GTTT R7: Coobzilla03 vs. CamtheGodzillafan

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R7: Coobzilla03 vs. CamtheGodzillafan

Post by Greyshot151 »

Coobzilla03
Mothra Larva (Showa) X 2
Mothra Imago (Showa)
Goliath
Gabara
King Kong 76
King Kong 05
King Kong (Showa)
Vastosaurus
Giant Boa

vs.

CamtheGodzillafan
Birb (Rodan Heisei)
Kumonga (Showa)
Raijin
Birb (Fire Rodan)

Location Modifier: Base Immediately Opens fire. Ebirah joins as a hostile 3rd party All forms of Mothra gain the Shobijin for guidance

Tag-Team Modifiers:
Coobzilla03
Infant Island Protectors! - Mothra Larva X2 - Mothra (Showa) - Switch terrain to Infant Island.
Bullies United - Gabara & Goliath - Eliminate the weakest tiered monster
True Kings of Skull Island - Gain a Vastosaurus & Giant Boa as allies
Kong of the Storm - King Kong (Showa) & Any Electricity spewing Monster - Kong begins the round supercharged

Rules: Heisei Scaling

Discussion starts 2/3
Voting starts 2/4. (Make your choice in Bold Text of which team you believe comes out on top)
Voting ends, end of day, 2/5
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Re: GTTT R7: Coobzilla03 vs. CamtheGodzillafan

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Oh wow, me vs Coob, this is close, and I mean VERY close, Coobhas the numbers, I have the firepower, durability, and aerial advantage, and that is what make me think I barely take this.

Losing Kumonga sucks, but at least I have Heisei Birb. The King Kongs (barring supercharged), V Rex, and Boa stand zero chance here, Fire Rodan was spamming beams like crazy, and that alone should wipe out a good portion of Coob's team, here is who I will die from a uranium ray spam:

Boa, V rex, KK05, Goliath (might not die, but that horn will definitely break), (Maybe?) a larva or both. The any who I didn't list can survive a couple of those beams, but none of them will be able to put Fire Birb down (What's the word, Earth?), and those who do survive a few rays will be critically injured.

Heisei Rodan is tanky as well, not as much as Fire Birb, but he can definitely take something like Mothra (Imago) out, an maybe another kaiju that isn't as smart as Heisei Goji.

Raijin is as durable, if not, more durable than Normal Birb, and his energy redirection will o him wonders here, specially with him going to get targeted for being the only one on my team that doesn't fly (which gives my Birbs time to jump Coob's team). The only one who stand a good chance is KK62, and that is because of his lightning, but he isn't exactly a good fighter, and if Raijin can absorb lightning, then night night KK62.

Oh, and Gabara is also going to get a trip to hell after a few shots from anything on my team.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I'm not too sure on this one myself. A couple points and rebuttals to what you said Cam:

- King Kong Showa is a brutal and relentless fighter when charged. He alone would give Raijin some issue; his fighting style of ramming, grappling and throwing works better against Raijin than
Jaegar's more striking oriented attacks because it's doesn't allow for a kinetically enhanced counterattack. The electric shock will certainly hurt as well; is there anything to suggest that Raijin can absorb electricity? If anything, Kong might sap some of his power to become even stronger, who knows there. Anyways, combine that with King Kong '05 and the rest of the squad and Raijin will quickly get overwhelmed as the only ground fighter.
- Rodan will be a problem, until he decides to engage close and then he'll get torn apart.
- Fire Rodan is the biggest if - will he ever land? If not, the only way he'll get knocked down to Earth is by Goliath's beam, Mothra holding him up or maybe Kong '05 using his hops, which should work because A) his flight altitude is relatively low B) Fire Rodan doesn't use his wings to produce hurricane winds and C) Communication, baby. Sure, he causes sparks when he flies but that isn't indicative of much.
- FR's beam doesn't have any feats to suggest that it's particularly powerful, and his propensity to shoot it at his opponent's legs/torso suggest he likely won't break Goliath's horn, at least immediately. It's probably close to Showa Godzilla's ray, which Kong took without much issue. There is potential for combatants like Kong '05 and maybe the V-Rex to dodge the beam because he likes to shoot the ground, and Kong is an intelligent being.

One thing is for sure in my mind, Raijin gets mugged pretty quickly. Rodan will follow suit eventually. He can hurt my guys, but probably won't kill too much before he gets in someone's face. From there it's up to my remaining guys, the Kongs (maybe not '76 because his agility is lower), Gabara, Goliath and likely one or both worms, to take down Fire Rodan. In my mind it's certainly possible if he can be sufficiently distracted.

I'm wondering how things would have gone if I had Kumonga and you had Goliath and Gabara. I think you'd be a clear winner there.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

^Fire Rodan preferred to beam spam until he was hit by three point-blank Plasma Grenades that he has unintentionally charged up, so doubt he will land.

And Fire Rodan's beams were causing some powerful explosions on the ground, so we do have feats.

And Raijin is a damage sponge, he was taking multiple buildings bigger than him with little trouble at all, so he won't die as quick as you say.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Explosions don't mean much unless we can see what kind of destruction they do. There's a difference between a good explosion and just fire plume. It didn't do much to the ground or anything. When it hit MechaG the explosions were much more muted which suggests to me it's just extra flame or heat. Obviously we can't judge how it did against MechaG because he absorbed most of it, simply showing it has little in the way of concussive force. They're still really feat-less. It's probably generous to compare it to Showa Godzila's beam because we've seen the affect it has on monsters.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Coobzilla03 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:11 pm Explosions don't mean much unless we can see what kind of destruction they do. There's a difference between a good explosion and just fire plume. It didn't do much to the ground or anything. When it hit MechaG the explosions were much more muted which suggests to me it's just extra flame or heat. Obviously we can't judge how it did against MechaG because he absorbed most of it, simply showing it has little in the way of concussive force. They're still really feat-less. It's probably generous to compare it to Showa Godzila's beam because we've seen the affect it has on monsters.
It's uranium, and Mechagodzilla absorbed the hits, then fired a powered up Plasma Grenade.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nagoda
Futurian

Post by Nagoda »

It’s not really fair to use Mechagodzilla to judge whether a beam has concussive force simply because he is heavy as hell. Godzilla’s beam could knock over King Ghidorah, but Mechagodzilla just stood there and redirected it back immediately as a Plasma Grenade.
A reminder to watch Chouseishin Gransazers.
_______
A semi-talented Chibi who is always tired.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Voting myself, only because Coob doesn't have an answer to fire birb.

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Cam having Fire Birb seals the deal.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Though it's possible to catch Fire Rodan, it's probably not very likely in this setting. CamtheGodzillafan my crew dies a slow, boring death.
Resized Image

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Cam Cause of Birb
Showa Goji best Godzilla