What Toy Did You Just Buy?

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: What Toy Did You Just Buy?

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

SpaceG92 over here found a Playmates Godzilla Teristris in the wild for me. And then he also talked me into buying his Bullmark Tyrant.

Cost me less than a tank of gas. Couldn't pass it up.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:07 am Dunno what this is but I bought it
Looks like the Miss Namikawa doll from General Entertainment Company released in the early 2000's:

https://www.icollector.com/General-Ente ... _i33880637

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

It took ever increasing bidding, but I finally ordered the Y-MSF Behemoth from ebay yesterday.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Went ahead and bulk ordered a bunch of Bandai vinyls from the Godzilla store. Been putting it off for awhile but decided I might as well since I had the money.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I've been in an Ultra mood since seeing Shin Ultraman, so I got myself my first Figuarts in a while with Ultraman Belial. Belial has always been one of my favorite Ultra designs, but I've never had him represented in my collection. A bit pricey even at a discount, but very cool.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Bandai DX Tsurugi Demaaga

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Just a few Iwakuras. Meganulon is cool...
Definitely didn't just buy something insane...
Spoiler:
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

Medicom + CCP Ultra Detail Figure 4" Lilith, Hiya Toys Thermal Vision Alien, Super7 ReAction Shogun 1200°C Godzilla and the new Super7 ReAction Shogun Rodan

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:16 am Just a few Iwakuras. Meganulon is cool...
Spoiler:
Dang, that Biollante is sick! Need to see it out of that plastic prison she’s bagged up in!

An aside; is it just me or do photos tucked into spoiler tags show up as super teeny tiny for anyone else? I have to copy and paste them into a new tab to actually see them. Maybe it’s because I’m on my phone?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

canofhumdingers wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:50 pm
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 3:16 am Just a few Iwakuras. Meganulon is cool...
Spoiler:
Dang, that Biollante is sick! Need to see it out of that plastic prison she’s bagged up in!

An aside; is it just me or do photos tucked into spoiler tags show up as super teeny tiny for anyone else? I have to copy and paste them into a new tab to actually see them. Maybe it’s because I’m on my phone?
They come in super tiny on mobile. Debated subjecting you all to a huge image.

I will get around to taking it out of the bag, but I’m going to try to expand my shelf space so I have a proper place to display it first, and I also want to dust and clean the room up. At the end of spring I’m going to do’s. Full on reorganization/cleaning of it. Would also be nice to have a rose form Biollante too; probably going to order that in a couple of days.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Simple, custom paint job and they came pre-assembled. Couldn't pass 'em up. The gold really makes them not look cheap. Didn't know they were fully articulated either.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:00 am Image

Simple, custom paint job and they came pre-assembled. Couldn't pass 'em up. The gold really makes them not look cheap. Didn't know they were fully articulated either.
Do you have any pictures of them side-by-side with any 4" to 6" figures?

[edit] ...aaaand I'm blind. I now see they're posed in front of some Bandais!
Last edited by G1985 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Bought this absolutely dopey Minya
I love him. I really do.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:33 pm Bought this absolutely dopey Minya
I love him. I really do.
Ah. The good ole' Bullmark Minilla. He's seen some things, man. Ran some big ass lines. Some say he's still on that cocaine high, just look at those eyes.

Quote of the Year:

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I like that than the other super-creepy Minya's. Something about those eyes make it cuter and more innocent than the horrifying jeering monstrosities I own.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I truly, genuinely love him. I think he is adorable and goofy. But Ive always absolutely, unironically adored Minya so Im probably the odd one out here.
In one of my instagram chats we decided he looks like Ralph from the Simpsons and I can't unsee it now
Last edited by Executive Hamster on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

History lesson: that ugly little Minya was first released by Marusan in 1967. Bullmark created their own mold later, out of scale with the other Godzilla figures. A red variant of this figure is one of the rarest Godzilla vinyl figures of all time, if not THE rarest. Even some of the top American collectors have only seen one.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:36 am History lesson: that ugly little Minya was first released by Marusan in 1967. Bullmark created their own mold later, out of scale with the other Godzilla figures. A red variant of this figure is one of the rarest Godzilla vinyl figures of all time, if not THE rarest. Even some of the top American collectors have only seen one.
I believe there's only one in existence. It just transfers from one collector to another. They say if you look into its eyes, it consumes your soul. It leaves you an empty husk of a human being with only trace amounts of what you once were.

It is pure, concentrated evil.

Quote of the Year:

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

That’s the Bullmark. The Marusan is far, far more terrifying haha