Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dv-218
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Dv-218 »

GojiSquid wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:02 pm https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status ... _Ap_MsAAAA

More comprehensible plot teaser, suggesting that Jia is going to school at the start of the movie. Not terribly surprising given the set pics of the Monarch K-12 unit, but still something.

There was also another teaser suggesting that ancient humans connected to Kongs turned into something potentially magical. There was also the recurring motif of the sunset and the mountain emojis, which IMO has to do with either the throne room in GvK or the HE eneergy source as a whole.
Yeah there’s no doubt about this “hint” lol, either Jia goes to the same Monarch school unit as a student or she herself helps teach the operatives the sign language or elements of Iwi culture.

As for the ancient human bit KDM seems to suggest that the Iwi might actually be involved in this, which is pretty damn interesting to say the least. Either the survivors that evacuated when the storm came or a newly discovered HE tribe would be neat. In general the prospect of learning more about the inner workings of the core and stuff about the ancient Kong civ is exciting.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Jia will teach a classroom full of adult-sized Kongs how to communicate. :mechanikong:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:27 am Jia will teach a classroom full of adult-sized Kongs how to communicate. :mechanikong:
Jia standing next to a comically giant screener with a picture of a Banana, signing the word “Banana” repeatedly as the Kongs look down and nod intellectually

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Dv-218 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:21 pm As for the ancient human bit KDM seems to suggest that the Iwi might actually be involved in this, which is pretty damn interesting to say the least. Either the survivors that evacuated when the storm came or a newly discovered HE tribe would be neat. In general the prospect of learning more about the inner workings of the core and stuff about the ancient Kong civ is exciting.
Hoping that the Iwi turn out to have survived. Their fridging in GVK was one of the most back-handed parts of the movie, absolutely no reason to kill the entire population off just to get Kong off the island.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:55 am
Dv-218 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:21 pm As for the ancient human bit KDM seems to suggest that the Iwi might actually be involved in this, which is pretty damn interesting to say the least. Either the survivors that evacuated when the storm came or a newly discovered HE tribe would be neat. In general the prospect of learning more about the inner workings of the core and stuff about the ancient Kong civ is exciting.
Hoping that the Iwi turn out to have survived. Their fridging in GVK was one of the most back-handed parts of the movie, absolutely no reason to kill the entire population off just to get Kong off the island.
Agreed. Personally always followed the variation in Kingdom Kong explaining that they were evacuated and it was merely Jia’s family that tragically perished, which seems like it might be followed up here if the info is to be believed. Regardless I’m glad we will see more of their culture.

Shenanigans
JXSDF Technician

Post by Shenanigans »

Dv-218 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:10 am
UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:55 am
Agreed. Personally always followed the variation in Kingdom Kong explaining that they were evacuated and it was merely Jia’s family that tragically perished, which seems like it might be followed up here if the info is to be believed. Regardless I’m glad we will see more of their culture.
Oh wow, I was unaware that Kingdom Kong showed their survival. I knew there was concept art for the movie, but I hadn't heard about this before. Guess I'll have to give it a read.

Gonna echo the sentiment here as well. Skull Island natives have had a long and problematic history, and just when they're finally done justice in Kong: Skull Island, they're not only tossed aside in the very next film but permanently removed from the equation. Bugs the hell outta me. I always liked the idea that the Iwi were able to evacuate into the Hollow Earth and met up with more tribes down there. I would argue that the Hollow Earth is one of the Monsterverse's strongest components, and adding a civilization to that mix could make it even more unique and memorable than it already is.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

A good storytelling angle would be to have Kong bond with a Hollow Earth Iwi tribe in the upcoming movie. He already lost them and is in a new home, and their potential reverence for Kongkind would be neat to explore so that the “natives done right” aren’t left wasted after 1 movie. It also continues the theme of struggling for coexistence that has been prevalent in the MV so far.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

It would both be a welcome closure to Kong’s tragedies and a potential human perspective through which more could be revealed about the Hollow Earth and potentially its past lorewise. Interested to see how they shall be utilized.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ditto on the Iwi, I'd love to see the rest of them alive and well.

And I do hope the final battle is a sort of tag-team match, that'd be stupendous! If Wingard lets the story play out naturally and more focused this time it should be snazzy.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status ... 1232485377

he's done with the hinting, straight up says the iwi are back

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It only makes sense to bring them back. And it wouldn't even be difficult to explain away their absence in GvK. When the storm destroyed the island, the Iwi fled into the Hollow Earth and the ignorant surface dwellers just assumed they'd been wiped out. Done.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Very pleased to hear this and super excited to see what they come up with.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Nice to see a confirmation. Whether or not they are survivors from Skull Island or a native tribe to Hollow Earth I’m excited as hell to see how they are utilized in relation to Kong and the overall plot.

https://twitter.com/KDM_Monsters/status ... 79svcsAAAA
Overview of all the shooting locations for the film. Honestly the amount of tropical, semi-tropical and volcanic environments makes me pretty hyped for the Hollow Earth scenery.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Talking to Lain about things...

And I think I have to agree. With the recent news of a "Iwi Warriors", I think the threat may be an actual advanced civilization located in the Hollow Earth that's not too happy with what's going on with the surface world trying to "invade" and mine the resources. A sort of Godzilla vs. Megalon or Atragon situation. Plot will also no doubt have Jia be reunited/discovering more of her Iwi heritage.

Also, I won't be surprised if the way we see Doug returning, is that he/his kind act as mounts for the Iwi warriors.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Wonder if we’ll get the nice Gigan/Megalon counterparts vs Godzilla/Kong, since Wingard essentially redid GvMG and replaced Caesar with Kong in GvK.

Now Kong could replace Jet Jaguar.

Advanced HE civilization brings their Megalon and Ghidorah’s screech from KOTM potentially signaled Gigan to pull up.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Does that mean Alex Ferns plays a Cockroach :lol:

Jokes aside, while I’d prefer the new monster threat to be original Godzilla and Kong vs Gigan and Megalon could be the most epic fight in the MV yet if done right. Some really cool tag team potential here.
Regardless I can honestly see the disgruntled HE civilization plot angle happening either way.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eel221
GPN Volunteer

Post by Eel221 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:57 pm Now Kong could replace Jet Jaguar.
Ahh. It all circles back to the "JJ in Germany was Kong in a robo suit" rumor.

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

Aside from HE Civilization that worshipped Kong. I Would also like to see a Clan that worshipped Godzilla.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

it already exist is that part of the fandom that wants him to be the best, strongest, most powerful monster that never loses

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

BennettCommando wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:17 pm Aside from HE Civilization that worshipped Kong. I Would also like to see a Clan that worshipped Godzilla.
Could be interesting, a clan that reveres Godzilla but also fears him. It would feel a bit different because Kong has the connection with Jia, while Godzilla is more of a lone wolf type. I’m down to see that show up. Maybe they even get freaky and act like cultists— or only worship Godzilla because he’s the current apex…
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image