Official News topic

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official News topic

Post by NSZ »

JAGzilla wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 am A 7.8 magnitude earthquake has devastated parts of Turkey and Syria: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tu ... 60ee32339a

Over 4,200 buildings destroyed and a death toll climbing by the hour. It's freezing, miserable winter weather there, too, which makes the situation that much worse for everyone involved.
An unrelated second quake measuring at 7.5 magnitude hit southern Turkey only hours after this one, by the way. Absolute disaster.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:31 pm https://abcnews.go.com/US/toxic-chemica ... d=97080179

Just found out about this today.
It's disturbing how little coverage its receiving on mainstream news outlets. It's horrific.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

All of th outlets are focused on the Turkey/Syria Quake and Chinese Spy Balloons. Both are very important, but under any other circumstance this would've been a very heavily reported and important subject. I feel bad for everyone living there, and the enviornment. Another shitty mand-made disaster.

Idiot question:
PVC isn't vinyl chloride itself right? IE: unless my figures catch fire, I'll be okay right?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rando Yaguchi
G-Force Personnel

Post by Rando Yaguchi »

^No, you won't be ok. Because you're a pretentious cunt. We both know this.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:Misato stans just built different.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Rando Yaguchi wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:27 pm ^No, you won't be ok. Because you're a pretentious cunt. We both know this.
Dude.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

LSD is a chill guy, always has been, quit your shit and go whine to someone else.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

That post is a joke right?

Anyway

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=97390020

This idiot has really been on one the entire week.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

^What he said isn't a joke, he's off slandering he whole TK staff (And I mean not just the staff, mods and admins as well) in the Comments section.

As for the news thing, that woman is an idiot, simple as that.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

miguelnuva wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:54 pm That post is a joke right?

Anyway

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go ... d=97390020

This idiot has really been on one the entire week.
She is, on some level, a joke.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:47 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:31 pm https://abcnews.go.com/US/toxic-chemica ... d=97080179

Just found out about this today.
It's disturbing how little coverage its receiving on mainstream news outlets. It's horrific.
It gets even worse. Norfolk Southern is paying $6.5 million to derailment victims (which is maybe ~$1250 per person), but is shelling out $7.5 billion for shareholders.

We live in a shithole country.
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

Post by PuzzledAmphibian »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:51 pm PVC isn't vinyl chloride itself right? IE: unless my figures catch fire, I'll be okay right?
Im not a doctor but it looks like its only dangerous in a gas/liquid form. Dont eat them though :shock:
Last edited by PuzzledAmphibian on Mon Feb 27, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Apparently Microsoft might sell off the Xbox brand : https://www.xfire.com/microsoft-sell-xb ... ase-fails/
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:04 am Apparently Microsoft my sell off the Xbox brand : *link*
This would be amazing if someone could wrestle Halo away from them! Although it would take another large corporation to make the purchase and they probably wouldnt do much better.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:09 am
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:04 am Apparently Microsoft my sell off the Xbox brand : *link*
This would be amazing if someone could wrestle Halo away from them! Although it would take another large corporation to make the purchase and they probably wouldnt do much better.
Well Bungie was bought by Sony a while ago. Do you think the Xbox brand might get absorbed by Playstation?

On a side note, this just in from Iran : https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-64797957. Could the regime be responsible?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

THIS JUST IN FROM THE NEWS DESK
EXTRA EXTRA
KEVIN SMITH NO LONGER SMOKES WEED
https://www.pajiba.com/celebrities_are_ ... es-pot.php
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

PuzzledAmphibian
Monsterland Worker

LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:36 am
PuzzledAmphibian wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:09 am
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:04 am Apparently Microsoft might sell off the Xbox brand : *link*
Well Bungie was bought by Sony a while ago. Do you think the Xbox brand might get absorbed by Playstation?
This is kind of what I worry about, another souless mega corporation getting hold of it but then that's probably the only ones who could afford it. Perhaps Microsoft might see Sony as too much competition overall. Maybe they'd sell to someone like Embracer Group who somehow seems to have infinite cash and has been gobbling up established IP.
LegendZilla wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:36 am On a side note, this just in from Iran : *link* Could the regime be responsible?
I don't know if the regime is responsible. I do know that there are those with power all over the world who would like to restrict education to the "privileged" few and are willing to take desperate measures to do so.
Last edited by PuzzledAmphibian on Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

''this would never happen to me im better and I would never even consider a thing like an abortion Ill vote against it''

life happens*

someone play a sad trombone

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

6 dead, 3 of them children in school shooting at Nashville, Tennessee

Just another day in America.

What's even more disgusting is that the Tennessee governor loosened gun access barely a month ago. And right-wing pundits are already using this as ammunition to further push for the stripping of trans rights.
He/him/his

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:43 pm 6 dead, 3 of them children in school shooting at Nashville, Tennessee

Just another day in America.

What's even more disgusting is that the Tennessee governor loosened gun access barely a month ago. And right-wing pundits are already using this as ammunition to further push for the stripping of trans rights.
I think both situations, the violence and reaction, are digusting, but in different ways.

What's interesting was that the main news source I was following (CNN) didn't say anything about the shooter being trans, and it was only after I checked fox news out of curiosity, that I saw that. There's no excuse for killing people, and there's no justification for the heinous acts that have been contributed. However, this does follow a very similar pattern to many recent shootings, of someone being angered at someone in their past (maybe for legitimate reasons), and carrying out violent atrocities due to easily accessible guns, and probably lack of social safety nets that would prevent them from doing so otherwise. I do think it's revealing in how unstable America is at the moment, where we are seeing major discontent and violent acts being perpetuated by those that wouldn't fit the profile easily of shooters from 10 years ago.

The reason why the trans highlight is such an issue here though, is it shows that many on the right wing, understand that trans/LGBTQ stuff isn't inherently some political movement or philosophy. Someone can still be trans/gay or whatever and still be a POS, just like any other man or woman can be. It's because they're people, just like the rest of us. I suppose one might argue that they want a "motive" for shooting, but "motive" is different from "cause".
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.