Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by SpiderZilla »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:55 pm HWYFA

1. Paul Ruebens in a fuiture instalment of Godzilla, as a nod to Pee Wee movie featuring Godzilla and Ghidorah?
2. Kaiju eating humans but portyrayed in a darkly comedic way, with one munching on people like chips?
3. Kaiju crapping offscreen and people having to deal with the huge piles of dung?
1. Comedians should restrict themselves to comedies. For example, Kristen Wiig in Wonder Woman 1984 was a poor casting choice for a serious role.
2. That would not go over well unless it were animated in the style of Futurama.
3. Piles of dung would be an unneeded distraction from the main plot unless that actually was the main plot.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Al Diplodocus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:55 pm HWYFA

1. Paul Ruebens in a fuiture instalment of Godzilla, as a nod to Pee Wee movie featuring Godzilla and Ghidorah?
2. Kaiju eating humans but portyrayed in a darkly comedic way, with one munching on people like chips?
3. Kaiju crapping offscreen and people having to deal with the huge piles of dung?
1. No thanks.
2. Depends on how you handle that. I suppose a kaiju like Gaira could trap people in something, and you show him reaching in to grab people like one would a bag of chips.
3. It sound like crap. But seriously, during the end credits of KotM, a headline asks if Titan waste could be a power source. It'd be a mess to clean up, but you could show people finding some use for it, like power or fertilizer for farming.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

1. A film or monster battle taking place in Vatican City?

2. A film where a whole country gets destroyed? Like the US or Japan.
Last edited by Gojira1604 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:24 pm 1. A film or monster battle taking place in Vatican City?

1. Needs to either be a demonic Kaiju or a Kaiju that just looks demonic. Added symbolism.

2. I personally don't think escalating things like that leads to anything but problems. Like how DBZ characters can casually destroy planets yet 95% of the time they just punch each other and barley smash some rocks around them. But that is just me, might be a good visual spectacle.

SpiderZilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by SpiderZilla »

godjacob wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:39 pm
Gojira1604 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:24 pm 1. A film or monster battle taking place in Vatican City?

1. Needs to either be a demonic Kaiju or a Kaiju that just looks demonic. Added symbolism.

2. I personally don't think escalating things like that leads to anything but problems. Like how DBZ characters can casually destroy planets yet 95% of the time they just punch each other and barley smash some rocks around them. But that is just me, might be a good visual spectacle.
1. Symbolism would help but so would motivation. Why would a kaiju travel to the Vatican? It’s not a center for scientific research. It’s not a military outpost. If someone led the kaiju there, why would they choose the Vatican? It seems an odd choice.

2. A whole country sounds like too many locations for a plot to support unless it’s a small island country.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

There have been cases in other media where entire countries were destroyed. Ghidorah and Gigan reduced all of Japan to burning rubble in Rulers of Earth (off screen, of course), and Ghidorah wiped out Australia in the Random House novel Godzilla vs. The Space Monster. He started at the coast and just flew laps around the continent, blasting everything in sight and gradually working his way inland, driving the population into the center where he could finish them off all at once.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

HWYFAI:

If the "villain" in the next Monsterverse movie is ... Obsidius!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:46 pm HWYFAI:

That would be kinda cool. Given the nature of Hollow Earth and the energy that is naturally abundant there, can easily see them working it into the lore and would make for a visually distinctive creature.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:46 pm HWYFAI:

Sure, I’d be okay with seeing that. It’s already a visually interesting creature, I’d like to see how they render it in live action.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

1. It would be a new location, and I think it could be done with Ultraman best. You have a kaiju like Gatanazoa that threatens to spread darkness and death over mankind, and then Ultraman fights to save man. It has a good vs evil , light vs dark theme that works with the holy site.

2. It might work. The question is how you show or imply that the whole country has been ruined.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

SpiderZilla wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:58 am
godjacob wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:39 pm

1. Symbolism would help but so would motivation. Why would a kaiju travel to the Vatican? It’s not a center for scientific research. It’s not a military outpost. If someone led the kaiju there, why would they choose the Vatican? It seems an odd choice.

2. A whole country sounds like too many locations for a plot to support unless it’s a small island country.
For 1. maybe some ideolistic terrorists aim to destroy all important cities and places and send out a kaiju.
Or similar to Kiriel people they attack religious symbols to establish for them being the leading master race and the ones humanity should pray to.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Hwyfi:
We get or got a movie in the G98-GMK timeline where the US acknowledges the 98 attack was a different Zilla. Maybe with one or both Godzillas appearing in America.

They made a tv series about the Mothra fairies.

Ultraman had battled a Shin Jirass in Shin Ultraman?

Pacific Rim gets a sequel that erases Uprising and anything after it, directed by Del Toro once again.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:58 pm Hwyfi:
We get or got a movie in the G98-GMK timeline where the US acknowledges the 98 attack was a different Zilla. Maybe with one or both Godzillas appearing in America.

Pacific Rim gets a sequel that erases Uprising and anything after it, directed by Del Toro once again.
1. GMK was a standalone and should be left that way.

2. Shut up and take my money.

3. Haven't seen SU yet, but I can't picture that being anything but a massive distraction away from the main plot.

4. Please.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:58 pm Hwyfi:

1. A fight where Zilla's not treated as cannon fodder could be fun.

2. Yes. I don't care if it's anime or live action.

3. It'd be a frill.

4. I'd watch it.

Hwyfa....
A silent kaiju film? G vs K gave us a taste of this, but this story would be told through the experience of two deaf friends, and sign language with subtitles would be used, along with background music to set mood and such?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

edgaguirus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:49 pm A silent kaiju film? G vs K gave us a taste of this, but this story would be told through the experience of two deaf friends, and sign language with subtitles would be used, along with background music to set mood and such?
Cute as a short film, but completely dissinterested in it unless something (probably not Godzilla) was completely designed around the idea, and not just "lets put Godzilla in a silent film".

Roars and a lot of background sounds are really important to establishing the monsters sense of scope and weight. Godzilla (and kaiju films) are generally known for their excellent foley, and I think it would be to a film's detriment to remove sound.

That beind said, I would be interested if someone edited Godzilla 1954 into a silent film. I don't think it's impossible.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:12 pm
edgaguirus wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:49 pm A silent kaiju film? G vs K gave us a taste of this, but this story would be told through the experience of two deaf friends, and sign language with subtitles would be used, along with background music to set mood and such?
Cute as a short film, but completely dissinterested in it unless something (probably not Godzilla) was completely designed around the idea, and not just "lets put Godzilla in a silent film".

Roars and a lot of background sounds are really important to establishing the monsters sense of scope and weight. Godzilla (and kaiju films) are generally known for their excellent foley, and I think it would be to a film's detriment to remove sound.

That beind said, I would be interested if someone edited Godzilla 1954 into a silent film. I don't think it's impossible.
Here’s an idea that could be interesting, then: a silent movie where the ONLY sounds are the kaiju roars and necessary background sounds.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:12 pm

It could be done, and I would see it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:12 pm That beind said, I would be interested if someone edited Godzilla 1954 into a silent film. I don't think it's impossible.
Honestly...you've got me curious. I might give this an attempt.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:04 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:12 pm That beind said, I would be interested if someone edited Godzilla 1954 into a silent film. I don't think it's impossible.
That could be fun, wish you luck on the project if you decide to go through with it.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

godjacob wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:11 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:04 pm
That could be fun, wish you luck on the project if you decide to go through with it.
Indeed, I've already started! I'll post more about it in this thread here:

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33959