What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Carrerasaurus
Yojimbo

Re: What Gets On Your Nerves 2, The Thread Without a Witty Subtitle!

Post by Carrerasaurus »

My laptop's keyboard has been a disaster to use for the past months. Keys like E and 3 only work when they feel like it, sometimes I need to put in the force of a hundred men to make the A and X keys work, and I'm pretty sure Z is dead. I'm forced to use the virtual keyboard for now, and I think fixing the damn thing is out of the question, because my laptop is one of those that cannot be disassembled.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:36 pm
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:38 pm I'm should show this to my boomer Dad to piss him off. I agree completely.
Lorne Michaels needs to be stopped
But do you like 30 Rock :oops:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Unfriendliness and inconsideration
Resized Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:47 am
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:36 pm
HedorahIsBestGirl wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:38 pm I'm should show this to my boomer Dad to piss him off. I agree completely.
Lorne Michaels needs to be stopped
But do you like 30 Rock :oops:
...... friggin love 30 Rock :mad:
Last edited by Major sssspielberg! on Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

The people who defend A.I Art, for some reason these people have to be unnecessarily be Ginormous assholes against the people who want to have their work that they put effort in not be wasted and overshadowed by this AI that does everything without any effort at all.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Old Ladies who wear really pungent perfume, especially instead of bathing. Today I had to interact with an older lady who used some really pungent perfume. Maybe it was a perfumey soap? It overloaded me and made me naseuated. I kept trying to back away...and she kept getting closer and closer... Ten minutes later I still feel sickened by it. I feel like telling her "PLEASE DON'T USE WHATEVER YOU'RE USING", but I know that's incredibly rude.

I've encountered this before, so I know it's not a one-off thing. When I worked at an italian resturaunt I used to encounter people like this daily. Fellow servers would usually confirm to me that I wasn't crazy, and ocasionally we'd swap and cover each other if the smell was too overpowering. Anyone ever been a victim of this?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I was going to play Halo Infinite for the first time in a few months, and found out it's part of the Game Pass now, meaning it isn't free to play. Nice job, 343, you finally lost me for good. I'd have been happy to pay you $60 for a disk, but you wanted it this way.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:27 pm Anyone ever been a victim of this?
At the movie theater I work at occasionally. Since we have a lot of older folks come in, sometimes you get that really AWFUL perfume smell but also sometimes the wretched smell of cigarettes or weed (which is usually the younger crowd). Makes me sick, though I'm glad I really only have to interact with those people for a few minutes at a time.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

When my damn finger goes to sleep and gives off a weird tingle, I know that rinsing it in water easily stops it, but it's just so annoying.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:12 am The people who defend A.I Art, for some reason these people have to be unnecessarily be Ginormous assholes against the people who want to have their work that they put effort in not be wasted and overshadowed by this AI that does everything without any effort at all.
This. I get unnecessarily enraged when I see people defend the AI art at the detriment of real artists. The big factor is how AI only imitates/copies from real artists and pretends to have it have meaning. That’s a whole other discussion about what “art” as a concept is, but the ultimate point is that I believe art is an expression of human meaning, coming from a human artist. I would change my definition if aliens suddenly showed up with art of their own, but I think the gist is clear— art has to express something and come from a living sentient being. AI currently doesn’t do that or express sentience like we do, so that “art” is just stomping on the art that actual humans work so hard to express themselves with. It doesn’t sit right with me.

(Sorry for the rant, I’m very passionate about this!)
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I think it's cool what AI image generators can do. But how they go about it is pretty messed up. All artists should be credited and compensated for the AI using their art. But I'm still fascinated by it. I've watched a lot of videos on YouTube of like AI turning Family Guy or American Dad into live action 1980s sitcoms. Or the Roman and Egyptian empire going into the future.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I actually chose to write an 8 page essay on the harmful nature of AI art in the Art community for a college final project just a few months ago. Suffice to say it’s just gotten progressively worse since then, which is totally not good for artists and graphic designers like myself.

Really comes down to Tech bros who have already introduced countless schemes to the public and lazy people who want people to pay for “””art””” that is just ran through a computer algorithm for 4 minutes after stealing countless design cues from other actual artists. This has already been disastrous since big business has been tiptoeing their foot into the AI door and tons of commission artists feel replaced by Midjourney.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

OK is it just me or is like YouTube or defending some disgusting people from getting terminated. One example is the quantumtv drama where is he has been exposed for being racist, homophobic, tranphobic and many more with evidence, from Actman, instead terminating the homophobic piece of shit, they instead ban The video Exposing him and remove Actman from the partner ship with means that he won’t get a lot of money.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

People talking about how 682 can beat Ultraman Noa or any Ultra, seriously, people are that fucking stupid. Just because he can adapt doesn't mean it doesn't take a lot of time, and they say al of this crap, while we actually have feats for all the Ultras, and if I can recall, a video on 682 talked about how when hunters shot at him, basic bullets hurt him, I can't take the scp fandom, they suck.

Sorry, random rant of mine, point is, Noa is broken overpowered, 682 is pathetic.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:18 pm People talking about how 682 can beat Ultraman Noa or any Ultra, seriously, people are that fucking stupid. Just because he can adapt doesn't mean it doesn't take a lot of time, and they say al of this crap, while we actually have feats for all the Ultras, and if I can recall, a video on 682 talked about how when hunters shot at him, basic bullets hurt him, I can't take the scp fandom, they suck.

Sorry, random rant of mine, point is, Noa is broken overpowered, 682 is pathetic.
I speak as someone who lurks on SCP Forums, at his PEAK, I genuinely think 682 could beat every Ultraman.

.. Emphasis on his peak. SCP characters, especially ones like 682, are TERRIBLY inconsistent when it comes to power. One story can have 682 being killed by bullets, others turn him into a monster that literally absorbs all of reality and has the most batsh*t plot manipulation of any character I've ever seen. There's a reason why a lot of people feel like the SCP cast aren't really made for versus debates

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Gigantis wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:30 pm
CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:18 pm People talking about how 682 can beat Ultraman Noa or any Ultra, seriously, people are that fucking stupid. Just because he can adapt doesn't mean it doesn't take a lot of time, and they say al of this crap, while we actually have feats for all the Ultras, and if I can recall, a video on 682 talked about how when hunters shot at him, basic bullets hurt him, I can't take the scp fandom, they suck.

I speak as someone who lurks on SCP Forums, at his PEAK, I genuinely think 682 could beat every Ultraman.

.. Emphasis on his peak. SCP characters, especially ones like 682, are TERRIBLY inconsistent when it comes to power. One story can have 682 being killed by bullets, others turn him into a monster that literally absorbs all of reality and has the most batsh*t plot manipulation of any character I've ever seen. There's a reason why a lot of people feel like the SCP cast aren't really made for versus debates
My point, the inconsistency, but the thing is, 682 takes a shit-ton of time to adapt to big situations, that gives Noa enough time to pop him with a single Lightning Noa, and 682 is done.
Last edited by CamtheGodzillafan on Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:35 pm

My point, the inconsistency, but the thing is, 682 takes a shit-ton of time to adapt to big situations, that gives Noa enough time to pop him with a single Lightning Noa, and 682 is done.

If we go by power scaling or scaling from Quora or the internet then....well....you know...
Showa Goji best Godzilla

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

EarthNeronga wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:38 pm

If we go by power scaling or scaling from Quora or the internet then....well....you know...
If by powerscaling, like the whole 'universe level' shit, then I will fucking leave.

EarthNeronga
Gotengo Officer

Post by EarthNeronga »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:39 pm
EarthNeronga wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:38 pm

If by powerscaling, like the whole 'universe level' shit, then I will fucking leave.
its still a argument that people use though; and theres nothing wrong about it just as long as your not a asshole
Showa Goji best Godzilla

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

SCP as an entity gets on my nerves tbh. It just feels like a bunch of kids rushing to make as many obscure ideas as possible a reality, only to potentially lose their rights as soon as someone decides to make "SCP" a brand. Tons of kids and other folk aren't aware that these obscure stories they're coming up with are just being drowned out by the next one, and the next one, and so on and so forth. They aren't aware that the lack of copyright is a complete mind-killer.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira