Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

General discussion for all non-Toho, non-Kaiju collectibles!
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Beasts of the Mesozoic, Jurassic World, & other Dinosaurs thread!

Post by JAGzilla »

Well. There it is. I guess a super-articulated wooly mammoth is a thing I'm going to own, now.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Platypus Prime
Interpol Agent

Post by Platypus Prime »

Something I made a while back, Happy Halloween everyone!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Wave 2 of the Hammond Collection (Concavenator, Geosternbergia, Ankylosaurus, the JP3 male Raptor, Pachycephalosaurus, Arnold and Muldoon) is now [url=
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?H ... ctType=321]up at BBTS[/url]. This'll likely be your best place to get them, what with Mattel canceling half of the other pre orders.

The two-pack of JP3 Alan and the female raptor popped up on Amazon but has now become unavailable and hasn't popped up elsewhere.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

tbeasley wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:21 pm Having a major soft spot for the JP1 dinosaurs I picked up the Hammond Collection Velociraptor and Gallimimus. They're nice for what they are for figures in this price and size range, although they do look better with their mouths closed. The Galli is actually a bit nicer than the Raptor.

I'll definitely get the Dilophosaurus if I see it and maybe the Pachycephalosaurus (as a big Lost World fan).
Picked up the Dilo and it's definitely my favorite of the three. The frill accessories are nice (a Barbasol can would've been funny). One of the elbows joints on mine is kinda loose but no real complaints. I'll probably pick up the Triceratops next just to keep the JP1 theme going.
tbeasley wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:06 am MarcoMakes has some impressive replacement heads/feet for the HC Raptor for preorder -

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MarcoMakes
Rods Random Work/Syrett Tech also have replacement heads/feet for the HC Raptor -

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1328786 ... rt=1&sts=1

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ordered Nanmu's Mordred off BBTS. The green paint scheme is gorgeous but I had to go with the Ultimasaurus variant.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

BotM Carnotaurus teased by David Silva!
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I got the Mattel Dreadnoughtus. Man, that is a big toy. Very impressive and attention grabbing. The neck is a little awkwardly designed; I would have liked a joint that can raise and lower the head. It's a Mattel figure, though, so the level of articulation we got is plenty. It's not as nice sculpt-wise as the Brachiosaurus, either, but it works. I do like the dark color scheme. It stands out a bit more starkly than the Brachiosaurus.

There's apparently a Mattel Mamenchisaurus on the way, too. Pictures of the prototype surfaced the other day. Hopefully it isn't final, because the proportions could use work; the neck looks too short relative to the tail.

There's

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

The 1/13 scale Tyrannosaurus from Creative Beasts is now shipping to backers and retailers.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I just got my shipping notification for the WWD backer exclusive version. Man, it's been a year+ coming, and there's so much more still on the horizon!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Alright both scales of the BotM Tyrannosaurus are officially available for purchase over at Creative Beasts.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 9:10 pm
Rody wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 7:13 am The Mesozoic Life Spinosaurus campaign is back! It's off to a pretty good start, too, with nearly half the goal already met in the first day.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/me ... =user_menu

This could very well be the definitive Spinosaurus figure on the market if it's successful (until the next discovery/paper, at least); and more dinosaurs could be on the way.
Less than $3,000 to go with 27 days remaining.
Totally going to back this and get one of the unpainted spinos and paint it up. Thanks for the link!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Who's beautiful? The WWD T. rex, that's who's beautiful!

My first pledged figure from the camapaign arrived two days ago, and I've had difficulty putting it down. The articulation is very good overall, and the figure can hold a number of poses with little to know extra support (at least briefly). The sculpting and paint job are excellent, of course; overall this is a great model and definitely one of the best T. rexes out there.
shadowgigan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:17 am Totally going to back this and get one of the unpainted spinos and paint it up. Thanks for the link!
^I'm afraid the campaign ended a while ago; however I do think the team hopes to expand to retailers in the future for wider sales.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Rody wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:02 am I'm afraid the campaign ended a while ago; however I do think the team hopes to expand to retailers in the future for wider sales.

Man...my reading comprehension has been less than stellar lately. I messaged him to see if I could still get one. Not expecting a yes but who knows.

Well since I can't get that, I'm really considering picking this Rex up from DeClay studios.

Last edited by shadowgigan on Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Majungasaurus is Safari ltd's first reveal for 2023!
https://www.safariltd.com/collections/n ... toy-figure

Here's a special early review just posted on the Dinosaur Toy Blog:
https://dinotoyblog.com/majungasaurus-w ... afari-ltd/

SoggyNoodles2016

OH MAN.

One of my favorite genera, in a beautiful color scheme, AND less then 20?

Def picking this up

RIP Evan.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

That Rex is neat. I really wished the big one got the WWD paintjob instead of that ugly green and orange they gave it. I actually would've bought it then. But the little one is neat. Maybe ill get it at some point.

SoggyNoodles2016

David is now working on the 1/18th Wave 2 BOTM raptors which will, in a fun surprise, have new color schemes! We'll be getting batelaur Adasaurus, hoatzin Balaur, RED-footed booby Acheroraptor, and a Stellar's Jay Atrociraptor. This along with little bits of news on Cyberzoic (such as a new Lizard Dragon, Deinonychus concept art, and so on) and our first look at the BOTC Smilodon!

https://twitter.com/Beast_SculptKit/sta ... hbykQ&s=19

All this is leading up to the "first" Kickstarter for Cyberzoic on October 3rd

As for Mattel, there's been some reveals for the 30th anniversary. A Triceratops that honestly should have been the Hammond Collection, leaks of the 30th anniversary line (including a Scutosaurus and "real feel" rex) and of course, this year's Hammond Collection wave.

Small: Nedry, Hammond, Baby T. Rex
Medium: Juvenile Stegosaurus, Corythosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, Irritator
Large: a new T. Rex (Lost World?), Brachiosaurus
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I ordered my first PNSO figure: Wyatt the Parasaurolophus. $46 shipped from Amazon, and it'll get here on Friday. PNSO is a little pricy, but their figures look worth it; Wyatt is definitely the nicest looking representation of his species I'm aware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmdzOy ... aurReviews

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

PNSO is very good; I agree they can be a bit expensive, but I haven't regretted purchasing any of them so far.
The key is to watch for sales and discounts, so you can shave off at least a few dollars.

PNSO's newest announcement is an updated Lucas the Giganotosaurus for the Museum line - which means it'll be overpriced, but it does look like one of the best Giga models to date.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Very nice. If I like the Parasaurolophus, I'll definitely be going back for more. I have my eye on the Therizinosaurus, Deinocheirus, Yutyrannus, and Pinacosaurus, especially.