Super7 Godzilla Line

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Fermix
EDF Instructor

Re: Super7 Godzilla Line

Post by Fermix »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:42 am Memorial Baragon? Which figure is that?
My apologies, I was mistaken and should have said 2005 Bandai MUSEUM Baragon, not memorial.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

I'd love to see some Ultimates factory tool samples or something. Hopefully soon.
Poe Ghostal's Points of Articulation - Toy news, reviews, & commentary

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

I doubt it, the only time I can remember seeing a pre-release sample aside from the 'first reveal' is the Thundertank, probably because it was so expensive. Though they did show the Godzilla protos off a while back. For 2001 and Animaniacs (my most recent), and most others, nothing is usually shown between the release announcement and delivery.

With that being said, while I know there have been glitches in some lines, Pinky and the Brain turned out wonderfully:

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Got the processing soon notice from BBTS for the new ReAction Shogun Rodan :Rodan56:

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

{---HYPERZeTToN---} wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:25 pm Got the processing soon notice from BBTS for the new ReAction Shogun Rodan :Rodan56:
Yeah I got my notice a few days ago as well. Still hasn't been added to my pile of loot yet though. I was just going to wait until the Wave 2 reactions came in and ship them all at once.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Brian Flynn did an interview regarding Thundercats where he talked a little bit about their manufacturing timelines. He mentioned that they are trying to work back toward having an 8-month gap between solicitation of Ultimates and them shipping to customers, but he acknowledges that since COVID the gap has been twice that long. He also mentions that he knows the wait times have burned some of the goodwill that customers have, and they are working to earn it back. They have hired people that live in China to navigate the issue of not being allowed in the country during the pandemic, but nobody from their California offices has been to the factories since 2019.

Doesn't apply specifically to the Toho line, but thought it was a nice piece of transparency to share.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Don't be surprised if Super 7 decides to move manufacturing to Vietnam or the Philippines in a few years.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

StardustGenius wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:34 am Don't be surprised if Super 7 decides to move manufacturing to Vietnam or the Philippines in a few years.
They've already begun transitioning to Vietnam for some of their projects. If anyone has the Shogun Rodan cardback handy, it says that it was made in Vietnam.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

So I just recently got my Ultimates Green Ranger. Pretty solid figure, and pretty big for an action figure. Based on what we've already seen with Godzilla, I can't wait for it to come in. I'm guessig it'll be right up there with the standard bandai figures in that 8-9 inch range.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

March Monsters, Toho edition: Launching this Thursday!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Celebrate March Monsters with Super7’s latest Toho ReAction Figure, the glow-in-the-dark Marusan Godzilla with “J-Tail” inspired by the early versions of the vintage toy! Available now on http://Super7.com!

ReAction Wave 2 is available on Super7.com
Last edited by Fermix on Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:12 am, edited 3 times in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Hopefully BBTS gets them soon. Its been more than 2 weeks since I got email notification about the Shogun Rodan "being in stock soon", (should have went straight to my pile of loot) but that still hasn't happened.
Last edited by o.supreme on Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Finally BBTS charged me for ReAction Shogun Rodan (2 weeks after the initial notice... :? ) and put it in my Pile of Loot. Now just waiting for all of ReAction wave 2, then to ship all at once.

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Really wish we could get some updates on the Ultimates - some test shots or in-hand protos or something.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 5:41 am Really wish we could get some updates on the Ultimates - some test shots or in-hand protos or something.
None of the big YouTubers that interview Super7 ever bring up Godzilla, which is where we are most likely to see test shots.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Well. I preordered the Ultimates figures. Hopefully this was a wise choice :)

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

I had no idea they still had pre-orders open. Looking at these again, they remind me of Trendmasters toys but with Toho approved aesthetics and more articulation. I hope that's what they'll feel like. I'm not a huge fan of Heisei Mechagodzilla, but hope any fan of that design will probably be happy with this.

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I asked the sculptor of the Ultimates figures on Instagram if Wave 1 was still due to leave the factory next month and he liked the comment, so take that for what you will

Poe Ghostal
JXSDF Technician

Post by Poe Ghostal »

Fermix wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:13 pm I asked the sculptor of the Ultimates figures on Instagram if Wave 1 was still due to leave the factory next month and he liked the comment, so take that for what you will
I thought the Four Horsemen sculpted these…

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Poe Ghostal wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:44 pm
Fermix wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:13 pm I asked the sculptor of the Ultimates figures on Instagram if Wave 1 was still due to leave the factory next month and he liked the comment, so take that for what you will
I thought the Four Horsemen sculpted these…
Sorry, sculptor was maybe the wrong word. It was Kyle Wlodyga, who I think does the initial designs for the figures before they get passed over to the sculptors.