The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

For comments, discussion and further information regarding the site's K.W.C. section found in the Articles.
ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Re: The K.W.C. General Discussion Thread

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
This match was really good! I loved the idea of Max Spiel’s pit-fighting arena from G:TS being utilized as the setting for a match; I’m a sucker for matches that think outside the box when it comes to settings for the combat.

Speaking of which, using the Kaiju-fighting ring from Cash of the Titans added a different level of tension to the battle; both monsters are victims that were taken from their homes and forced to fight for the entertainment of rich capitalist fuckwads. Even though I was wholeheartedly rooting for King Kong to win, I was hoping that he wouldn’t kill King Cobra in the end. Thus, it was quite sad when the snake ended up dying.

As for the battle itself, it too was well executed. The action was delightfully brutal, and there were more than a few good tense moments that made it seem uncertain who would turn out triumphant.

Great stuff, Soggy! If there is to be a sequel, I can’t wait to see what it is. Hopefully someone will set—Kong and whatever other captive Kaiju that reside there—free.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:35 pm
Spoiler:
the Mutant Arena from the finale of Godzilla The Series....though it doesn't help I only found out after submitting it's Max Spiel , not Spigel. My fault for going off memory :p
Spoiler:
Will be fair and say that I looked it up and saw "Spigel" online too... So clearly, you weren't the only one misremembering. :lol: I've already made the corrections, so no qualms. ;)
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KaijuX wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:10 pm
Spoiler:
Will be fair and say that I looked it up and saw "Spigel" online too... So clearly, you weren't the only one misremembering. :lol: I've already made the corrections, so no qualms. ;)
[/quote]

ShinGojira14 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:13 pm
Spoiler:
Even though I was wholeheartedly rooting for King Kong to win, I was hoping that he wouldn’t kill King Cobra in the end. Thus, it was quite sad when the snake ended up dying.
You aren't the only one lol.
Spoiler:
I tried as hard as I could to keep King Cobra alive and end it in a knockout but it just didn't feel like a Kong win without an exceptionally brutal finisher (though he kind of lucked out, my original plan was for Kong to beat him into submisson and fry him via the exposed circuit to escape before I had the series idea)

RIP Evan.

Coobzilla03
EDF Instructor

Post by Coobzilla03 »

Good story! I've got a question about it. I'll spoiler tag just in case.
Spoiler:
"He grabbed a boulder as he ran, lifting it over his face. He could hear the splat as King Cobra’s webbing like venom splattered over the rock. Still, he stood resolved and ran forward until he felt the crack of the rock and a pained hiss as he and the snake finally collided. The snake lunged at the mighty beast, but he quickly wrestled his arms around the viper’s head, slamming it to the ground."

What is happening here? To me it seems like he runs towards King Cobra until he runs into him with the rock, and then the rock kinda disappears? He must drop it as soon as he rams Cobra with it, but I'm not sure.
Resized Image

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Coobzilla03 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:29 pm Good story! I've got a question about it. I'll spoiler tag just in case.
Spoiler:
"He grabbed a boulder as he ran, lifting it over his face. He could hear the splat as King Cobra’s webbing like venom splattered over the rock. Still, he stood resolved and ran forward until he felt the crack of the rock and a pained hiss as he and the snake finally collided. The snake lunged at the mighty beast, but he quickly wrestled his arms around the viper’s head, slamming it to the ground."

What is happening here? To me it seems like he runs towards King Cobra until he runs into him with the rock, and then the rock kinda disappears? He must drop it as soon as he rams Cobra with it, but I'm not sure.

Bingo.
Spoiler:
Running with boulder as shield until he slams into the cobra then quickly drops it to grapple with Cobra.

RIP Evan.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

I just realized something: the Feedback Survey for last year didn’t have a Request A Match to The Staff like it’s predecessors did.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:14 pm I just realized something: the Feedback Survey for last year didn’t have a Request A Match to The Staff like it’s predecessors did.
Indeed. Unless someone from the K.W.C. staff corrects me here, I'm pretty sure there will be no "Community Request" match like the last few years for 2023.
Last edited by Greyshot151 on Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

TitanoGoji16
KWC Kontroller
KWC Kontroller

Post by TitanoGoji16 »

CommanderPhoenix wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:48 pm So, the big moratorium on Shin Ultraman spoilers is up. I'm still gonna put it behind a spoiler, but it was on the front page from a Godzilla Battle Line update so I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone.
Spoiler:
So we're not getting Shin Zetton, right?
Spoiler:
How would most monsters even reach him to fight him? Not to mention no one else can create a singularity in order to suck him into a black hole... Don't get me wrong, I'd love Zetton in the KWC, but Shin Zetton just doesn't work.
"Name me one fight where Anguirus didn't get his dick kicked in."

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

TitanoGoji16 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:23 pm
CommanderPhoenix wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:48 pm So, the big moratorium on Shin Ultraman spoilers is up. I'm still gonna put it behind a spoiler, but it was on the front page from a Godzilla Battle Line update so I'm sure it's not a surprise to anyone.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
How would most monsters even reach him to fight him? Not to mention no one else can create a singularity in order to suck him into a black hole... Don't get me wrong, I'd love Zetton in the KWC, but Shin Zetton just doesn't work.
There is always the KWCE.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised.
Last edited by Moth on Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Moth wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:11 pm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised.
Gotta follow the formula.
Spoiler:
Mothra Leo fights Shin Zetton, can't make a singularity to best him. Gets a new form, new powers wins lol

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Loved the new match from top to bottom.
Also, is this the quickest that a sequel to a match has come out? IoTF was only eight matches ago.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Spoiler:
GARGANTUAS IN BATTLE ARMOR

AWESOME.

Can't lie, I'm a little sad Junior lost again. Also pretty shocked Utsuno took an L, was genuinely expecting him to be one of the winners. Awesome fight all around though! More Desghidorah is always welcome and it's nice to see the Gargantuas back again.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Brendan, I've got a post of thanks for you on p. 47 of "The K.W.C.E. Requests Thread!". I hope you like it.
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Anguirus thrusting the sword into Desghiddy with a Thunderball was awesome, 9/10 match for me, great work!

Logan268
Gotengo Officer

Post by Logan268 »

Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 am Also, is this the quickest that a sequel to a match has come out? IoTF was only eight matches ago.
Monster X vs Bagan's Sequel, Bagan vs Everyone came out immediately after the former and Mothra (Heisei) vs Mechagodzilla (Showa) and Jikiro's sequel, Mothra (Millenium) vs Mechagodzilla (Showa) and Jikiro were also back to back.

Dunkeeni
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dunkeeni »

Logan268 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:09 pm
Dunkeeni wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 am Also, is this the quickest that a sequel to a match has come out? IoTF was only eight matches ago.
Monster X vs Bagan's Sequel, Bagan vs Everyone came out immediately after the former and Mothra (Heisei) vs Mechagodzilla (Showa) and Jikiro's sequel, Mothra (Millenium) vs Mechagodzilla (Showa) and Jikiro were also back to back.
I more so meant time-wise, since Bagan vs. Everyone was before the K.W.C. had the typical 10-day schedule. But I completely forgot about the Mothra vs. Mech duology.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Spoiler:
“The consequences will arrive in due time.”

Well, if that isn’t the most ominous line of possible Ultima foreshadowing I’ve ever heard, I don’t know what is.

Gods and prophecies are easily the biggest dicks in the universe.

Anyway, this match was every bit as great as its predecessors, following in the footsteps on quality. I’m not sure what was going on with Desghidorah being born from magma, but that was creative as hell. And Showa Godzilla being depicted as a full-grown Minilla was an equally unique choice—though I’m curious to find out how Godzilla himself died.

Great stuff, Vincent and Alex! I can’t wait to see what the next installment brings!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:54 pm
Spoiler:
I’m not sure what was going on with Desghidorah being born from magma, but that was creative as hell.
Spoiler:
Apparently some encyclopedias for Rebirth of Mothra are saying Desghidorah isn't an actual Ghidorah family member. He's a weird, alien parasite that managed to absorb Grand King Ghidorah's DNA and dove into a volcano to become a weird lava/Ghidorah hybrid. That's why he looks so different from the other Ghidorahs.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

FatBaconUnicorn
JXSDF Technician

Post by FatBaconUnicorn »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:54 pm
Spoiler:

Anyway, this match was every bit as great as its predecessors, following in the footsteps on quality. I’m not sure what was going on with Desghidorah being born from magma, but that was creative as hell.
Spoiler:
This was actually from a Toho source, I can't remember the exact source KajuX would know probably, where Desghidorah's origins are a amoeba that saw King Ghidorah and copied tbe form. So I wanted to incorporate that here.
Also thank you for the kind words everyone, glad y'all are enjoying the match!

Edit: I think me and Gigantis replied at the same time my bad lmao
Last edited by FatBaconUnicorn on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.