Latest Purchases Thread

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Re: Latest Purchases Thread

Post by mikelcho »

I just bought a DVD of the TV film Frankenstein: The True Story today.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Dragonball Super manga Vol.17
Disturbed - Divisive CD
Mesozoic Art
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Warric01
Young Farmer

Post by Warric01 »

My wife asked me to get something from Amazon for her because she doesn't have a prime account, whereas I have. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, the day before she departs on a trip later this week.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:05 pm I just bought a DVD of the TV film Frankenstein: The True Story today.
It just arrived in the mail today.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Warric01 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:00 pm My wife asked me to get something from Amazon for her because she doesn't have a prime account, whereas I have. It's scheduled to arrive tomorrow, the day before she departs on a trip later this week.
And what was it?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

The new House of Terrors Blu-ray, via Amazon. Should be here any minute.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Thanks to the BBTS clearance sale.....

The Art of Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
Bandai MMS Neronga 2022 (Clear Version)
Evil Dead 2 shirt.

RIP Evan.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

On Wednesday, I bought an all-new release of Mendal W. Johnson's first, last and only horror novel (and novel, period) Let's Go Play at the Adams'. This release is from the print-on-demand horror novel line Paperbacks from Hell and is the first time it's been in print since the 1970s. I can't wait to get reaquainted with it!
Last edited by mikelcho on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Sonic Mania Plus for PlayStation 4.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Monday I purchased the game Death in the Water 2 on Steam. I played it for a bit and for being made by two people they did a damn good job. After I finish Ys 8 I might go through that until RE4 Remake comes out.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Yesterday I got the 3-ring binder for the 1994 Skybox trading card series Batman: Saga of the Dark Knight and placed said series into it.
Last edited by mikelcho on Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Got quite a few things the past week including:

-Two Switch Voucher packs which I used to get Pokemon Scarlet, The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, Xenoblade Chronicles 3 and Bayonetta 3.
-Metroid Prime Remastered for Switch
-Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe for Xbox Series X
-27" LG OLED Gaming Monitor for the PC, it'll be here next week.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

BumbleBee
Ronin

Post by BumbleBee »

In the case of the Charizard card (from etsy), it's actually an elaborate replica which was my best option seeing as how the real thing doesn't exactly come cheap.
It's understandable that you would opt for a replica Charizard card from Etsy, especially if the authentic card is out of your budget. However, it's important to note that replica cards can vary greatly in quality, and some sellers may even try to pass them off as authentic.

When purchasing a replica card, it's important to do your research and read reviews of the seller and the product before making a purchase. It's also important to make sure that the replica card is not being sold as an authentic card, as this is not only illegal but can also lead to disappointment and loss of money.

In general, it's always best to buy Pokemon cards from reputable sources and sellers to ensure the authenticity and quality of the product.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

BumbleBee wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 8:07 pm

In the case of the Charizard card (from etsy), it's actually an elaborate replica which was my best option seeing as how the real thing doesn't exactly come cheap.
It's understandable that you would opt for a replica Charizard card from Etsy, especially if the authentic card is out of your budget. However, it's important to note that replica cards can vary greatly in quality, and some sellers may even try to pass them off as authentic.

When purchasing a replica card, it's important to do your research and read reviews of the seller and the product before making a purchase. It's also important to make sure that the replica card is not being sold as an authentic card, as this is not only illegal but can also lead to disappointment and loss of money.

In general, it's always best to buy Pokemon cards from reputable sources and sellers to ensure the authenticity and quality of the product.
Well, I can definitely say that in this case, the card I got could easily pass for the real thing which means my money wasn't wasted and the seller was on the level.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

The Criterion Collection's Blu-ray releases of "The 39 Steps", "The Last Temptation of Christ", "Ugetsu", "Stagecoach", "Things to Come", "Police Story 1 and 2", "Come and See" and "Raging Bull".

Neptunia: Sisters vs. Sisters for PS5.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I recently bought the novel Ratman's Notebooks by Stephen Gilbert.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

Got my Easter dessert from Walgreens yesterday:

Last edited by Leviarex on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Just got Godzilla Rivals: round One from my comic book store and loved it!

Can't wait for Round Two and All Hail the King!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Figuarts Dragonball Z Turles has already arrived

Ordered
Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Metroid Prime: Remastered
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A book that any Kong fan worth his or her salt should have in their personal library (from pspublishing.co.uk):

The synopsis:

90 YEARS AGO, the classic Hollywood monster movie King Kong was released. What most people do not realise is that much of the film was the brainchild of best-selling British mystery writer Edgar Wallace (1875–1932). Known as the “King of Thrillers”, Wallace was an incredibly prolific and influential writer who moved to California in the early 1930s, where he was employed at RKO Radio Pictures. He was working on the initial drafts of Kong when he died unexpectedly, at the age of fifty-six, just two months into pre-production.

For decades, Wallace’s contribution to the film has been consistently down-played. Now, with the publication of Kong: An Original Screenplay, we can finally see how Wallace’s substantial draft script prefigures much of the narrative structure and more important themes found in the final film. It also depicts many of the production’s key scenes, while also including several epic sequences that were never used.

With an historical Introduction by multiple award-winning editor Stephen Jones, Wallace’s personal copy of his original draft script with his own corrections and interpolations, a boys’ story-paper adaptation of the film, preliminary production stills and art-work, and a colour portfolio of King Kong posters from around the world, Kong: An Original Screenplay finally gives Edgar Wallace the credit he deserves as the “Man Who Created Kong”!