What Music Are You Listening To?

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: What Music Are You Listening To?

Post by Coobzilla03 »

^ I thought that was pretty good, Executive Hamster. Nothing technically too special IMO but the drums are pretty killer. Good to see a metal fan around here :JetJaguar:
Resized Image

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Double Concerto in E Minor for Clarinet and Viola - Max Bruch
https://soundcloud.com/helsinkiphilharm ... al_sharing
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:30 am ^ I thought that was pretty good, Executive Hamster. Nothing technically too special IMO but the drums are pretty killer. Good to see a metal fan around here :JetJaguar:
:D

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

https://youtu.be/mLF4JvEb2lw

Dio is nearly unbeatable as far as metal singers go. Been in a down funk this evening and discovering this blew me away. Great power and emotion in Ronnie James' voice and intense instrumentation and bass specifically.
Resized Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

https://youtu.be/dpRtG7A4KA0

It’s good to have Fall Out Boy back. Their newest singles have hit it out of the park, lyrically and with the sound.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

The last 3 and a half minutes in this are pure awesomeness!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Coobzilla03 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:44 pm
Dio is nearly unbeatable as far as metal singers go. Been in a down funk this evening and discovering this blew me away. Great power and emotion in Ronnie James' voice and intense instrumentation and bass specifically.
DIO!!! Dio is the man. Probably the best metal singer in terms of sheer voice talent.
Speaking of metal, ive been listening to a lot of war metal recently. This album by ArchGoat is just phenomenal. Its VERY intense, so fair warning to anyone who tries to give this a listen

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SkKi3m-HTA

Antipop gets a lot of flak from Primus fans but I think some tracks, like the title track here are really good.
Resized Image

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

I saw someone post Hooded Menace last page. Here's some more metal fun:

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Fuck yeah!!!!!

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Please kill me. It won't stop. It won't leave.
Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Aye, I be sending my friends "obscure" songs from Gorillaz's history in preparation for the new album in a few weeks.

Here's one: https://youtu.be/GdGKlTyGeR0

Before they know it I'll be pulling out b-sides and prototype tracks!
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

I used to really love Gorillaz, mostly their older stuff. Back when they were a rock band with hip hop influences and not......idk what you'd call it. I describe modern Gorillaz as "random FT plus Damon Albarn". But I digress. There were definitely a couple good songs off their recent albums but for me G sides is probably my favorite album they did. I love how experimental it is.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Recently Ive been trying and mostly failing to dip my toes into war metal. I fucking LOVE Archgoat, but have been unable to find other war metal bands that sound good to me. Blasphemy I just didnt care for, same for Revenge and Conqueror. But today I finally found some war metal bands that I like as much as Archgoat, such as Abhorer

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:59 pm I used to really love Gorillaz, mostly their older stuff. Back when they were a rock band with hip hop influences and not......idk what you'd call it. I describe modern Gorillaz as "random FT plus Damon Albarn". But I digress. There were definitely a couple good songs off their recent albums but for me G sides is probably my favorite album they did. I love how experimental it is.
I love Faust from G-Sides especially, it's so calming and becomes a nice duet towards the end. Yeah, there was a very unique "kind" of experimentation with that original self-titled album and it's accompanying b-sides, it really feels like Damon was just letting out lots of raw emotion. Coupled with Jamie's equally raw ideas for the art and style, that first era really was a match made in heaven. Like, you have Damon on one hand where Blur sort of broke up (no Graham Coxon) and Jamie went through Tank Girl and the cancellation of Phoo Action - so we got two artists from different mediums coming together from recent hardships to form something so new.

I still love the new stuff, even if the upcoming Cracker Island's marketing campaign hasn't reasonated with me as much as the last three albums. But the marketing isn't Jamie nor Damon's fault, when it comes to the art and music I really enjoy seeing how wise and seasoned the two are now.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.