Monster Toy Spotlight #34: Godzilla 1964 (Mosu-Goji)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Re: Monster Toy Spotlight #34: Godzilla 1964 (Mosu-Goji)

Post by canofhumdingers »

I first saw it on Mandarake maybe two months ago? No idea when or where it came from.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:49 pm I first saw it on Mandarake maybe two months ago? No idea when or where it came from.
The only North American collector I’ve seen who actually has the Passion Tank figure is Gojiragirl13: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmZldiTvi5U ... MyMTA2M2Y=

I also have yet to come across any North American collector who has the Sarujirushi G64 figure either (which also has had some really cool variance/paint schemes of it really is).

All of the usual figure review/glorified unboxing YT channels (zzzzzzz :pokeball: :tkman:) almost never cover anything even remotely as rare/enigmatic as these types of figures (it’s just Xplus / Bandai / SHMA reviews over and over again).
Last edited by ebirahsmeg1 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:49 amAll of the usual figure review/glorified unboxing YT channels (zzzzzzz :pokeball: :tkman:) almost never cover anything even remotely as rare/enigmatic as these types of figures (it’s just Xplus / Bandai / SHMA reviews over and over again).
I think a majority of that YouTube stuff mostly only covers what’s in the mainstream if not what is affordable and new. It’s pretty fickle from what I’ve seen, almost in a bandwagon sort of sense. I’ve found online forums and groups to scratch the more niche areas as they’ll often go ignored on YouTube. Instagram is honestly where I see the most for Marusan/Bullmark-type stuff.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:49 am
canofhumdingers wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:49 pm I first saw it on Mandarake maybe two months ago? No idea when or where it came from.
The only North American collector I’ve seen who actually has the Passion Tank figure is Gojiragirl13: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmZldiTvi5U ... MyMTA2M2Y=
I know several people who own one, though it would figure that the person everyone knows about is the closest thing the toy side of this fandom has to a legitimate influencer. Having known this person for almost a decade, being "cute" can definitely get you far in a hobby full of single, horny men.

YouTube caters to younger fans so the types of collectibles that come up are going to be the predictable stuff.
Last edited by Legion1979 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Legion1979 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:09 am
ebirahsmeg1 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:49 am

I know several people who own one, though it would figure that the person everyone knows about is the closest thing the toy side of this fandom has to a legitimate influencer. Having known this person for almost a decade, being "cute" can definitely get you far in a hobby full of single, horny men.
Never heard of her until I did searches for the Passion Tank G64, and she's the only North American collector who came up in the results. So the Western collectors you say who have the figure aren't really posting photos that can be readily or easily seen online (not that I blame them either, considering how obnoxious this fandom can be). And I have seen ZERO photos posted by Western collectors of the Sarujirushi G64 figure.

Creature22 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:00 am
I think a majority of that YouTube stuff mostly only covers what’s in the mainstream if not what is affordable and new. It’s pretty fickle from what I’ve seen, almost in a bandwagon sort of sense. I’ve found online forums and groups to scratch the more niche areas as they’ll often go ignored on YouTube. Instagram is honestly where I see the most for Marusan/Bullmark-type stuff.
When it comes to Godzilla-themed YT channels, they're some of the most bland, repetitive, uninteresting TY channels of any fandom as a whole, particularly when it comes to G collectables. I know we'll never get channels covering truly rare figures such as Gigabrains / Bullmarks / M1 / Marusan / Marmits (Sofubi? Whatever they're called now....I've been out of the collecting loop for quit a while now) in much depth, but it still would be refreshing to see the likes of these kind of rarer/lesser seen figures outside of Japan discussed occassionally in video format. And yes, I know videos on these types of figures wouldn't get the views of yet another GLegendary or Xplus/SHMA unboxing figure vlog (😴)....just lamenting how most G YT channels blend together and don't really stand out from one another (there are literally only two I can think of that I like...and that's it). But that's a topic for a whole another thread....so here's another photo of the very cool Sarujirushi G64 :g64:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

That Sarujirushi looks like another first for me; it's positively gorgeous! I wish there were easier ways for western collectors to acquire pieces like these (although even then they'd probably be outside my price range...).

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Yeah, never heard of Sarujirushi until ebirahsmeg1 mentioned them. Can’t say I love the ‘64 (I think the passion tank is much better) but they have a ‘54 that looks pretty sweet.

But yeah, unfortunately most of these are just too hard to get and too expensive. But I do love the stylized stuff. Wish it was easier to get a hold of.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I've seen these ones before, though I could've sworn they were Marmits. That 54 with a guitar is definitely the most notorious figure they've done. Id love to have on but I have yet to see one go under $500

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
If I were to get one it would be this Bullmark? inspired G64

ebirahsmeg1
Gotengo Officer

Post by ebirahsmeg1 »

Finally, a YT channel reviewing the enigmatic Passion Tank G64!

Wonder if Sofubi Samurai will also cover this figure (or the equally rare Sarujirushi G64)? :g64:

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

There were a couple of dealers at G-fest with some Passion Tank figures. Got to hold both the ‘64 and a Shin. Super nice figures but the prices were outrageous so I didn’t get one.