TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Re: TRANSFORMERS: The Thread

Post by EarthNeronga »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:35 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:19 pm Hey everyone question?

Who do you think was the most wasted autobot and decepticon in the Live Action Transformers movies?
Autobot? Que/Wheeljack. Unpopular opinion but I liked Que well enough as his own guy.

'Con would EASILY be Soundwave.

Edit: gonna actually change the deception to Blitzwing.
Blitzwing was pretty cool; Wish they used his G1 colors though but Soundwave really didnt have a epic fight and he was pretty forgettable since his design wasnt that awsome blue and yellow and his voice was weird and shouldve been like how his voice was in bumblebee

but I think Arcee and jazz were wasted since Arcee is a iconic character and was killed off too quickly and didnt even do much due to the fact MB doesnt care about her. Also Jazz should lived longer since he only appeared in one movie and shouldve done more in it
Showa Goji best Godzilla

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Who do you think was the most wasted autobot and decepticon in the Live Action Transformers movies?
2007 has a nice balance but it all goes to hell starting with ROTF.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

tbeasley wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:55 pm

2007 has a nice balance but it all goes to hell starting with ROTF.
No soundwave,Arcee Of wheelJack thou
Showa Goji best Godzilla

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

EarthNeronga wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:17 pmNo soundwave,Arcee Of wheelJack thou
Transformers 2007 works (if you can call it that) because it's not too overcrowded, you know who everyone is. ROTF onward is just throwing way too many half-baked versions of characters at us.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

tbeasley wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:02 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:17 pmNo soundwave,Arcee Of wheelJack thou
Transformers 2007 works (if you can call it that) because it's not too overcrowded, you know who everyone is. ROTF onward is just throwing way too many half-baked versions of characters at us.
Yes But Arcee and Soundwave shouldve been in it. Maybe add another 20 or maybe cut out some of the jokes to establish the characters. I mean Soundwave is the most beloved Decepticon (as well as shockwave,Megatron,starscream and devestator) and Arcee Shouldve been in the movie still instead of being replaced by Ironhide

wheel jack. Your right about him he shouldve been in TF2 Instead though. Maybe with his G1 Accurate Design and head instead of the weird face he has. Plus ROTF gave us Sideswipe
Showa Goji best Godzilla

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

Another day goes by where I just sit around waiting for HasTak to reissue Siege Springer without battle damage as a Studio Series release because I missed him the first time around.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DrBreakfastMachine wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:54 pm Another day goes by where I just sit around waiting for HasTak to reissue Siege Springer without battle damage as a Studio Series release because I missed him the first time around.
We're getting a new Leader Springer in Studio Series next year or so according to listings. And honestly, you didn't miss much with Siege Springer, he's kind of a fiddly mess.

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

He's the most screen accurate Springer so far so I really want him for my TF The Movie shelf. I wonder if the new one is a new mold or just the Siege one with some extra accessories like SS Starscream.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

DrBreakfastMachine wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:50 am He's the most screen accurate Springer so far so I really want him for my TF The Movie shelf. I wonder if the new one is a new mold or just the Siege one with some extra accessories like SS Starscream.
Most likely a new mold as I can't imagine any new accessories that could go with him.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

DrBreakfastMachine wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 9:50 am He's the most screen accurate Springer so far so I really want him for my TF The Movie shelf. I wonder if the new one is a new mold or just the Siege one with some extra accessories like SS Starscream.
It'll most likely be a new mold, Hasbro has made just about every '86 figure a new mold (besides Starscream and Arcee being retools, Buzzworthy Bumblebee repaints, and the obvious retools/repaints of '86 original molds: Sweeps, Junkheap, Ratchet, and Frenzy). Ironhide and Ultra Magnus could have easily been repaints of their Earthrise/Kingdom toys since they're not too old, but they're brand new. Considering Springer is slightly older than them, I could absolutely see them making a whole new mold for him.

I can't really see any accessories he'd come with to excuse the increase in size class, unless he comes with the big cannon he used to shoot Devastator with (if they do that, then they better make an '86 Devastator).

Kinda sucks that I got the Wreck 'N Rule figure early this year though...
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

New to the TF thread but I learned they’re turning 40 this year; apparently Takara is doing an “updated” version of the original figure from the 80s, complete with die cast parts and new box art from the same illustrator as the original. Would be cool if this line continues but I guess we’ll see; I missed all those Wal-Mart reissues several years back so might hop on this if I get rid of enough stuff.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

There's also leaked listings of a cartoon-colored release of the original G1 figure and its trailer, that's another one to keep an eye out for if you want the original tooling.

The Missing Link one looks fantastic, excited for that.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:23 pm There's also leaked listings of a cartoon-colored release of the original G1 figure and its trailer, that's another one to keep an eye out for if you want the original tooling.
That sounds cool; do you have a link to the pics? I've been holding off with the notion that they've been doing reissues of the Beast Wars as well; I'd love the original Optimus but am mostly waiting to see if they'll ever get around to reissuing the figures I remember having as a kid.

I was reading up on if there'd be an upgraded Megatron in the Missing Link line before I learned how controversial the original toy was (totally forgot that his other form was a gun :shock:). I think my understanding is that Takara could make one if they wanted and it would be no real issue in Japan, but it would be incredibly difficult to import that kind of product to the US and legitimately impossible to import it to Australia. Kind of a bummer but understandable!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Creature22 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:01 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:23 pm There's also leaked listings of a cartoon-colored release of the original G1 figure and its trailer, that's another one to keep an eye out for if you want the original tooling.
That sounds cool; do you have a link to the pics? I've been holding off with the notion that they've been doing reissues of the Beast Wars as well; I'd love the original Optimus but am mostly waiting to see if they'll ever get around to reissuing the figures I remember having as a kid.
No pics yet, just a listing with price and info. It'll be in the style of the more recent "Retro" reissues, so something like this:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Was able to grab Studio Series 86 Slag and Sludge, one on BBTS and the other off Amazon. Been wanting to grab the line for awhile but they're usually either out of stock or going for twice their value.

GodzillavsZilla
Administrator
Administrator

Post by GodzillavsZilla »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:41 am Was able to grab Studio Series 86 Slag and Sludge, one on BBTS and the other off Amazon. Been wanting to grab the line for awhile but they're usually either out of stock or going for twice their value.
Nice! I've been wanting to get Slag forever, but it's been so overpriced due to scalpers, I'm happy they've reissued it, but I had no idea that BBTS has it in now, I'll have to order it soon! Technically, it'll be the last Dinobot I need until they finally get Swoop out, and the only way I had to get a Grimlock was through the Toxitron line with an unfitting (but really cool) color scheme.

Also, it's been confirmed from a designer that there will be weekly reveal streams in March, and pre-orders for wave 2 of Legacy United will also be in March!
https://twitter.com/HailKingCrimson/sta ... 76551?s=19
Last edited by GodzillavsZilla on Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrashAlaskan95 wrote:
UltramanGoji wrote:I hope you plan on mounting this thing. :lol:
On my wall. ;)
I'll call it "Bob: The One Who Was skreeonk From The Start". :lol:
skreeonk scary shit though if it is just scratches.
Zilla103192 wrote:She saw Godzilla fly... And just gave up. She called bullshit, broke up with me, and just left.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

According to recent leaks Studio Series 86 Grimlock will be reissued in 2025.

Omegamorph
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegamorph »

Recently got MPM Blackout and he's my boyfriend now
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:47 pm With this being an Oscar for best visual effects you can also joke and say Godzilla really did win the oscar.