Official Anime/Netflix ULTRAMAN Thread!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Official Anime/Netflix ULTRAMAN Thread!

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Trailer for Season 3 is out, looks like we're getting new versions of Mefilas, Zarab, Zetton, Valky, and Mother of Ultra!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

^Mefilas has got me hyped, but if you look closely, it shows that Bemular/Bemlar got his ass handed to him by something.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The movie is still coming in case anyone was worried.

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/statu ... 77RMQ&s=19
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Good to hear, I'm more excited for that than the anime series, and its particularly relieving considering what happened to netflix's animation studio (I don't know if this technically falls under that, but I'm still pissed off by them dropping the Bone tv show gurr).
He Jock it Made of Steel

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:41 pm ^Mefilas has got me hyped, but if you look closely, it shows that Bemular/Bemlar got his ass handed to him by something.
Those who read the Manga know ;) . Anyway, with the anime deviating form the Manga so much, i wonder if that means the Manga will be ending soon? I cant imagine if it drags on too long how the story would continue. I would hate for this to end up like Guyver and have no proper ending.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Is the anime worth watching/a decent adaptation for those who enjoy Ultraman?

Likewise, cool about the 2024 film. Strange to think that in a post Shin Ultraman world, we'll have more films to look forward to that aren't the big event films Tsubaraya makes for their shows!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:14 pm Is the anime worth watching/a decent adaptation for those who enjoy Ultraman?
Without spoiling anything, yeah, it's pretty good, there are some things that can be improved, but overall, it's a good anime, nothing like AOT, but it's still good.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Just finished Season three, and I'll put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
I was underwhelmed, changing Mefilas' name to Mephisto was a letdown, and he didn't do too much, at all. They never explained what happened to the Alien Zarab that helped Shinjiro and Moroboshi, and they just kind of made Zetton boring, we never really get to see who is on the Star Cluster Council, aside from Edo (Who's Ultra-Zetton suit was awesome), but that's about it.
Season three wasn't anything amazing, it isn't Pacific Rim The Black Season 2 (Which I thought was amazing), and it just lacked things that I wish they would have told us about.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Thu May 11, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

I just finished Season 3 as well, and man I loved it! In a world when too often creators are focused on Subverting expectations, and deconstructing heroes (of which, the latter was attempted on a small scale), it felt really good to get back to basics for once. Yeah the ending was pretty paint-by-the numbers & Predictable, but it was amazingly fun to watch and satisfying. Nothing wrong with that.

Also:
Spoiler:
Zetton has Beam Funnels! 8-)
It's a shame they didn't try for one more season to work in Leo & Astra, as well as some of the other sub plots of the Manga, but Netflix "3-and-done" curse strikes again.

I can only hope the Manga has as satisfying an ending, but I fear it may suffer the same fate as Bio Booster Armored Guyver and just drag on too long and not have any ending at all. I love a good long-running format story, but as they saying goes: All Good things...

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:45 pm Just finished Season three, and I'll put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
..........They never explained what happened to the Alien Zarab that helped Shinjiro and Moroboshi, ....
I take it you didn't see the mid-credits sequence during the final episode? That question is answered.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun May 14, 2023 9:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

o.supreme wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 9:28 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:45 pm Just finished Season three, and I'll put it in a spoiler.
Spoiler:
..........They never explained what happened to the Alien Zarab that helped Shinjiro and Moroboshi, ....
I take it you didn't see the mid-credits sequence during the final episode? That question is answered.
Oh, no I didn't, let me go watch that.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I thoroughly enjoyed season 3 a lot, my brother and I had a lotta fun. It has a nice, solid pace and the animation was genuinely incredible to watch. Man, that flying battle with Mephisto was gorgeous.

I haven't read the manga, so I can't comment on the changes but I am aware of the major ones people have told me. Despite having that in mind, I found this anime to be a fun watch. Season 2 was a bit of a let down, but S3 felt much more fleshed out and there were quite a bit of subtle details that were welcome. And that finale, oh man, much like other reimaginings such as Shin or Nexus, I'm a big fan of how it kept the spirit of Ultraman.

The end credits scene was pretty funny, I do dig how the anime pokes some fun at some tropes in the franchise in a loving way.

Now, regarding the English dub - any Resident Evil fans notice a reunion for Albert Wesker, Chris Redfield, & Leon Kennedy? :P
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos