Mezco Godzilla Toys

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
JVM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Mezco Godzilla Toys

Post by JVM »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:57 am I'm really confused at what people's problem with the price of these toys are? With the Mechagodzilla set you're getting three monsters and multiple effects parts for every figure. For all that BBTS is asking $65. Considering the price of Godzilla crap these days I feel like you're getting a lot for a bargain here.

I dont get it.
I feel pretty certain this comment was aimed at me. I wasn't trying to comment on some objective measure of value for price. It was intended to be a compliment to the effect of 'if I could start over, I'd buy these instead'. I didn't meant to imply anything was poorly valued or overpriced and I thought I conveyed that but apparently not since many users in this thread seem upset and frustrated.

I was going to edit the previous post but apparently we can't do that after twenty four hours now?
Last edited by JVM on Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:46 pm
Well, with Varan you could have him standing, crawling, and in glide form. I'd spend $60 on 4 Varan poses. :P
You and me both :pelops2:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

CyberZilla wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:14 pm
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:46 pm
Well, with Varan you could have him standing, crawling, and in glide form. I'd spend $60 on 4 Varan poses. :P
You and me both :pelops2:
:shock:

Well, if you get those, I think the rest of us will have gotten everything by then! :)

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

Entertainment Earth has the DAM sets for $36 a piece right now. If anyone is on the fence, now is the time to scoop them!
Last edited by Fermix on Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I hate that my paycheck is towards the beginning of the week. Means I almost never have money left over for Black Friday unless I specifically save in advance for it.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Fermix wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:47 am Entertainment Earth has the DAM sets for $36 a piece right now. If anyone is on the fence, now is the time to scoop them!
Good heavens. That's cheap enough to be worth buying multiples and testing one's customization skills.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Fermix wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:47 am Entertainment Earth has the DAM sets for $36 a piece right now. If anyone is on the fence, now is the time to scoop them!
Thanks, ordered round 1 to complete my set. Can’t just ignore a deal like that!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

I saw two sealed (yet slightly battered) translucent GvKG sets at St Mark's comics in Brooklyn, and walked out with the better of the two. I knew I had to get it eventually. Loving the KG in that color.

sphyrna18
Ronin

Post by sphyrna18 »

Has Mezco indicated in any way that they are continuing their 5 Pts. XL Godzilla figures after the G vs. MG set? I'm really loving these sets and hope we get one for GTTHM, Invasion of Astro-Monster, G's Revenge, GRA, G vs. Gigan, & TOMG. I have not watched G's Revenge in years, but isn't there stock footage of Manda, Ebirah, Kumonga, and Kamacuras? It would be epic if they would finish the DAM roster, but if not, maybe they could feature the missing monsters in other sets based on stock footage.... I am desperate for them to do GTTHM and Invasion of Astro-Monster.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

I'd hate for them to do a DAM Manda, but that's probably more likely than them doing an Atragon set. I'd love if they did one, though.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

sphyrna18 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:42 pm Has Mezco indicated in any way that they are continuing their 5 Pts. XL Godzilla figures after the G vs. MG set? I'm really loving these sets and hope we get one for GTTHM, Invasion of Astro-Monster, G's Revenge, GRA, G vs. Gigan, & TOMG. I have not watched G's Revenge in years, but isn't there stock footage of Manda, Ebirah, Kumonga, and Kamacuras? It would be epic if they would finish the DAM roster, but if not, maybe they could feature the missing monsters in other sets based on stock footage.... I am desperate for them to do GTTHM and Invasion of Astro-Monster.
My one request is that an Invasion of Astro-Monster set includes swappable arms and legs and a stand for Godzilla, to recreate his victory dance. That alone would get me to preorder it.

Resized Image

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I'm not expecting another set that has King Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra in it. I'm just not. I dont see it happening. I think if there's going to be another set, it's most likely going to be Godzilla vs Megalon. Next likely after that is Son of Godzilla. After that it's tough because they'd be double dipping on a majority of the monsters, even if the designs are different.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:43 pm I'm not expecting another set that has King Ghidorah, Rodan and Mothra in it. I'm just not. I dont see it happening. I think if there's going to be another set, it's most likely going to be Godzilla vs Megalon. Next likely after that is Son of Godzilla. After that it's tough because they'd be double dipping on a majority of the monsters, even if the designs are different.
Mezco can make repaints profitable. Folks know by now the sculpts and tooling is fantastic for the scale, and I have no doubt that sofubi-level variety of each mold would sell long enough and even past their start of doing Heisei stuff. Long enough until straight reissues are salable again anyhow.

Look, I love the translucent GxKG set. If they do more of that (especially GITD), I'd be all over it.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Sounds like we're getting a new reveal next week. I would assume it is a Godzilla reveal, its been much too long since the last.

https://blog.mezcotoyz.com/fan-feature- ... u-edition/

The snail pace of this line has been disappointing, but at least things might be finally moving forward. Honestly hoping for a Son of Godzilla or Ebirah, Horror of the Deep set first and foremost, but I'll take a Vs. Megalon reveal if we get one. Can't imagine it not being one of those three.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:53 pm Sounds like we're getting a new reveal next week. I would assume it is a Godzilla reveal, its been much too long since the last.

https://blog.mezcotoyz. com/fan-feature-friday-129-kaiju-edition/

The snail pace of this line has been disappointing, but at least things might be finally moving forward. Honestly hoping for a Son of Godzilla or Ebirah, Horror of the Deep set first and foremost, but I'll take a Vs. Megalon reveal if we get one. Can't imagine it not being one of those three.
I might as well give them my money now.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Isnt that super big Godzilla figure supposed to be coming out around now?

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Shenanigans wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:53 pm Sounds like we're getting a new reveal next week. I would assume it is a Godzilla reveal, its been much too long since the last.

Two sets a year sounds reasonable to me

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:23 am

Two sets a year sounds reasonable to me
But are we even getting ANYTHING this year aside from the MG set? These things seem to take a year from reveal to release.

StardustGenius
JXSDF Technician

Post by StardustGenius »

Either of those sets sound good, but I think a VS Megalon set has the most potential for excitement and sales. I have no idea on how well these sets have been selling. If they're underperforming then maybe that's why they've slowed down.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

StardustGenius wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:21 am Either of those sets sound good, but I think a VS Megalon set has the most potential for excitement and sales. I have no idea on how well these sets have been selling. If they're underperforming then maybe that's why they've slowed down.
Megalon makes the most sense as a new set.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?