The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Sub-Forum for the K.W.C.E. All discussion regarding it goes here.
godjacob
Futurian

Re: The Official Kaiju War Chronicles Expanded General Discussion Thread

Post by godjacob »

Random hypothetical question, for a Kiryu vs. Ghost Godzilla match...is that even possible? Since technically both have the same spirit acting as their "base"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm Random hypothetical question, for a Kiryu vs. Ghost Godzilla match...is that even possible? Since technically both have the same spirit acting as their "base"
I mean, someone on the match request thread suggested Godzilla 54 vs. Ghost Godzilla, said they became two different entities because a lightning bolt struck Godzilla and split his physical form with his spirit.. And absolutely no one came in and objected.

I dunno. If that gets a pass, Kiryu vs. Ghost Godzilla should be able to work somehow. :lol:

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:57 pm
godjacob wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 pm Random hypothetical question, for a Kiryu vs. Ghost Godzilla match...is that even possible? Since technically both have the same spirit acting as their "base"
I mean, someone on the match request thread suggested Godzilla 54 vs. Ghost Godzilla, said they became two different entities because a lightning bolt struck Godzilla and split his physical form with his spirit.. And absolutely no one came in and objected.

I dunno. If that gets a pass, Kiryu vs. Ghost Godzilla should be able to work somehow. :lol:
I love the imagination here lol

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

There I sat, drafting ideas for Tusselladd vs. Siren Head and thn I was already practically beat to the punch with Jotnar vs. Siren Head :lol: I'm glad I saw that.
Resized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

I think in this situation, both can exist because they both exist by the skeleton. And keep in mind too that Kiryu is operated by the DNA computer, so how much of said DNA computer is the "real" Godzilla can fall into subjectivity.

Admittedly, the KWCE did expend a couple of creative liberties with Ghost in terms of how the character was originally presented; for the original Ghost was 50 meters, which that part wouldn't make sense given that Kiryu exists. So the 50 meters had to be bumped up. That said, there is fluidity with that, so. :shrug:
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

kaijufanforever
G-Force Personnel

Post by kaijufanforever »

So the FAQ mentioned you can request a combatant card, so if it's it's not to much to ask, I would like to request a card for Alien Reflect

GodzillaFan8889
GPN Volunteer

Post by GodzillaFan8889 »

I remember seeing a card for Grim Matchstick from Cuphead, but recently I haven’t been able to find it. Whatever happened to it?
Guy who does stuff, also a KWC/KWCE writer! :D

I go by he/him

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

A little thought just came to me:

Should a chapter system be implemented into the KWCE as well? One of these days, someone might write a match that is much longer-than-average and very story-driven, and it might serve said story if there was a chapter system to support it.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:58 pm A little thought just came to me:

Should a chapter system be implemented into the KWCE as well? One of these days, someone might write a match that is much longer-than-average and very story-driven, and it might serve said story if there was a chapter system to support it.
I think they already said a chapter system would come at some point.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Does anyone know who made the card for Grim Matchstick? And to whoever did, do you still have it, please send it my way. To answer your question GodzillaFan8889, I have no clue where it went.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

On the subject of missing cards, I don't know if he had one but it got lost in the shuffle somewhere, or if he somehow never had one to begin with, but Gororin's card is missing as well. I checked the 'G' gallery like two or three times just to make sure I wasn't missing it and it is not there.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

GodzillaFan8889 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:51 pm I remember seeing a card for Grim Matchstick from Cuphead, but recently I haven’t been able to find it. Whatever happened to it?
TitanoGoji16 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:48 am On the subject of missing cards, I don't know if he had one but it got lost in the shuffle somewhere, or if he somehow never had one to begin with, but Gororin's card is missing as well. I checked the 'G' gallery like two or three times just to make sure I wasn't missing it and it is not there.
Both of these combatants have been added back to the G album. Where they went in the first place, no clue, but it’s fixed now.
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Atomic Leviathan from Maneater and the Crocosquid from the SCP Foundation have been added to the roster alongside the new match.

Neronga’s card will also be updated when Imgur stops being stupid. So if you see Neronga’s card missing, do not panic, it is intentional and will be replaced.
Last edited by GodzillavsRayquaza on Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KWCE Administrator

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Don't worry, guys, Neronga's card isn't gone - it just turned invisible.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Spoiler:
Seeing one of the new Bad Batch episodes, Zillo Beast might need some changes, he got some new shit.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Boy it's sure dead around these parts!

Is there a list of kaiju in a simple text format, for use in a spreadsheet? While the cards are cool, I'd like to sort the kaiju in an easier fashion.
Resized Image

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:39 pm Boy it's sure dead around these parts!

Is there a list of kaiju in a simple text format, for use in a spreadsheet? While the cards are cool, I'd like to sort the kaiju in an easier fashion.
The randomizer should have most of them, though not all on account of it not having been updated in a while.
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Hello everyone! I have an Announcement to make.

Match 100 of the KWCE is being pushed to the end of the month, instead of the 15th. This is because it is still being worked on, and is a very hefty match, being written by people who are very busy with life being life. Look forward to it regardless, I assure you it will be a surprise ;)
KWCE Administrator

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:08 pm Hello everyone! I have an Announcement to make.

Match 100 of the KWCE is being pushed to the end of the month, instead of the 15th. This is because it is still being worked on, and is a very hefty match, being written by people who are very busy with life being life. Look forward to it regardless, I assure you it will be a surprise ;)
Hey, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:08 pm Hello everyone! I have an Announcement to make.

Take all the time you need, never rush these things and sure it will come out strong~