Garbage YouTube Videos Featuring Kaiju aimed at Kids.

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Garbage YouTube Videos Featuring Kaiju aimed at Kids.

Post by Gojira1604 »

You might have noticed the surge of very low quality videos popping up on YouTube, some getting millions of views.
Here's a twitter thread highlighting some:
https://twitter.com/MagDaVeloRaptr/stat ... UTZSHliX7A

What do you think of this stuff, and content like this in general becoming the norm for children throughout YouTube? Or children watching Godzilla related stuff in general?
My three year old nephew said he watched GVK which his mom confirmed. Felt odd to me. You'd almost think the movies are too intense for someone that age.
Tbh if I could I'd just *poof* delete all these videos if I could :DragonBall:

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Re: Garbage YouTube Videos Featuring Kaiju aimed at Kids.

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

I miss when the low quality kaiju YouTube videos were 240p "We're All to blame" tributes, not "Shin SpiderZilla Earth vs SlenderZilla vs Super Siren Lamp Head Squid Game Funny Compilation". It almost feels AI generated in a way, with just how absurdly random and nonsensical so many of these videos are. And after having seen a lot of these videos posted as memes or just floating around YouTube over the past couple years, some of this feels like it's getting into Elsagate territory as well. It's concerning to say the least.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

This is unfortunately a problem way bigger than just Godzilla and related properties, those algorithm based “children channels” have grown massively in artificial popularity in the last few years. Pump out the most nonsensical, intentionally vibrant and plagiaristic content possible that is often also nefariously inappropriate for the intended demographic at a manufactured rate to prey on unassuming kids and their parents who just want a brief attention grabber.

For what it’s worth the examples showcased in that thread are just the tip of the iceberg for this crap lol.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Some of them have cool designs or animation. Really dislike some of the less appropriate ones.

airforce111
Interpol Agent

Post by airforce111 »

youtube is filled with garbage videos aimed for kids super questionable content. I didnt really see it until I lived with my nephew for a bit and the stuff they watch. I turn on public TV programming for kids stuff for them instead of youtube garbage.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Those videos are an absolute insult for the genuinely good videos that get side swept by the algorithm.
I'd rather take Jimmy's wonky 5 second stop motion clip over that brain-rupt garbage.

The audience for those videos deserve better.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

This is not good at all, elsagate is coming back

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:13 am This is not good at all, elsagate is coming back
Unfortunately, I don't think it ever left.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:36 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:13 am This is not good at all, elsagate is coming back
This. With the monetization of content deemed as child oriented by YouTube they found one hell of a loophole to latch to. A loophole that practically enables them to shit out some of the most vile stuff you can imagine and get away with it because the algorithm automatically deemed it suitable kiddy content. This stuff runs deep and is genuinely dangerous.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Dv-218 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:50 am
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:36 am
This. With the monetization of content deemed as child oriented by YouTube they found one hell of a loophole to latch to. A loophole that practically enables them to shit out some of the most vile stuff you can imagine and get away with it because the algorithm automatically deemed it suitable kiddy content. This stuff runs deep and is genuinely dangerous.
YouTube does have YouTube kids that are for As the title suggest children but the problem with that it doesn’t make a lot of money compared to the main platform so to make up for that they modified their main platform to appeal to younger audiences, Which is a real god damn shame

Edit: so with all this in mind why the heck aren’t these videos taken down even though they literal break terms of service
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Maybe we outta find some of these vids & report em. Especially some with like blood & vore

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

I usually get recommended the Whalezilla videos, specifically the design that Matt Frank created so I wonder if he's ever made a comment about that.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:39 pm Maybe we outta find some of these vids & report em. Especially some with like blood & vore
Ha, it worked. I reported some and youTube took one down.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gojira1604 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:08 am
Gojira1604 wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:39 pm Maybe we outta find some of these vids & report em. Especially some with like blood & vore
Ha, it worked. I reported some and youTube took one down.
High 5 my man

__________$$$$$$
_________$$____$$$$$$$
_________$$____$$____$
_____$$$$$$____$$____$
____$$___$$____$$____$
____$$___$$____$$____$$$$$$
____$$___$$____$$____$$___$
____$$___$$____$$____$$___$
___$$$___$$____$$____$$___$
_$$$$$___$$____$$____$$___$
$___$$___$$____$$____$$___$$
$$________________________$$
_$$_______________________$$
_$$$_____________________$$
__$$$$_________________$$$
____$$_________________$
____$$$_______________$$

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

elsagate is literally a thing, parents just give the lil gremlins a phone and its a fucking rabbit hole into borderline criminal shit its aawful

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Do these videos contain actual problematic content or just 'cringe'? I don't see how this is comparable to Elsagate, at which the real scandal was not the video quality itself but the fact so much adult content was embedded into the videos.
It almost feels AI generated in a way, with just how absurdly random and nonsensical so many of these videos are. And after having seen a lot of these videos posted as memes or just floating around YouTube over the past couple years, some of this feels like it's getting into Elsagate territory as well. It's concerning to say the least.
This is a good way to describe it, but this is really what YouTube and online video platforms are becoming -- fifteen years ago, YouTube really did feel like just stumbling upon something. The algorithm wasn't something that everyone was not only very aware of but consciously making an effort to game, the way it is now. I don't use Tiktok but I have a buddy who shoves Tiktoks in my face, and when he does, sometimes it's a news story but with Minecraft video playing. I ask for the point and he tells me the Minecraft video is just to gain views on the algorithm. There's a ton of stuff like this. People say cringey stuff like "un-alive" to get around the algorthim's understandable bias against videos about death. Everyone is just casually understanding now that the game isn't about producing content that is good, it's about how to bend a set of unknowable calculations to your benefit, without questioning at all how we got here. Some people who do create good content admit to having to make changes to appease an algorithm like having to make their videos be 'top tens', catering to a certain length, etc. This is similar to that -- crossing all of this stuff into Godzilla and using all of these buzzwords games the algorithm and makes more money.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Part of me is wondering if I should be asking this, but...

What the fuck is elsagate?
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image