Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Godzilla Battle Line [Mobile Game]

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

^That's the pay-to-win strat, I just grind for it if I am in the mood.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Oh shit they're going to buff train bomb.

After finally getting GMK, I change my rating of him to a 10/10, his debuff is ok, but it does cancel out enemy buffs that are in range of the effect.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Four new units have been confirmed, those are
Spoiler:
EVA-02, EVA-00, EVA-08, and Tenth Angel/Zeruel

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:00 pmFour new units have been confirmed
Oooh!
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:00 pm
Spoiler:
Oh. Meh.

(Nothing against the franchise, I just thought it was gonna be four new Godzilla-related units.)
Last edited by TitanoGoji16 on Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:31 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:00 pmFour new units have been confirmed
Oooh!
Spoiler:
Oh. Meh.

(Nothing against the franchise, I just thought it was gonna be four new Godzilla-related units.)
Everyone will also get one free EVA 00, and it's a four star, so that should get you a little more hyped, and that update is tomorrow.

Added in 1 minute 24 seconds:
EVA 02 and EVA 00 will drop tomorrow, and EVA 08 and Zeruel will drop around mid-March, Zeruel is surprisingly, the only three star. I do recommend watching the summit to see the mechanics of all units, it's crazy what they do.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:31 pm
Oooh!
Spoiler:
Oh. Meh.

Same reaction :lol: Evangelion's cool, but I'm much more invested in whatever Godzilla units are added. Sadly, the devs are more into drip feeding actual Godzilla series monsters, but are totally content with an influx of "collab" units. They've already teased a GBL x Shin Kamen Rider collab is on the horizon. This SJHU thing is getting a little long in the tooth.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

They added FW, MG21, and GMK (All three are big units) before EVA part two so they added Godzilla units in between, at least be happy that they are branching out and doing more than just Godzilla characters, because they won't do many more collabs until probably the next MV movie, which is next year, and plenty more Godzilla units are still to come, so don't say they barely add Godzilla characters when they added three big units to the game before EVA part two.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:46 pm They added FW, MG21, and GMK (All three are big units) before EVA part two so they added Godzilla units in between, at least be happy that they are branching out and doing more than just Godzilla characters, because they won't do many more collabs until probably the next MV movie, which is next year, and plenty more Godzilla units are still to come, so don't say they barely add Godzilla characters when they added three big units to the game before EVA part two.
This is purely my own preference, of course. I have incredibly little interest in Shin Ultraman/Evangelion/Kamen Rider additions, "meta" units or not. For a while, Toho was pretty good at including 1 unit at the start of the season, with another (usually not as powerful) unit halfway into the season. Baragon would've been a great mid-season unit after GMK Godzilla, for instance. If devoting an entire month to 1 unit means they'll be able to focus more on balance issues, upgrading certain units to Leader positions, or other modes such as the random egg event starting in March, then I guess that's a fair enough trade-off.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Toho fixed a lot of the bugs, but if only one unit gets added a month, then how boring would that be, just grinding for one unit, instead of having multiple options like in this upcoming event, which is the perfect mix of quality and quantity.

KingCornetto
GPN Volunteer

Post by KingCornetto »

Since the update, my app doesn’t want to load. Anyone else having this issue?

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:32 pm Toho fixed a lot of the bugs, but if only one unit gets added a month, then how boring would that be...
The faster they add units, the harder it is to level them up. I haven't gotten an Ultraman piece in months, for example.
KingCornetto wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 7:37 am Since the update, my app doesn’t want to load. Anyone else having this issue?
Yeah this morning it was down for quite awhile. I'm guessing a lingering snafu from the extended server work they did.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

Random thought I had as I was playing the game, and I know I brought this up to a certain degree before, but it is a shame Toho didn't take advantage of some of their more recent collaborations and involve the other company's characters in Battle Line. Thought up a few units for each one, as well as what they'd do.

GigaBash:
  • Pipijuras: Fires energy orbs out of his claws. Can also hit aerial units.
  • Woolley: Rolls forward until he hits an enemy unit or building, inflicting damage, then starts bashing it with his arms. Can't hit aerial units.
  • Rohanna: Uses her underground-teleport move to travel to the nearest enemy unit. Touching her teleport-trail will inflict damage. Can't hit aerial units.
  • Rawa: Blasts units with his fire breath. Can also be a Leader unit. Leader ability: Extinction Beam (can reach the enemy Leader).
  • Kongkrete: Stands still until approached by a Monster unit, at which point it will attack and begin to move towards the opposing Leader. Can't be targeted by enemy units until it starts moving/attacking.
Godzilla vs. MMPR:
  • Megazord: Attacks with punches and the Power Sword for ground units and cranial laser for aerial units. Can also be a Leader unit. Leader ability: Power Sword (energized sword slash that hits in a large sweeping motion in front of it).
  • Dragonzord: Shoots missiles, similar to Kiryu. Hits both ground and aerial units. Stronger in water.
  • Goldar: Attacks ground units with punches and his sword and aerial units with eye blasts. Can also be a Leader unit. Leader ability: Teleport (he uses his sword to teleport any units attacking him back to the middle of the map).
  • Scorpina: Attaches her tail to enemy units and shocks them until they die. Can't hit aerial units.
  • Eye Guy: Releases three waves of three floating eye balls (think the Dorats) who attack by shooting laser beams. If the enemy survives and destroys all three waves, Eye Guy is "used up" and is replaced with his floating main eye, which then shoots lasers.
I had an idea about making the Mega Dragonzord a unit, requiring that you time-evolve both Megazord and Dragonzord, at which point the Mega Dragonzord would replace both of them. But I'm not sure how feasible that is, as it would leave the player's team down a unit, but maybe the Mega Dragonzord would be powerful enough that it wouldn't matter? I dunno. Not that it really matters anyway. :lol:
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Any advice on account recovery if I don't remember most of the questions they ask for? Am I just up a creek?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:50 am Any advice on account recovery if I don't remember most of the questions they ask for? Am I just up a creek?
You're up a massive creek

Anyways, With the little time I have to post here due to major family drama, I'll give short, quick reviews on the new units.

EVA 02: Due to bugs in BEAST mode, it's a 7/10

EVA 00: Perfect for doing major damage: 9/10

EVA 08: Great for sniping down strong units, pistol mode is ok: 7.5/10

Zeruel: Sachiel on steroids: 10/10

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:50 am Any advice on account recovery if I don't remember most of the questions they ask for? Am I just up a creek?
Have you spent any money with the game by chance? If you have the email receipts or other proof that could really help.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Arbok wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:35 pm
Have you spent any money with the game by chance? If you have the email receipts or other proof that could really help.
I actually just sent over screenshots! It's up in the air for now if I can get it back but we'll see.

Everybody: Keep records of your account, just in case.

That being said, I am playing with a new account and I love the game since I've been away. The Evangelion content is awesome, and it seems like things are balanced differently in a good way.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

I've beaten Wave 90 of the ASB for the first time today. What an achievement. EVA-01's special ability is precious.
Sadly, you don't get flashy prizes like a new title for beating Wave 90. The 1000 coins are nice, but I expected more stuff. :(

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:18 pmI actually just sent over screenshots! It's up in the air for now if I can get it back but we'll see.
Any luck on this?
Carrerasaurus wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:36 pm I've beaten Wave 90 of the ASB for the first time today. What an achievement. EVA-01's special ability is precious.
Sadly, you don't get flashy prizes like a new title for beating Wave 90. The 1000 coins are nice, but I expected more stuff. :(
Congratulations, that's a huge achievement! I generally don't try to hit the end as feel like I just waste tickets trying, but might this round. Which was the hardest of the later waves? The never ending King Caesar one?

Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Post by Carrerasaurus »

Arbok wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:35 pm Congratulations, that's a huge achievement! I generally don't try to hit the end as feel like I just waste tickets trying, but might this round. Which was the hardest of the later waves? The never ending King Caesar one?
Thanks! I wouldn't have done it if it wasn't for EVA.
You should give it a try this season. EVA-01, even at low levels, has a pretty decent chance of beating all the waves because of her ability.

My EVA-01 is only level three, so pretty much all of the later waves were challenging. Paying 100 G-stones for a second chance was mandatory, usually in wave 89 or 90 if I was lucky.
Wave 89 was horrible. It starts by deploying two Super Xs on the left, an Air Base on the right, and Mothra alongside Battra in the middle. That's where I was forced to use EVA's ability to even stand a chance.
Fortunately, the wave doesn't really get worse after that onslaught. It deploys powerful flying units, but it's not absurdly unmanageable because they usually come in solo, and every time an unit is deployed it takes a bit for the next one to come in, granting you some time to recover energy. There is a third Super X and a Stealth Bomber in this wave, though. And one more Air Base just for the lulz.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Arbok wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:35 pm
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:18 pmI actually just sent over screenshots! It's up in the air for now if I can get it back but we'll see.
Any luck on this?
Just got my account back today! Just goes to show the squeaky grease gets the wheel. I barely gave them any info but with the receipts for purchases they were able to restore my account!