Kaiju Dreams

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Dreams

Post by Voyager »

Me and a girl got chased by a miniature Battra. We escaped and mocked how the lasers come from his eyes.
For Emperor and Empire!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I had one that combined Star Trek and Gamera. I can't recall that many details, but it had Gyaos loose on Bajor. Comm. Sisko goes to the planet to deal with the flying kaiju. Gyaos flies over a jungle, where there's a hammock between trees, and Sisko, along with armed Bajorans, drive it deeper into the jungle. That's all I remember.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I remember standing on a street corner when the building across the street started to shake violently like in an earthquake. Part of the top corner area of the building started to crack and fall away revealing a giant monstrous eye. However I dove into the closest doorway for safety before the rest of the monster was revealed. The eye was kind of Shin Godzilla-esque if I recall correctly.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

My dreams are completely unhinged, so if kaiju appear they usually show up and then disappear 5 seconds later to never be mentioned again. But occasionally I’ll have a more coherent dream that’s solely about kaiju. One of people waking me up to fight an army of humanoid monsters invading an apartment building I was in. After defeating them all, the entire town went outside only for Verokron from Ultraman Ace to show up and kill nearly everyone. I called out for Ultraman Taro to help, but he said that the radiation he emitted would kill everyone and more.

The second one, also starring Ultraman Taro, was me watching a low budget Ultraman Ginga movie from Thailand. Most of it was Halloween activities going on in a town before the dream took a sudden shift when a massive object fell from the sky. It hit an unpopulated area outside the town and the object turned into an even bigger monster. The monster was an original creation for the movie, and was mostly portrayed with a hand puppet of the head and neck resembling retro theropods. It was a light brown color and had a red spot on its head (possibly green as well?) with a translucent hexagon gem embedded within. The monster didn’t have arms or really even a body, its neck just getting increasingly thick until it reached the ground. Sometimes it had a tail, which was short and featureless. And for a single shot it had short, stubby legs at its base despite never walking. Anyway, when it appeared Ultraman Taro transformed to fight it. He was flying the whole time because this monster was insanely big, probably a thousand or so meters tall. For some reason Taro used Ultraseven’s Eye Slugger, but it harmlessly bounced off the monster’s head gem. I yelled for Taro to use the Emerium Ray (also not one of his attacks) but he never did and was defeated in a way I don’t remember. Then Ginga, who was watching the battle with a bunch of children, transformed to fight the monster himself. Ginga was portrayed entirely by stock footage, which was very noticeable because the environments were much different. The whole fight was Ginga charging a beam attack then destroying the monster with it. I think there was a brief beam clash where the monster used an orange beam, but I’m not sure. I don’t remember if Taro was stock footage or not, though he most likely was. I also think Taro and Ginga interacted in human form earlier on, but like many other things in this dream, I can’t remember. However I did remember the monster’s head puppet well enough to make a photo of what it looked like the next morning.

I also had a dream about Neon Genesis Evangelion involving The Simpsons that I don’t remember all that well, and I can’t find the notepad document I wrote about it. Along with that, I had a dream about an Ultraman series that doesn’t exist but it’s pretty long and I don’t feel like going into it.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

One from when I was younger involved a great monster war between all the good guys and the bad guys. The good guys were lead by Godzilla and the bad guys by Destoroyah. Every kaiju up until the MUTOs were there. It was crazy. I can’t remember much but I distinctly remember SpaceGodzilla exploding. His explosion caused such a large fireball and crater only one monster survived, that being Baragon.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:14 pm I had one that combined Star Trek and Gamera. I can't recall that many details, but it had Gyaos loose on Bajor. Comm. Sisko goes to the planet to deal with the flying kaiju. Gyaos flies over a jungle, where there's a hammock between trees, and Sisko, along with armed Bajorans, drive it deeper into the jungle. That's all I remember.
Sounds very cool, need that as a DS9 episode now. :o

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

New Ultraman Decker episode came out but for some reason, I must have skipped all the way to the next-episode preview. It starts off with the standard TsuPro city set being invaded by... Gigan? But not just any Gigan, no. This is Infinity Gigan, a new imaginary variant courtesy of my REM-sleeping brain! I remember how he looked really well. He was portrayed by the 2022 suit, which had its greens and golds repainted black and neon purple, respectively. His visor was also repainted in the latter color. Additionally, he was covered in black armor that I'm pretty sure was just Decker's chestplate molded to fit that body.

Anyways, there's no GUTS-SELECT to be seen in the video. It's just Decker and Infinity Gigan fighting. The only precise bit of choreography I remember is Decker firing the Selgend Ray to the right side of the screen. Except, the charge-up was a lot wispier and loosely-connected to his arms than it is in the show. And when it does get fired, it looks more like pink flame than the usual Ultraman ray effect. My guess is maybe, he had absorbed Infinity Gigan's energy? I think there was also a scene of Gigan charging up his Universal Cutter with that same energy so it probably is.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I was watching a teaser trailer for the GvK sequel. Instead of using actual movie footage, it was a CGI sequence made specifically for the trailer. Basically, the camera was aiming downward, flying over a large ship that may or may not have been damaged; I don't remember the details, but it was meant to be significant to the plot. Then the camera panned over the ocean for a while, and everywhere, spreading for miles across the surface, were Biollante vines that looked like raggedy, reddish sargassum seaweed. Godzilla was standing in the water at one point, but didn't do anything. Eventually the camera reached Biollante's Final Form body, which kind of looked like a retrosaur T. rex, nothing to do with the seaweed design of the vines. We zoomed in very close, and find that there's a very young human girl, maybe two or three years old, encased in a hollow within Biollante's torso/trunk/whatever, conscious and seemingly innocently happy. A tentacle or something was feeding her food of some sort. I guess it was supposed to be an Irys-type situation, where the monster and the girl are interconnected and it's not totally clear who is influencing whom, why, or to what extent. It all had a very ominous, grim kind of vibe, though.

A seaweed-based Biollante hadn't occurred to me before, but now that's exactly what I would want to see if she ever returns. A truly gigantic sea monster that's basically a living ecosystem, crawling out of the ocean and wreaking horrible vengeance on some coastal city.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Dreamt about what I assume was meant to be a GAK trailer two days ago. I recall it somewhat vividly save for some specific details, it was incredibly bombastic in scope yet at the same time also had some pretty dark presentations in there. Kong had a new less polished axe that he used to slam through a biblical horde of Skullcrawlers in a rather hellish looking HE chamber covered in purple glow patterns, Mark Russell was delivering some sort of speech in what I think was the UN wand it also showed a surprisingly Showa looking Gigan blazing his way through some city I couldn’t identify.

The main antagonist teased in the trailer was this scary as hell and ancient looking Leucistic member of Godzilla’s species. Looked a bit like the 2014 design except with longer and sharper claws and significantly taller plates. It was entirely white save for the eyes which had this almost piercing blue gaze to them, insanely creepy from what I recall. The trailer ended with a massive brawl between Godzilla proper and this bastard in Dubai, violent as hell- imagine two Grizzlies ripping at each other with neither backing down. At one point Godzilla tried to fire his beam but the white Godzilla just bit his throat and pushed him through the Burj Khalifa. Honestly might be the wildest Kaiju related dream I ever had lol.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I had a dream about scientists using Godzilla DNA to save the world. Starfish like kaiju that can fly and swim are wiping out cities, and scientists use Godzilla's DNA to make animal/Godzilla hybrids to kill them. There was a porcupine hybrid that would throw itself backwards to impale the starfish, a snail hybrid that spit fire, and a bee hybrid. There was a big battle between the porcupine and two starfish, and then the scene switched to the scientist watching it on tv. One had purple hair and bet on the porcupine to win.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Some giant alien dinosaur thing crash landed and started tearing up the town. Everything was messed up but for some reason people started blaming a small select few, including me, and was chasing us around town. Even after things cooled down some people were still trying to capture us or at least just treat us like crap. I may or may not have had some sort of super powers but I can't exactly remember. Still the monster and it's attack were only in the very first part of my dream. Couldn't even tell you what it looked like.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

TheLastGezora
G-Force Personnel

Post by TheLastGezora »

Sorry for not posting to this thread in a while, I haven't had many kaiju-related dreams lately. I do, however, have three dreams to share with you all today.

The First Dream

I had this first dream a few months ago. I didn't post about it when I had it because it's not actually a "kaiju dream." After I experienced the other two dreams, I realized that this one was at least somewhat relevant because it pertained to other kinds of cinema produced and distributed by Toho.

In this dream, I was at my grandparents' house, watching a non-existent, black and white Akira Kurosawa film from the 1950s called "RED SHOGUN." Despite the title, the movie was not set in Feudal Japan, although it was stylized in the way of Kurosawa's other films of that era. Instead, it was set during the Russo-Japanese war, or at least a fictionalized equivalent of it. The film starred Toshiro Mifune as a samurai/ronin, a "relic of a bygone era" out of place in a modernized Japan, and Akira Kubo as his young apprentice, who followed him in the hopes of learning the ancient art of the blade. The third star was a western actor, doubtlessly included in the dream due to American actors like Nick Adams or Russ Tamblyn appearing in Toho films, and it was specifically CLINT EASTWOOD playing an American cowboy. I don't know why he was participating in the Russo-Japanese war, but he was there nonetheless.

Unfortunately, I only remember seeing one scene from this movie, which depicted our protagonists fighting their way across a snowy battlefield at night. Curiously, they seemed to be fighting against both the Russian and the Japanese forces (The Japanese forces resembled feudal Ashigaru, which would be completely anachronistic, like everything else in this movie.) If I could make any movie I've dreamed about a reality, this would doubtlessly be the one just based on the premise. The idea of Mifune and Eastwood sharing the screen, under the direction of Kurosawa no less, is absolutely sublime.

The Second Dream

This next dream, like the one after it, happened last night. In the dream I was watching War of the Gargantuas (I saw this film for the first time recently), with some kind of weird DVD commentary. It showed a scene where Gaira was attacking this hotel at night. He started circling around the parking lot, but the film then paused and zoomed in on the roof of the hotel, focusing on a young man and woman. The commentator then began speaking, and explained that these two people weren’t extras, but were complete bystanders who saw Haruo Nakajima in costume and decided to play along. The film resumed and the two pointed and then ducked down, out of sight. Nakajima, as Gaira, then pointed at them as if to acknowledge them, like a rock star pointing at the audience during a concert.

Suddenly, instead of watching the movie, I was in the movie, and the danger became very real. A crowd of people had formed in the parking lot, and I was in the midst of them. This crowd made no effort to escape – I’d see Gaira reach down and grab people out of the crowd to eat them, and the crowd would scream, but they made no effort to escape. For whatever reason, I knew in my mind that I was the “hero” of the movie, and that I had to do something to stop Gaira, which I seemed to think I could accomplish by reaching the top floor of the hotel. I ran through the crowd to the front doors and stepped into the lobby. The lobby had a glass roof, and Gaira’s hand broke through it and tried to grab me, though I was able to narrowly dodge.

I woke up after this point, but it wasn’t morning yet. I fell back asleep, where I had the next dream I’m about to describe.

The Third Dream

I fell back asleep shortly after experiencing the previous dream, but I was not completely asleep. Instead, I entered a sort of restless “half-sleep” typical of an interrupted night. It is in these “half-sleeps”, close to waking up, that I feel I experience the most vivid dreams, and the dreams that I am most capable of recollecting. Unlike the last dream, which was more amusing than anything, I found this one to be more unsettling.

The opening part of the dream didn’t technically have anything to do with Godzilla, but it feels relevant. In this part, I was sitting in my house, or rather a version of my house that had been partially destroyed. It was dilapidated, with no roof and crumbling walls, and scrap metal had been strewn around it like a junkyard. My mother appeared and told me, quite casually, that “nuclear armageddon is supposed to happen any day now,” and then left. I sat in the ruins of the house, staring at a laptop that had apparently been destroyed by fire damage – it was blackened and charred – and contemplated what it would be like to die in a nuclear explosion. Would there be a flash of bright light and then nothingness? Or would you feel the burning?

The dream (thankfully) transitioned into a more normal setting, where I was in my regular, non-destroyed house preparing to view a film with my brother. The name of the film was Godzilla: Ao No Suzaki. I don’t know why this name stuck out to me so clearly in the dream, because I had no idea what it meant at the time. The bare minimum of google research after I woke up tells me that “Ao No Suzaki” roughly translates to “Blue Bell Tree”, which does not describe this film in the least, but then again I’m not sure what title could.

What is especially unusual is, in the dream, I seemed to be aware of the backstory of this film. In the late 1970s, an avant-garde and surrealist director who had been described as “The Alejandro Jodorowsky of Japan” was approached by Toho to direct a Godzilla film. This “Godzilla: Ao No Suzaki” was the intended product but filming abruptly stopped halfway through production for unknown reasons. The remaining footage was kept in a vault by Toho until the 1990s, when they attempted to reconstruct the film and release what existed of it to the public. This reconstruction was a limited release, vaunted by Kaiju fans as a rare item, and I considered it an incredible privilege to be able to view the film. My brother and I sat down and began to watch it.

The film opened up with a scene of a scientist in a rowboat in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by fog in all directions. He was apparently looking for something out there, but he couldn’t find it. A shape began to appear in the fog – it was Godzilla, swimming by like a crocodile, face-down with only his spines and tail visible. This Godzilla’s appearance was decidedly unusual. It looked like a traditional Godzilla design, but it was patterned with holes evenly spaced all over his body, like polka-dots. But these holes weren’t just holes, they were mouths- gaping, dark, toothless mouths all over his body. The scientist rowed closer to Godzilla’s tail, as apparently, he’d been looking for Godzilla. He got too close to one of the “mouths” on the tail, though, and the thing sucked him in and ate him, kicking and screaming. I found this part to be particularly nauseating and it quickly set the tone of the rest of the film.

An unseen narrator began speaking about how monsters started to appear all over the world, attacking cities for no reason. The film showed a run-down, grey city as he spoke. Rodan appeared over the horizon and destroyed the city by flying over it with his sonic wind. The scene changed to an interview with a “Kaiju attack survivor.” The man in question had been so utterly injured that he had been reduced to just a head, with nothing else attached. Except, bizarrely, he wasn’t just a head – he had somehow been turned into a balloon. He could still emote and speak, but he was just a balloon-head that bobbed around, with a string dangling below his neck. I know this sounds silly, and it is, but I found this imagery to be incredibly disturbing while I was experiencing the dream. My brother (who was sitting next to me, watching the film), on the other hand, began laughing hysterically as soon as he saw this – harder than I’d ever seen him laugh before, almost like he was possessed.

The balloon head man was being interviewed by the film’s two point-of-view characters. One of these characters was a Japanese scientist with a wife and young son. In hindsight, he was incredibly similar, in both appearance and characterization to Doctor Yano from Godzilla vs. Hedorah, which leads me to believe that my subconscious mind just entirely recreated the character from my memory. The other was an American, anachronistically played by actor Jesse Plemons, most famous for portraying the character of Todd in Breaking Bad and who wouldn’t have even been born at the time this film was made. As for the interview, no dialogue was actually audible during the scene. You could see the characters asking the balloon head man questions, and him responding in turn, but all the speaking audio was extremely muffled, as if heard through a thick wall. After the interview, the character played by Plemons walked out of the hospital and climbed into the seat of a pickup truck, where he began laughing maniacally. The unseen narrator spoke again, saying words that stuck out quite clearly in my mind: “That’s when they started to appear.”

The film then showed us exactly what he meant by “they”- entities referred to as “The Islands.” I say entities, because these “islands” were alive. Imagine a typical small island in the South Pacific with all the sand, rocky outcroppings, and jungle foliage you would expect, but imagine it’s also dotted with mountainous tumors, pools of blood, and lakes of pus. From a distance, you could mistake it for any other island, but up close it is clearly a living, breathing, indescribable thing. It’s not attached to the seafloor either- it’s floating, drifting slowly through the ocean like a colossal, abominable jellyfish. At first, only one of these was discovered, but the narrator noted that soon more were found.

Apparently, according to this film’s canon, these “islands” were incredibly ancient, and the kaiju of this world evolved from them. So Godzilla, Rodan, etc. used to be these strange, living islands, but evolved into more “adaptable” forms, becoming the monsters we know them as today, whereas other islands stayed stagnant and retained their original forms. The next scene showed the scientist character, who appeared previously, holding a press conference. At this press conference, he declared that he intends to build a dwelling on one of these islands and live on it with his family to study it more closely. The uneasy feeling I’d experienced for the whole dream intensified into outright dread. I knew that whatever was going to happen to this scientist and his family on the island, I did NOT want to see it, because the possibilities seemed so horrifying. I turned to my brother and began demanding that he turn the movie off, but he didn’t react at all. We continued.

The next scene showed a different group of scientists, who had discovered a new kind of slime mold and wanted to use it “uncover the secret of the kaiju.” To this end, they set the slime mold, a stringy substance, onto a flat surface with a bunch of pins sticking out of it, to create a sort of “pin and thread” picture. The slime mold begins wrapping itself around the pins until it has formed the bizarre and disturbing image of an evil face with a huge, maniacal grin. It looked a little like the Joker’s face, and all the scientists gasped and backed away after they saw it. The next part showed an image of that same face floating over a city, slowly moving through it, towards the camera, like a ghost. As it moved, any building near it instantly exploded. I had the idea that the picture of the face was some kind of primordial “brown note” that destroyed any civilization it came into contact with, but that was the last thing I remember thinking before I woke up.

The unsettled feeling persisted after I awoke, and I couldn’t help but feel like what I experienced felt more like a “bad trip” than anything. However, the more time that passed, the more I wished I could have dreamt longer. While there wasn’t much of substance in the dream, the bizarre and vivid imagery I witnessed conjured a depiction of a very unique world. Still, this is one of those instances where I’m very glad that a film like this doesn’t actually exist.
Beef Bigshot wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
Im to scared to talk to my comic book store guy. I dont know why but i have this strange feeling that he is secretly plotting against me...
Most comic store owners are pretty chill. Just say hey hows it going chit chat for 5 min then ask about how the godzilla comics are. Don't be afraid to talk to them :D
naw man, I can see murder in his eyes dude. I swear!

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Bringing this back because a recent KWC match may have helped inspire it.

Some teens are playing a VR game where they pilot mechs. These mechs are capable of transforming into vehicles and have weapons, like a shield attached to ones arm. They fight kaiju in a futuristic looking city. One of them encounters and fights Peguila.