Your first Godzilla related toy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Creature22
EDF Instructor

Re: Your first Godzilla related toy?

Post by Creature22 »

G1985 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pmCartoony as heck, but I loved that figure (had the green one with silver plates myself). I wished the rest of the Trendmasters sculpts had looked as good as this one did!
My favorite was the 10” Mechagodzilla. It had an extra back plate to attach the Garuda. I remember getting him and Godzilla for Christmas and they carried me for many years after. :huge:

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Creature22 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:19 am
G1985 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:02 pmCartoony as heck, but I loved that figure (had the green one with silver plates myself). I wished the rest of the Trendmasters sculpts had looked as good as this one did!
My favorite was the 10” Mechagodzilla. It had an extra back plate to attach the Garuda. I remember getting him and Godzilla for Christmas and they carried me for many years after. :huge:
That was Trendmasters' best figure. But the entire thing (not the Garuda but MG himself) was totally copied from a Bandai electronic toy. I wonder what the legal logistics of that were. Their 4" MG was also copied from a Bandai.

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:55 am... the entire thing (not the Garuda but MG himself) was totally copied from a Bandai electronic toy. I wonder what the legal logistics of that were. Their 4" MG was also copied from a Bandai.
The "Versus" 4" figures of Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Mecha King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla were all modified copies of Bandai's "Big Scale" (later "Hyper") boxed candy toy figures. Their parts are even interchangeable with the Japanese originals!

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:55 am... the entire thing (not the Garuda but MG himself) was totally copied from a Bandai electronic toy. I wonder what the legal logistics of that were. Their 4" MG was also copied from a Bandai.
The "Versus" 4" figures of Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Mecha King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla were all modified copies of Bandai's "Big Scale" (later "Hyper") boxed candy toy figures. Their parts are even interchangeable with the Japanese originals!

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Imperial (Small), then, discovering the Moon Monsters ink stamper KOs of the Popy/Yutaka keshi figures. I emptied that vending machine within a couple weeks as a kid. It's all downhill from there. I've got SHMA pouring out of the closet. :mrgreen: