K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:50 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:04 pm I'm unfortunately way behind in terms of Ultraman lore, so I need to ask:

Can Ultras swim/"fly" through water? Or would water hinder them in any way?
I don't recall water ever hindering an Ultra. There's tons of episodes where they fight a foe in bodies of water from knee-deep to completely submerged and it didn't hurt them at all. And in Ultraseven's case specifically, it's been stated that swimming is his hobby.
KaijuX wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:21 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:04 pm I'm unfortunately way behind in terms of Ultraman lore, so I need to ask:

Can Ultras swim/"fly" through water? Or would water hinder them in any way?
There is no opposition to that as far as I'm aware. Definitely not the most ridiculous feat of an Ultra. ;)

All I needed. Thanks, guys.👍
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Can we use any anime distributed by Toho as a setting or are we limited to a select few for now?
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Moth wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:46 pm Can we use any anime distributed by Toho as a setting or are we limited to a select few for now?
Generally speaking, that's fine. It's more important that it's written well and especially compelling if it's an unusual setting.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

For future reference: because of how borderline identical they are, Shin Ultraman can be portrayed as merging with Shin Hayata just like his original incarnation, right?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:16 pm For future reference: because of how borderline identical they are, Shin Ultraman can be portrayed as merging with Shin Hayata just like his original incarnation, right?
Piece of me wants to say yes, but still keep some of the minor differences into account. Especially if you plan on describing Ultraman's homeworld.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:16 pm For future reference: because of how borderline identical they are, Shin Ultraman can be portrayed as merging with Shin Hayata just like his original incarnation, right?
Yeah, that'd be fine. The inverse (OG Man with Kaminaga) is fine as well. :)
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

KaijuX wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 pm
And can Shin Ultraman be portrayed as existing alongside the other iconic Ultra Brothers (not as combatants, but narrative-wise)? Like, even though Zoffy was kind of a paranoid jerk in the movie, can he be portrayed as more like he is in the original series?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:23 pm
KaijuX wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:18 pm
And can Shin Ultraman be portrayed as existing alongside the other iconic Ultra Brothers (not as combatants, but narrative-wise)? Like, even though Zoffy was kind of a paranoid jerk in the movie, can he be portrayed as more like he is in the original series?
Yeah, that'd be fine. There is a flexibility with ShinMan and OG-Man, so that'd be okay.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

Quick question, is it alright to Refer to Taro or Seven as the father of Taiga/Zero. Just as a little alternate way of referring to them, like how Taro would be called Number 6 or how Seven can be called Agent 340
Last edited by kaijufanforever on Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

kaijufanforever wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:39 pm Quick question, is it alright to Refer to Taro or Seven as the father of Taiga/Zero. Just as a little alternate way of referring to them, like how Taro would be called Number 6 or how Seven can be called Agent 340
Should be fine. We had a reference to Belial before in a match so that is more than fine I believe.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

kaijufanforever wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:39 pm Quick question, is it alright to Refer to Taro or Seven as the father of Taiga/Zero.
I'm more specific when it comes to that kind of thing, because I know small references may spiral into something bigger. Generally, my rule of thumb is if it holds a Toho connection (including Crossovers), I'm at least fine enough with referencing it. Belial can get away with the reference because he appeared in City Shrouded in Shadow. Same would go for Ultraman Zero. While I do understand Taiga is the official son of Taro, my gut tells me to avoid that. Though at least for me, I'm also not at all familiar with modern Ultraman, so I hold a lot of reservation when it comes to referencing that.

Fun fact: One of the early entries of the Vincent Rodger series (either 301 or 317) directly referenced Greeza. I replaced it with Kilazee, because I knew that one had some kind of Toho / Toho Kingdom tangibility.

Pair of kings.

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

KaijuX wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:17 am
kaijufanforever wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:39 pm Quick question, is it alright to Refer to Taro or Seven as the father of Taiga/Zero.
I'm more specific when it comes to that kind of thing, because I know small references may spiral into something bigger. Generally, my rule of thumb is if it holds a Toho connection (including Crossovers), I'm at least fine enough with referencing it. Belial can get away with the reference because he appeared in City Shrouded in Shadow. Same would go for Ultraman Zero. While I do understand Taiga is the official son of Taro, my gut tells me to avoid that. Though at least for me, I'm also not at all familiar with modern Ultraman, so I hold a lot of reservation when it comes to referencing that.

Fun fact: One of the early entries of the Vincent Rodger series (either 301 or 317) directly referenced Greeza. I replaced it with Kilazee, because I knew that one had some kind of Toho / Toho Kingdom tangibility.
Ah right, thanks for the info. I'll try to remember remember that

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can there be more than one adult Skullcrawler in a match?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:09 pm Can there be more than one adult Skullcrawler in a match?
Yes, that is more than fine. There are multiple Adults present in the MV Kong comics (particularly flashbacks in Skull Island: Birth of Kong).

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

If a Yamato Guardian Monster/Legendary Mothra dies, can they instill their energy into more than one ally? Or do we just limit it to one?

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:03 pm If a Yamato Guardian Monster/Legendary Mothra dies, can they instill their energy into more than one ally? Or do we just limit it to one?
For Yamato Guardians, only one. It’s their soul transferring into another monster, they can’t exactly split it up. Legendary Mothra can power up multiple monsters, but they’d have to be right next to each other and it would not be as massive a boost as if it was just one monster.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:48 pm
ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:03 pm If a Yamato Guardian Monster/Legendary Mothra dies, can they instill their energy into more than one ally? Or do we just limit it to one?
For Yamato Guardians, only one. It’s their soul transferring into another monster, they can’t exactly split it up. Legendary Mothra can power up multiple monsters, but they’d have to be right next to each other and it would not be as massive a boost as if it was just one monster.
Got it.👍

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

What exactly is Varan 2001's "midair shockwave"?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:26 pm What exactly is Varan 2001's "midair shockwave"?
It's pretty much, well, a shockwave he produces in midair. Kinda like Rodan in a sense. Just swoops in close and BOOM, shockwave. The script states it to be strong enough to strip skin off Godzilla, so... Make of that as you will. ;)

Pair of kings.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

So what exactly can the Armored Titan make with his hardening manipulation?