K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: K.W.C. - Writer Assistance Thread

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

KaijuX wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:48 pm
Gigantis wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:40 pm Couple questions regarding the Reiwa Gigans.

1. Can the Miles also fire their energy blast from their power core even without it being torn from their bodies? (Because if that happens.. well, it just kinda looks like they die) If they can, should it be colored Red like Rex's powered up attack, or can it be any color?
2. Did they ever get an origin story? Because I'm admittedly not entirely too sure how I'm suppose to explain how they exist without Showa/Millennium Gigan not coming into question. (The story I'm writing has the events of both the Showa films and FW already happened)
1) Miles can fire energy beams from their cores when their bellies are extended. It's about the same as their forehead beam. You can see one of them firing off before the Miles gang up on Godzilla / Godzilla goes Burning.
2) The most we get is from the initial GvG video where they hail from space / meteors (don't forget that the Gigan Rex short is technically a sequel to GvG). Much like Gryphon, the Reiwa Gigans are allowed to be more open-ended when it comes to who their masters are, since they obviously had to be made.
Nagoda pointed out that the one who fired that ray was Rex, I looked back at it, and that red hue was unmistakable.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Can the EVAs have some sort of other way to get power, besides the ways NERV use?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can we have mythical figures from various cultures/mythologies appear in matches, not as combatants but simply as bystanders/central conflict-drivers/main protagonists?

Like, can we have a match where Medusa is the main protagonist/a bystander while two monsters fight?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 am Can we have mythical figures from various cultures/mythologies appear in matches, not as combatants but simply as bystanders/central conflict-drivers/main protagonists?

Like, can we have a match where Medusa is the main protagonist/a bystander while two monsters fight?
While we do have a "Public Domain Clause" that has use of PD characters (like Dr. Frankenstein in Match 193), so from a technical standpoint, that'd be okay. Though on a personal level, I'd personally try to adhere to the Godzilla/Toho/Distributed versions of any aforementioned characters if possible; I'd prefer if we take what exists, even if it's minor, and expand on what we have. Again, I will stress that's more of a me thing, and the flaw of it requires an almost encyclopedic knowledge of everything in the Toho spectrum (which I know most people either will or will not care about).
Spoiler:
That said, Great Yokai War: Guardians is practically a treasure trove of a lot of fundamentally Public Domain related characters, like Frankenstein's Monster, European Dracula, Medusa, Mermaids, and so forth. So even by my personal standards of "adhere to the Godzilla/Toho/Distributed versions" mentality, it still checks out. :thumbsup:
Last edited by KaijuX on Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 am Can we have mythical figures from various cultures/mythologies appear in matches, not as combatants but simply as bystanders/central conflict-drivers/main protagonists?

We can have Zeus throwing lightning going off Rage across time.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

I don't know if this is me misremembering things, but if I recall, KOTM implies that Godzilla and Mothra have some sort of small telepathic communication, right?

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Dunkeeni wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:11 am I don't know if this is me misremembering things, but if I recall, KOTM implies that Godzilla and Mothra have some sort of small telepathic communication, right?
Yes, from what I remember, they can.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoilered for anyone who hasn't caught up on Attack on Titan.
Spoiler:
So, Eren turns evil at the end of the series. How much of the Rumbling could I include in a match featuring that concept? I know I can't bring in the Rumbling itself, but could I find some other way for Eren to make a Titan army?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:25 pm
Spoiler:
How much of the Rumbling could I include in a match featuring that concept? I know I can't bring in the Rumbling itself, but could I find some other way for Eren to make a Titan army?
Spoiler:
In thanks to the novelization combined with extremely loose interpretation, the Rumbling would be feasible. An army of Colossal Titans is perfectly acceptable. While the novel does suggest the existence of "other Jaeger Titans" (probably meant in reference to Female, Beast, Jaw, etc.), the lack of anything concrete makes it uncertain as to who or what it's referencing. So in that particular instance, we came to the conclusion that "other Jaeger Titans" can pave the way for multiple Attack and Armored Titans as well (I'm personally not a huge advocator for it to be applied for Attack and Armored, but it makes sense within the "Toho spectrum" parameter, so it just made the most sense within the restrictions set that we in staff agreed on).

Keep in mind that we don't have the true version of The Paths, though the ability to supernaturally control Titans does exists (in-theory in context of the novel). This is why Haruo Titan of 390 was able to control the Wraiths; it's not the Paths, it's more traditional Toho elements being applied.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

KaijuX wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:15 pm
Spoiler:
How much of the Rumbling could I include in a match featuring that concept? I know I can't bring in the Rumbling itself, but could I find some other way for Eren to make a Titan army?
Spoiler:
In thanks to the novelization combined with extremely loose interpretation, the Rumbling would be feasible. An army of Colossal Titans is perfectly acceptable. While the novel does suggest the existence of "other Jaeger Titans" (probably meant in reference to Female, Beast, Jaw, etc.), the lack of anything concrete makes it uncertain as to who or what it's referencing. So in that particular instance, we came to the conclusion that "other Jaeger Titans" can pave the way for multiple Attack and Armored Titans as well (I'm personally not a huge advocator for it to be applied for Attack and Armored, but it makes sense within the "Toho spectrum" parameter, so it just made the most sense within the restrictions set that we in staff agreed on).

Keep in mind that we don't have the true version of The Paths, though the ability to supernaturally control Titans does exists (in-theory in context of the novel). This is why Haruo Titan of 390 was able to control the Wraiths; it's not the Paths, it's more traditional Toho elements being applied.
Spoiler:
Also going to hop in and state that we can also use the wraith titans like the Marleyans do in the anime, in which they drop Titans onto their enemy. Some of the footage Shikishima shows of the Titans origin in the second movie and novel is they were a government project, which I presume was used in war as they showed up in Vietnam. Then the thing went out of control and started infecting everyone over time, causing sort of sleeper agent like infected who one day just convulse and transform into a Titan in the midst of their day to day lives.
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:24 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Also going to hop in and state that we can also use the wraith titans like the Marleyans do in the anime, in which they drop Titans onto their enemy. Some of the footage Shikishima shows of the Titans origin in the second movie and novel is they were a government project, which I presume was used in war as they showed up in Vietnam. Then the thing went out of control and started infecting everyone over time, causing sort of sleeper agent like infected who one day just convulse and transform into a Titan in the midst of their day to day lives.
Spoiler:
"which I presume was used in war as they showed up in Vietnam."
Pardon, they what?

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:49 pm
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Pardon, they what?
_______

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Nagoda wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:01 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:49 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Pardon, they what?
Oh ok, I thought you meant they used the Titans during the Vietnam War.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Can both Millennium and Showa Mothra be used fighting together in a match (as adults), or can they only be separate?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:41 pm Can both Millennium and Showa Mothra be used fighting together in a match (as adults), or can they only be separate?
Due to the fact that there can be more than 1 Universal Mothra at any given time, I'm okay with that being the case. While not in the films themselves, easy to imagine the Larva Twins becoming adults, having their own kids, and so on. But yeah, that's fine for that particular case.

Pair of kings.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

How do Godzilla Ultima's Red Dust mines operate? How does he summon them and what do they do?
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:47 am How do Godzilla Ultima's Red Dust mines operate? How does he summon them and what do they do?
They're from the scene with Amphibia where the explosions surround him before the connect with the freezing gas. They just... Spontaneously combust out of nowhere for the most part, simple enough. I think the novelization simply changes this to the tanks being responsible. On the flipside, I think the audio commentary infers something about the bombardment he took from the tanks (I guess like releasing the store energy from the tanks?). In this case, keep it simple to what we see.

Pair of kings.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I'm unfortunately way behind in terms of Ultraman lore, so I need to ask:

Can Ultras swim/"fly" through water? Or would water hinder them in any way?
Last edited by ShinGojira14 on Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:04 pm I'm unfortunately way behind in terms of Ultraman lore, so I need to ask:

There is no opposition to that as far as I'm aware. Definitely not the most ridiculous feat of an Ultra. ;)

Pair of kings.

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:04 pm I'm unfortunately way behind in terms of Ultraman lore, so I need to ask:

I don't recall water ever hindering an Ultra. There's tons of episodes where they fight a foe in bodies of water from knee-deep to completely submerged and it didn't hurt them at all. And in Ultraseven's case specifically, it's been stated that swimming is his hobby.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!