Display Your Collection

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Re: Display Your Collection

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

https://imgur.com/gallery/yK3Gm5x

Took some pictures of my collection as it stands going into 2023. Did some major reorganization this time around and put most of my figures on one large shelf. Now to get ready for 2023 purchases lol.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

My collection as of 1-1-2023

The full gallery (with captions): https://imgur.com/gallery/MmdgOai

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:39 pm My collection as of 1-1-2023

The full gallery (with captions): https://imgur.com/gallery/MmdgOai

Man that is awesome. If when I get a home and I am granted a man cave, Imma have to take some notes!
Last edited by GodzillaXGomoraFight on Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

Just received a package on Saturday concluding my collection of Decker vinyls.
Took the opportunity and made a lil collection video for YouTube. Though I have to add that this only covers the stuff I own at my place (which only consists of stuff I bought after moving out 3 years ago).
About 80% of my collection is still waiting at my parents home for a reunion in the far future haha

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

My collection as of April 2023:

Shelf 1: SP Stuff, "Rare" Modern Exclusives+Ride MMS stuff, Various Godzillas+Biollante.

Shelf 2:
Marusan Hedorah Stuff+MMS Hedorah Stuff+YMSF Hedorah stuff.
Ebirah and cool stuff.
Gamera stuff!
Then Heisei Stuff.

From the side, you can see I have a lot more cool shit hidden:

Shelf 3:
Marusan Stuff+Gezora
Shin Godzilla Collection
"Rare"+Old Goji Bandais.
Baragon+Offspring Shelf

I need to add more shelves to this shelf, and get Orga and G2000 in a better place.

This is stuff I don't know where to put:

I've also got these:

In conclusion: My collection is rather big and I'm satisfied with how it looks. I have all the MMS Hedorah stuff I want, maybe minus the really old vinyl, but I'm content for the time being. I wish I had more space to separate all these, but given my circumstances I think I've done nicely. I'm tentatively done with rabidly collecting (minus some new MMS stuff), and there's only a few items I really want to hunt after.

And no, the stuff won't permanently be in bags. Actually I opened some of the Marusans I've had for a while when I set this up. I want to open them on rainy days so they feel fresh lol.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Did a little rearranging today and got (almost) all my Gamera/Daiei stuff onto one shelf.

Unfortunately this guy just wouldn’t fit.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

This is my current display space, after cleaning out and selling stuff recently. I’ve got several Hiya MV and S7 Ultimates on preorder and I’m going to g-fest in July. I don’t think I cleaned out enough space…

I really want to add led strips to the shelves (the light in this room is TERRIBLE) but I’m also a little hesitant because all this is supposed to move to the basement once it gets renovated. But I’ve been saying that for three years already…

I’m also due for a total takedown, deep cleaning, and full rearrangement which will probably result in some more “house cleaning.”

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

At some point Im going to do a full collection update, but for now here is my FINISHED Kamen Rider Collection. You could call it a speedrun collection, considering my first ever Kamen Rider figure came exactly a month ago.

Added in 1 minute 6 seconds:
As for how many of these have I seen? Zo, J, and The First. Go ahead. Call me a fake fan. But I do plan on watching all of these.

Added in 49 seconds:
Also, black sun and shadowmoon are behind the Shin Kamen Rider figures, if you cant tell

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Sweet display. They really look awesome all lined up. I initially only had an OG Kamen Rider that I got on clearance, but have since added a few from the “Shin” movie. It’s a slippery slope!
Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:38 amAs for how many of these have I seen? Zo, J, and The First. Go ahead. Call me a fake fan. But I do plan on watching all of these.
Hey, there are no rules to being a fan- don’t let any gatekeepers tell you otherwise. You could love the designs and never watch the show, so long as it makes you happy ;)

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Not my whole collection, but I finally got my Trendmasters Gamera stuff hung up. And ReAction Wave 2 as well. The Gamera stuff has been stuck piled up on the floor for YEARS now. Glad to finally actually have them "up."

The most redneckish kaiju collection display setup around. :D

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Creature22 wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:51 pm Sweet display. They really look awesome all lined up. I initially only had an OG Kamen Rider that I got on clearance, but have since added a few from the “Shin” movie. It’s a slippery slope!
Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:38 amAs for how many of these have I seen? Zo, J, and The First. Go ahead. Call me a fake fan. But I do plan on watching all of these.
Hey, there are no rules to being a fan- don’t let any gatekeepers tell you otherwise. You could love the designs and never watch the show, so long as it makes you happy ;)
I see it the same way and by other standards I'd be sort of a fake Ultraman fan, too. I have tons of figures and quite a bunch of knowledge regarding the overall franchise, but I've rarely seen any movies or show episodes, let alone a full series. It's mostly short clips or fight scenes. Busy life, no time for more than that. I just enjoy the lore, the Ultras and of course the crazy-@ss Kaiju.

Same with Kamen Rider. I got vinyls and Figuarts of the original 1st Rider, since it's officially part of the Ultra franchise since the 'Ultraman VS Kamen Rider' 90s movie. And I have the main Rider from Shin Kamen Rider in vinyl and Figuarts form since it's officially tied to Shin Ultraman and Shin Godzilla. I don't plan of branching out any further, though.
Size DOES matter!

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:13 am
I like how you have a bunch of the newer Bandais hanging from their hooks like they do in like Don Quijote and stuff lol
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jomei wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:21 am I like how you have a bunch of the newer Bandais hanging from their hooks like they do in like Don Quijote and stuff lol
It originally started as a shelf-saving space technique but I've grown to like it for humanoid figures. I have some shelves from Nitori that have these nice "ribs" on the side for adjusting shelf heights. They doubly function as little places I can hang the C hooks from. At first I was a little worried about doing this, but this is how the figures are sold in shops, some of them being displayed like that for years. So far I haven't noticed any damage or anything that has happened to the figures as a result.

Godzillas and other such figures are incredibly awkward to display like that, but any figure, like the Eva-series, that has a C-hook extending from the back/the center point displays surprisingly well. Some figures are more awkward to display like this, and it's why all Godzillas should be standing on a flat surface.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:02 pm Not my whole collection, but I finally got my Trendmasters Gamera stuff hung up. And ReAction Wave 2 as well. The Gamera stuff has been stuck piled up on the floor for YEARS now. Glad to finally actually have them "up."

Do you have any tips for dust control? My collection is not even a 10th the size of yours and I have huge dust allergies.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

The single best thing you can do to manage dust is put everything behind glass. In my last house I had Billy bookcases from ikea with glass doors. They weren’t remotely air tight. But even so, once I put my collection inside I never had to dust it again. When I moved 7 years later there was still no dust inside.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

darthzilla99 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:39 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:02 pm Not my whole collection, but I finally got my Trendmasters Gamera stuff hung up. And ReAction Wave 2 as well. The Gamera stuff has been stuck piled up on the floor for YEARS now. Glad to finally actually have them "up."

Do you have any tips for dust control? My collection is not even a 10th the size of yours and I have huge dust allergies.
Well, I now have my collection isolated in its own room, so there's not a lot of foot traffic compared to before. But back when I had it taking up a lot of room in my living room, I did a weekly rotation of cleaning one whole shelf every week. Now I just do a once or twice a year cleaning, planning in October and sometime next Spring.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

So here it is. My FINISHED Godzilla collection. Not much has changed since the last time, but in the interest of moving towards my career goals as well as repairing some damaged relationships caused by my bad spending habits, I made the difficult choice to quit collecting all together. Will this be permanent? Who knows. But the foreseeable future Im done. I need to figure out how to budget myself. Ive sacrificed my own health and my relationships in order to get stuff that I was too impatient for. I just cant do that anymore.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Good on you for choosing to better yourself from bad habits! It's a tough journey and I hope it goes well for you! Certainly glad you didn't decide to chuck everything, and honestly couldn't have picked a better setup to finish on. More than a few grails of mine in there!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

That’s a cool collection. But yeah, definitely don’t let a hobby harm your finances, health, or relationships. As much fun as they are, they’re just things.

I bet it feels satisfying to have it complete though. I take the opposite approach and sell off things I’ve lost interest in as I rotate new things in. Lets me keep buying new stuff at a reasonable pace while not letting it outgrow the space I have. And selling old things helps offset the cost of new things.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

What a legendary display, god.

Great job picking up on your bad habits by the way, it takes a big person to do that. Took me awhile to do that with another collecting hobby I had.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61: