GTTT R5: Coobzilla03 vs. Kiryu2012

Participate FM Tournaments and see who is the best of the best!
Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

GTTT R5: Coobzilla03 vs. Kiryu2012

Post by Greyshot151 »

Coobzilla03
Baragon (Showa)
Mothra Larva (Showa) X 2
Mothra Imago (Showa)
Goliath
Gabara
King Kong 76
Anguirus (Millennium)
Ebirah (Showa)
Ganimes

vs.

Kiryu2012
Gomora (G1)
Gorosaurus
Warbat
Indoraptor
Zigra
Armored Titan (S2)

Tag-Team Modifiers:
Coobzilla03
Infant Island Protectors! - Mothra Larva X2 - Mothra (Showa) - Switch terrain to Infant Island.
Bullies United - Gabara & Goliath - Eliminate the weakest tiered monster

Location Modifier: Godzilla (Showa) appears as a hostile 3rd party All forms of Mothra gain the Shobijin for guidance

Rules: Heisei Scaling

Discussion starts 1/24
Voting starts 1/26. (Make your choice in Bold Text)
Voting ends, end of day, 1/26
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Re: GTTT R5: Coobzilla03 vs. Kiryu2012

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I preface this by saying I have to admit ignorance to the Armored Titan's combat prowess and extent of its abilities.

Opponents:
Gomora: At a quick glance it should be apparent that Gomora is the best enemy combatant and should be the focus of the Mothra & Daughters Wrapping Company. Unlike Godzilla, he has no real way to escape once on the ground based on how his tail isn't prehensile; he has to put his whole body behind swings. Not likely that he'd have an opportunity to dig away, either.

Gorosaurus: It's a fairly reasonable assumption to make that Gorosaurus would attack King Kong based on their familiarity. Seeing how he fought King Kong in '67, with quick kicks and not a granddaddy kick like he utilized against a restrained, huge target like Ghidorah, I'm not sold that he could take down King Kong; especially one with more feats of durability than 1967 Kong, I'd argue. It should be a good, classic Kong vs. Therapod battle that ends with a broken jaw.

Zigra: From what I've seen, is largely useless on land. He just stood there and watched Gamera toss a rock at his face. Now replace that rock with a rolling ankylosaur :lol: I don't see Zigra doing much outside of the water. He has potent beams, but for some reason didn't want to use them on Gamera. My knowledge on Zigra is fairly limited so feel free to send some material to back up some points I may have gotten wrong here.

Warbat: Could give some of my weaker members some trouble. I'm not sure if he displayed too much killing power. They seem to fight by constricting, which is its best bet. But with so many allies and the ability to communicate, the Warbat should be quickly beaten.

Armored Titan: No clue, but I don't think he has much in the way of ranged attacks to deal with Mothra which is a major point of contention.

The Good Guys
This is all assuming King Kong is wrapped up with Gorosaurus, alone.

Gabara isn't the best fighter by any stretch but his grappling electricity gives him a shot to counter the Warbat, without help. I am aware that the Warbat restrained Kong's arms, but that was after letting him grab itself by the face. That's why it's not a shoe-in Gabara victory. As with everyone, he should be able to handle Zigra. Gomora will give him trouble, but he can last for a little while before being forced to retreat/gets killed. No time limit for him, and no atomic breath for Gomora.

Goliath is vulnerable to the Warbat for as slow as he is, but his lightning shot can rip a flying Warbat to shreds. He's got Zigra in the bag. Gomora will also give him issue, and has a good shot at being able to break his horn. I seem to recall some tail-whips striking Ultraman's face. Goliath's firepower seems to be a cut about some of Ultraman's attacks but I still think Gomora can handle a lightning strike.

Anguirus Millennium is ever the wildcard. Just like last match, no one here really has a hope of stopping him - pending info on Armored Titan because he has actual arms lol. Gomora's tailwhips pale in comparison to Godzilla's, which Anguirus shrugged off. He can surely tank Gorosaurus' kicks as well. He's got the ability to strike down the Warbat.

Ebirah and Ganimes serve as distractions and can take abuse from the enemy for a little while, but they won't get a whole lot done on their own. Ebirah took atomic fire, so he's resilient.

Baragon's a tenacious fighter and should be able to give all non-arms having opponents issue. He's fast and aggressive. His beam could probably at least damage the Warbat, but won't do much against Gomora and Gorosaurus (who survived a gravity beam). He can tango with Gorosaurus for awhile, probably get the jump on Warbat with his leaping abilities (pretty nice counter there!) and get Zigra on the ground and tear him up.

I think the numbers allow my team to shine. It gives the Mothras ample time to remove a fearsome combatant (likely Gomora) and move onto another. Even if some matchups don't go our way, we have the numbers and durability to deal. But I'd like to know more about the Armored Titan, if anyone can point me to some videos.
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Greyshot, in the main thread for the tourney, it said Season 2 for Armored, but now it says Season 4, could you confirm which season?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

My bad! Should be Season 2.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Well, if it were Season 4, I would say kiryu has a chance, but since it is the less experienced one, I'm leaning Coob.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

I bet the Infant Islanders are tired of these weekly life or death battles taking place on their front yard :lol:
Last edited by Coobzilla03 on Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Coobzilla per my thoughts above
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Kiryu takes this, Zigra's stun ray will carry the team here, and after a while, if Reiner is getting his ass kicked, he can eject from the Armored Titan and reform.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:54 am Kiryu takes this, Zigra's stun ray will carry the team here, and after a while, if Reiner is getting his ass kicked, he can eject from the Armored Titan and reform.
Please provide some evidence that Zigra will carry with his beam that he hardly used on Gamera. We all know about Ultraman’s incredible powers. Does he always use them in a fight? No? Zigra is worse about that than he is. If he uses his rays at all, he’ll be lucky to do it beyond a single time in this fight before he gets sent on his stomach and is left helpless.
Resized Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

My team wins; the Armored Titan is strong enough to send other Titans flying with a shoulder bash, as well as bust through a huge wall with no injury to himself, and he can regenerate on top of that. Zigra's beam, while not impossible to avoid, will nevertheless have an impact on this battle if he manages to paralyze one or more of Coob's team. Gomora, Gorosaurus, and Warbat are useful distractions to help take some of the heat off the AT and Zigra.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

I see Coob taking this not only because of the numbers advantage but also due to the fact that Anguirus (Millenium) is being underestimated here. He's got a big rolling attack that can easily knock down anyone on Kiryu's team and the only real threats Kiryu has are Gomora (Because of how durable he is) and Zigra (Because of that damn Paralysis Ray). Gorosaurus gets his jaw broken by Kong, Goliath and Gabara double team the Warbat, and Armored Titan gets taken out thanks to a lack of ranged attacks.
Last edited by Logan268 on Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Coobzilla03 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:35 am
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:54 am Kiryu takes this, Zigra's stun ray will carry the team here, and after a while, if Reiner is getting his ass kicked, he can eject from the Armored Titan and reform.
Please provide some evidence that Zigra will carry with his beam that he hardly used on Gamera. We all know about Ultraman’s incredible powers. Does he always use them in a fight? No? Zigra is worse about that than he is. If he uses his rays at all, he’ll be lucky to do it beyond a single time in this fight before he gets sent on his stomach and is left helpless.
I will if you can prove this.
Coobzilla03 wrote:Even if Earth's team doesn't focus solely on Rodan, he's not intelligent enough to take full advantage.

(Birb took advantage when Heisei Godzilla was open to attack, and was able to do hit-and run until Godzilla choked him)

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Bro you can't be that salty :lol:

He decided to STOP doing hit and run once Godzilla was down and got right in his face. Him getting choked is his own fault because he decided to get close and stay close. That will not work when the numbers favor the other team.
Resized Image

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Coobzilla03 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:48 pm Bro you can't be that salty :lol:

He decided to STOP doing hit and run once Godzilla was down and got right in his face. Him getting choked is his own fault because he decided to get close and stay close. That will not work when the numbers favor the other team.
Well, I guess I can be, but I won't ;)

That was because Rodan had knocked Godzilla's fat ass on the ground, Rodan didn't expect to get choked out, Titano can't do that, because we never saw him really grab kaiju with his hands.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

Why we talking about the best birb in history?

Anyways i see Coob taking this cause Mothra and her larva could stop Gomora and Gorosaurus. Mothra fought against Godzilla for a bit and The Larva have webbing
Showa Goji best Godzilla