehead as she recollected herself.

"I...I'm sorry. I can't just run and hide while he's suffering like this. I NEED to try to help him. I love him with all my heart and it's killing me knowing he's out there suffering." she said earnestly through begging eyes.

Brody listened as Marina stood her ground and refused to stand idly by. The girl has guts and determination for sure, maybe even to a fault. Unlike the others, he hadn't moved a muscle when she doubled over in pain, not wanting to make any sudden moves. He was still a stranger to these people, and he could tell through the body language of some that they still weren't sold on his proposal. To ease the tension a bit, he determined that perhaps unmasking would put them at ease, Brody reached behind his mask and slowly pulled it off, revealing his true appearance.

He was a man in his early fifties with trimmed, greying black hair and a salt-and-pepper beard shaved nearly to the skin. He focused his steely, grey-blue eyes on the group and took a deep breath before speaking.

"Marina, your drive to help your boyfriend is admirable, and synthesizing a cure may be in the cards. However we should also consider secondary options as well as potentially a last-resort." Brody said, shifting his gaze to Foxtrot.

"...which is where you and I come in. We're going to infiltrate the GenTech building and retrieve a special compound they made as a fail-safe. Along with any other incriminating evidence to use against the company later, retrieving this compound is of the utmost importance. It's a molecular acid specifically designed to destroy organic matter." Upon uttering that phrase, Brody knew he only had a split second to address the lethal nature of the compound before Marina would inevitably offer resistance.

"We'll ONLY use it as an absolute last resort. I agree with the others that finding a cure while minimizing the damage he may cause should be the priority. However we cannot afford to be unprepared for a worst case scenario." He finished.
ImageImage