Unwelcome, From the Creators of Grabbers

For the discussion of non-Toho monster media, tokusatsu franchises, and also for mixed discussion of Toho and non-Toho kaiju media.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Unwelcome, From the Creators of Grabbers

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

A new Irish horror comedy about a young couple terrorized by Goblins. From the director and FX team behind the cult creature feature Grabbers. Apparently it came out awhile ago but seems to be getting a wide release now.

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Unwelcome, From the Creators of Grabbers

Post by JAGzilla »

Doesn't look like the greatest thing ever, but I'm very glad to see a movie featuring Red Caps. And Colm Meany is in it! Definitely going to give it a shot.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Grabbers was awesome. This seems goofy and fun as well. Glad it's coming to Shudder, excited to check it out.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I finally watched this. It's... a movie. Not very good, mostly pretty shoddy and unpleasant, with too much focus on the human antagonists and not enough on the Red Caps. The tone is kind of a confused mess and keeps anything from really feeling engaging or satisfying. The acting is lousy. The actual fight with the Red Caps is fun enough when it comes, though. The practical effects are serviceable, and it gets points for just being goofy and unique. Eh, I'm glad it exists. There aren't many other places you can see Chief O'Brien fighting goblins with a shotgun.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio