Godzilla x Evangelion - Collaboration

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla x Evangelion - Collaboration

Post by imposterzilla »

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Theory time:

What if Seele was founded by Xiliens to see if Human Instrumentality worked so they could get out of their evolutionary deadend?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

You can find videos of the Pachnko machines playing the animations of Godzilla and Eva stuff easily on Youtube. I've seen most of the footage, but none of it is incredibly long or interesting. The best one, is Angel King Ghidorah putting up an AT-Field, and Eva Unit 01 trying to break it open, before Shin gives Godzilla a powerup and turns it into "G" (that strange Godzilla-Eva hybrid). In action, G is incredibly fast and mobile, like the Eva units, but also super strong. There is sort of a cool musical theme that combines the Godzilla theme with a few notes of Cruel Angel's thesis.

Btw, a few weeks ago I "played" Pachinko in Tokyo using the Godzilla vs. Eva machine. Pachnko is boring and strange, but at least I can say I played it. I got a scene of Mari versus Shin Godzilla, where she uses a large laser rifle to try and snipe Shin but fails.

Overall it's a cool collab, but they need to not make this be pachinko/ride exclusive. Just release a 20-30 minute OVA and call it a day.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Wonder what the plot is?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

imposterzilla wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:04 am Wonder what the plot is?
Shin Godzilla appear
Eva go fight Shin Godzilla
Shin Ghidorah appear
Eva and Shin Godzilla go fight Shin Ghidorah
the end

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If they make another Godzilla game one day, maybe they could add the Evas as guest characters.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:20 pm If they make another Godzilla game one day, maybe they could add the Evas as guest characters.
A full-fledged Godzilla vs Evangelion fighting game on consoles and PC would be a great way to use the properties in tandem, especially if it got an international release. We can dream…
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

CyberZilla wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:27 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:20 pm If they make another Godzilla game one day, maybe they could add the Evas as guest characters.
A full-fledged Godzilla vs Evangelion fighting game on consoles and PC would be a great way to use the properties in tandem, especially if it got an international release. We can dream…
What if Ultraman was included too?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:23 pm
What if Ultraman was included too?
It sweetens the deal!
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It's almost as if there's some sort of crazy Shin Ultra Heroes collaboration going on!
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:42 pm It's almost as if there's some sort of crazy Shin Ultra Heroes collaboration going on!
That would be a good place for the collab. Kamen Rider can be enlarged to fight with the others.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:42 pm It's almost as if there's some sort of crazy Shin Ultra Heroes collaboration going on!
I’m surprised we haven’t heard more yet. I know it would be a merch machine, but even then we’ve had surprisingly little merch announced.
He Jock it Made of Steel

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:57 am
I’m surprised we haven’t heard more yet. I know it would be a merch machine, but even then we’ve had surprisingly little merch announced.
Probably waiting for Kamen Rider.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

If they want my money even more, a Shin Japan Heroes fighting game would make that money fly out of my wallet in seconds.

Resized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Having King Ghidorah being the king of angels doesn’t bother me but but it’s the design which is just Hesisi design with some red bulb in the middle of it, they already have a unique design for Kimg Ghidorah, in the 4-D Ride, Why not use that design instead of copy and paste with some minor differences

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:03 pm Having King Ghidorah being the king of angels doesn’t bother me but but it’s the design which is just Hesisi design with some red bulb in the middle of it, they already have a unique design for Kimg Ghidorah, in the 4-D Ride, Why not use that design instead of copy and paste with some minor differences
Because Heisei King Ghidorah is one of the most loved Ghidorah's in the franchise, and they can do what they want with KG.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

CamtheGodzillafan wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:25 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:03 pm Having King Ghidorah being the king of angels doesn’t bother me but but it’s the design which is just Hesisi design with some red bulb in the middle of it, they already have a unique design for Kimg Ghidorah, in the 4-D Ride, Why not use that design instead of copy and paste with some minor differences
Because Heisei King Ghidorah is one of the most loved Ghidorah's in the franchise, and they can do what they want with KG.
OK but I still think that they should’ve done something more with the Design

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:29 pm
I have absolutely zero evidence to back it up, but I imagine the reason the other design wasn't used was because a different production team made both videos, and where either unaware of the other design existing, couldn't get access to it for some reason, or just didn't care.
He Jock it Made of Steel

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Jetty_Jags wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:44 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:29 pm

I have absolutely zero evidence to back it up, but I imagine the reason the other design wasn't used was because a different production team made both videos, and where either unaware of the other design existing, couldn't get access to it for some reason, or just didn't care.
That is a possible reason, One was made for a 4d ride and the other one was made for a gambling machine

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Regarding Shin Ghidorah versus Angel Ghidorah:
LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 2:22 am It's not an obstacle, I'm pointing out that they're two completely different projects. One was for USJ, the other is made for Pachinko. It's possible that this collaboration overall is bottom up, and not bottom down. IE, there's a high likelihood whoever made it wasn't aware of Shin Ghidorah and just chose to slap an angel core on Ghidorah. It's also possible that it was easier to use a model of Ghidorah, which I THINK might be ripped from the Godzilla Ps4 game, then get the Shin Ghidorah model and change it to be more "realistic".

There's also a chance they didn't want to reuse Shin Ghidorah's design, because it's not as immediately recognizable to non-Godzilla fans. Keep in mind LEGALLY, only the lucky few who went to the USJ crossover and/or bought the figure would have any idea what Shin Ghidorah looks like. Meanwhile, the people playing Pachinko probably do have a better chance of recognizing Heisei Ghidorah.