Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Re: Hiya Toys 1/12 Godzilla

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

I am still debating on geting rodan due to his bendy wings but base on the photos he saw of him he looks like the wire are better than the jurassic world amber collection pteranodon. So I might get rodan idk yet. Any ideal when ghidorah will able to be pre order and any guess on his price will be . I think 95 to 130 price range.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I love the bendy wires. So many dynamic poses to make with this Rodan. Just the sculpt and paint itself makes it worth it.
:terrestris:

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Caved in on Rodan. Looking forward to bringing this into my Monsterverse diorama.

Will hold back my hype for the Hiya Ghidorah until we see more pictures. I have my SCV Monsterarts, so another KoTM Ghidorah sounds a bit much for my shelves.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

I just hope these are quality bendy wires. I don’t want the wings to snap on me and get all floppy or unposable.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Thinking about pre-ordering Rodan as well. Never ended up getting either the Neca or the SH MonsterArts one. Even though I have both the normal and the SCV KOTM Ghidorah, I am tempted to get this as well, since so far, the accuracy looks top notch, at least with the head sculpt.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Image\

Ah, starting to smell good in the HIYA kitchen.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

Where was this? I can’t find it on their Twitter or Instagram page?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Havoks wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:31 am Where was this? I can’t find it on their Twitter or Instagram page?
Got posted on a few servers. Might not be legit. Didn't realize that when I posted.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I can confirm the photo is legit - Hiya posted it as a teaser ahead of the official reveal that they had gotten the MonsterVerse license way back when. So, it's nothing new.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:56 am Image\

Ah, starting to smell good in the HIYA kitchen.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

A collector on Facebook recieved a concerning email from Hiya Toys directly, regarding the brief window Godzilla 2021 was back in stock:
Dear Hiya Fans. Due to technical reasons, the reservation for Godzilla was opened by mistake. The reality is that Godzilla is out of stock and will not be produced again. We are now giving you a full refund, please accept our sincerest apologies.
:|

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

That's really disappointing. Was hoping for another chance on that figure as I missed out.
Last edited by Gojira95 on Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Havoks
Interpol Agent

Post by Havoks »

I’m the type to pre-order shit right away so I’m glad did that with the Hiya stuff. Sucks that there won’t be a second wave and for those who didn’t get it. I’d assume the reason would have to be down with the license agreement. Once KG is up I’m getting it for my pile of loot right away.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I don't want to come off like a snobby asshole, because not everyone has been in the game for as long as many of us. However, I don't quite understand the outrage about this thing being out of stock. I'm not sure what Hiya's attitude is with second or third releases, but this isn't exactly new. I'm hoping, for the sake of those who missed out and because screw scalpers, that they do do more runs of this. But I don't find anything out of the ordinary here.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Maybe people are finally getting sick of the "order this right now or fuck you" aspect of this hobby.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Folks want their figure. Don't see what the gloating is all about.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

If something goes out if stock as quick as Godzilla did I don't know why a 2nd run isn't issued, clearly the figure is popular.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

KingKaiju wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:01 pm I don't want to come off like a snobby asshole, because not everyone has been in the game for as long as many of us. However, I don't quite understand the outrage about this thing being out of stock. I'm not sure what Hiya's attitude is with second or third releases, but this isn't exactly new. I'm hoping, for the sake of those who missed out and because screw scalpers, that they do do more runs of this. But I don't find anything out of the ordinary here.
They just did a press release about how their Godzilla products have been a smash hit, and despite people ordering this mistaken Godzilla reissue, Hiya doesn't seem to want to (or perhaps they are unable to) strike while the iron is hot and release more product into the market to meet demand. Saying it's nothing out of the ordinary doesn't stop it from being a wildly anti-consumer move.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:03 pm Maybe people are finally getting sick of the "order this right now or fuck you" aspect of this hobby.
Definitely that. I hate when it feels like I'm forced to collect a thing ASAP. It sucks when other companies do it, and it’s not great here. Holding onto hope that Hiya will do a second run of Godzilla.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I recall them saying we'd get a Atomic Breath verint of their Godzilla figure so my hope is that they put the brakes on the standard reissue to sell the upcoming variant.