What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Re: What are your Godzilla 'Holy Grails'? 2022 edition

Post by Executive Hamster »

I have now discovered the existence of a 3 foot tall Godzilla 1998 puppet thanks to MIB, so obviously I want it.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:16 am I have now discovered the existence of a 3 foot tall Godzilla 1998 puppet thanks to MIB, so obviously I want it.
:lol: I notice that every time MIB sheds light on a rare or obscure product the price shoots up with the increased amount of awareness/demand. I didn’t know about the 3 foot one either- I figured they were all the same full-body puppet.

I’d imagine that thing would be the worst to ship!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Well, since USUALLY when I post a figure here, I end up getting it not long after, Im gonna say that right now my grail is the Godzilla Forever series glitter Godzilla.

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Well, now that I have my big, posable, bright gold Ghidorah, and Rose Biollante's going to be a real thing. I'm now wondering what's next. I have Hedorah on order, so that's not a 'grail' anymore either. I'm still waffling on Super7's Mechagodzilla. It's big enough to work with my Music Box Godzilla, it's a lot cheaper than the MonsterArts one, too. But I have so MUCH 'upright dinosaur' looking stuff, and limited space. I'm wondering it I should just wait for Orga or Megalon. Just buying something to buy it is not a viable option right now.
Last edited by Platypus Prime on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Executive Hamster wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:32 am Well, since USUALLY when I post a figure here, I end up getting it not long after, Im gonna say that right now my grail is the Godzilla Forever series glitter Godzilla.

It's a beauty for sure. Grail of Bandai Gojis perhaps.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

If yall haven't noticed the trend, usually once I start saying "this figure is my grail" I end up miraculously getting one not very long afterwards. Maybe then this is cheating, as I already found a listing that I've been watching, but I've always really wanted a Gigabrain Gigan. If anything just because of the GvMegalon suit, which is slightly different from the standard gigan suit. Anyway, yes, Gigabrain Gigan. I've wanted one for a very long time and chances are when I get paid, probably Friday since Christmas is coming that weekend, I'm gonna try and snag it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

One of my biggest Holy Grail items, the 25cm Xplus Queen Legion, also happens to be getting a special color reissue this coming spring and just in time for income tax season.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira 41mk11
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojira 41mk11 »

This 2 foot tall RC Mechagodzilla has been mine for years now; it's the coolest thing ever.

Image Image
:Gigan: Gigan <3 :Gigan:
But Gigan is a villain that prove you support only villain not hero
Wrong. The current MonsterVerse films are “kaka”. At least these classic Showa kaiju films ain’t WOKE!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I guess I’ll update here as a “grail” has been acquired (or is on its way) for me: the Godzilla Store MMS ‘84. I’ve really cut down on collecting as of late, but this figure is special as it has teased me since 2004. My favorite suit and the one figure I wanted most from that box set obviously had to be the one I could never find nor afford. I just assumed I would never own one.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:59 pm If yall haven't noticed the trend, usually once I start saying "this figure is my grail" I end up miraculously getting one not very long afterwards. Maybe then this is cheating, as I already found a listing that I've been watching, but I've always really wanted a Gigabrain Gigan. If anything just because of the GvMegalon suit, which is slightly different from the standard gigan suit. Anyway, yes, Gigabrain Gigan. I've wanted one for a very long time and chances are when I get paid, probably Friday since Christmas is coming that weekend, I'm gonna try and snag it.
Happened again

LiamNeesons
Samurai

Post by LiamNeesons »

X-Plus Biollante and Gigantic Godzilla 2019 have long been chase figures for me. I’ve somehow landed them both for MSRP. Gigantic Shin Godzilla was my grail and I ended buying one from the G Store. It arrived at the warehouse and waits for me to ship it! It’s crazy to think that I checked all 3 of these figures off of my list in 2022. The next would be. Kaiyodo Shin Godzilla Maquette but I’m not holding my breath.
Last edited by LiamNeesons on Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Guess someone should update the thread name. Happy New Years!
My grails for 2023:

Passiontank Godzilla 1964

Marusan 450 Phantom Hedorah

Marusan Showa King Ghidorah (dunno if 350 or 450)

Bandai Aizo Gamera 1999

Max Factory Godzilla 1989

Akametenshi D24 Fat Boy Double Dip Super Glow

I dont know what brand this is but this Namikawa would be nice to have

MoK 13
GPN Volunteer

Post by MoK 13 »

Gogi luck on the Passion tank 64’
Godzilla Vs Megalon was my first in 1976, Damn I'm old.

We might get vaporized along with this base before long. Let’s just relax and have some coffee

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

No grails for 2023, surprisingly, but if something cool gets released or announced I might be game. Some more MMS Shin Ultraman stuff would be cool.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Creature22 wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:13 am No grails for 2023, surprisingly, but if something cool gets released or announced I might be game. Some more MMS Shin Ultraman stuff would be cool.
I believe a 'leak' (from reddit...?) talked about upcoming MMS figures of Shin Gomess, Shin Pegila & Shin Pagos... nothing official yet, though...
Size DOES matter!

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Petezilla wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:47 pm I believe a 'leak' (from reddit...?) talked about upcoming MMS figures of Shin Gomess, Shin Pegila & Shin Pagos... nothing official yet, though...
I saw this as well. I'm hoping that it's true but haven't seen anything as of yet.

I'd love to see some more Ultra Q/Ultraseven characters get the Ultra 500 treatment as well but it looks like they stick mostly to what is appearing in the current show. I'm surprised that we haven't gotten a Bandai vinyl of Alien Prote yet- it's a very cool design.
Last edited by Creature22 on Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gojirasaur
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojirasaur »

Gojira 41mk11 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:12 pm This 2 foot tall RC Mechagodzilla has been mine for years now; it's the coolest thing ever.

[img]https://cdn.discordapp. com/attachments/899095318237442059/1054957829380919336/image.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp. com/attachments/899095318237442059/1054957930220376085/image.png[/img]
[Probation means having to break links to post. No offense intended!]

Neither words spoken nor text written can possibly capture what it must be like to own that. I've only been able to collect the various videos from those who've had them in their possession, and I feel on the verge of a religious experience just watching them. He is definitely my holy grail.

Which begs the question (probably asked and answered, and I'm missing it - Can't search!): Why hasn't Bandai reissued this???

I mean, I could spare a kidney...I think...for what the modern reissue price would be and be happy with what time I had left with him battling the (now also rare) 18" RC Dalek. Good times, indeed.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

So here are the Marusan figures I would like to get to round out my stylized vinyl collection
For some reason, Ive fallen in love with the Marusan Gezora mold. It just really speaks to me
Ive posted this before, but this specific Ghidorah mold and color is like the number one figure Ive been thinking about lately. So cool
Im definitely getting the 50th anniversary Gigan. I don't know if Ill get the purple or silver. I prefer the purple but either is fine
This is another one where the mold and color just speaks to me

This figures, combined with the Marmit Destoroyah SpaceG92 is selling me, as well as the Marmit Godzilla 89 and Shin Godzilla he is selling, along with hopefully an M1 Haruo Nakajima (hopefully signed) should finish off the empty space on that shelf quite nicely. I just bought a light strip to make it pop, so I will update this photo when that arrives, but Im excited to see the full shelf come to life. (Note: Mondo Biollante will be on a separate shelf)

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

My holy grail of 2022 is Orb Darkness. Always wanted to own him since I first saw him in UGF1. Tracked him down for few days after finding out that Bandai produces China-exclusive sets with sofubis never released in Japan or anywhere else.
All around cost $50 to get the set but absolutely worth it!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Finally got ahold of one of my holy grails. Can't wait for her to arrive.

Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983