Spiral Studios

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Re: Spiral Studios

Post by king_ghidorah »

The vinyl Godzilla that Spiral unveiled yesterday is some next level stuff. That will be a grail piece for sure.

I’m still undecided on Behemoth. I’m leaning towards no at the moment. It looks amazing. It’s just too big and expensive for a character with five seconds of screen time.

That being said, I am picking up the Queen MUTO to pair with the Godzilla. Kind of a representation of G 2014 with updated designs for my collection.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

This thread needs a bump.

Spiral is now doing a Legacy series of pre-MV Godzilla figures, starting with this gorgeous 2001.

Very interested to see what they do, especially with stuff this gorgeous. Hope they can do some of classic Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra and MG, given they lisencesd them.

They've also teased their next figure, and honestly, it's likely the last one you were expecting.......

RIP Evan.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Spiral Studios? These are the guys whose statues cost as much as a down payment on a car, right?

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:16 pm Spiral Studios? These are the guys whose statues cost as much as a down payment on a car, right?
Yeeeep. For the top 1% fans lol. I can't believe these things sell to warrant more releases.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

They’ve now shown a character from a comic tie in….full sculpt and everything. I can’t imagine spending 1k on a figure from a shitty comic but there’s probably a few fans that will.

They did tease a G 98 sculpt so that’s neat for all of the fans of that movie. Genuinely happy for those folks.

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

Legion1979 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:16 pm Spiral Studios? These are the guys whose statues cost as much as a down payment on a car, right?
This GMK Godzilla is $700, which is right in the same range as of some of the X-plus Gigantic series. Yeah it’s expensive (I’m certainly not buying them), but let’s not act like Spiral is way out in left field compared to other other similar products concerning their prices.

The Ghidorah was outrageous because it was a Gigantic scale King Ghidorah. Ghidorah statues are always dramatically more than other kaiju because of the size, complexity, and fragility (for example, 25cm x plus Ghidorahs are typically 3 to 4 times the price of the respective Godzilla)

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I gotta wonder if anyone in this forum has the money to regularly or semi regularly buy these figures. Like, you gotta be pretty damn rich to be able to drop that much on something with no consequences. This coming from someone who regularly drops $200-$500 on shit and regularly faces the consequences AKA eating toast sandwiches for a week XD

G1985
Gotengo Officer

Post by G1985 »

Executive Hamster wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:21 pm I gotta wonder if anyone in this forum has the money to regularly or semi regularly buy these figures. Like, you gotta be pretty damn rich to be able to drop that much on something with no consequences. This coming from someone who regularly drops $200-$500 on poop and regularly faces the consequences AKA eating toast sandwiches for a week XD
And by "regularly" I mean "does it for three+ years without consequences". As an open question for all of those people, for comparison's sake what kind of car do you own?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Honestly, I think Spiral's apparent success comes down to one factor:

Capitalizing on a new market - Excluding their first product which was MV King Ghidorah, most of their product lines focus on popular monsters that haven't had releases in other figure lines like Monster Arts. MV Mothra Larva, the MUTO, Behemoth, even the Gigantosaurus; all of these seem to point to the company trying to focus on high quality products of monsters people want but can't get. GMK Godzilla and Zilla definitely change that focus, but we will have to see if it proves successful.

For me, I'd like to get the Mothra MV Larva, MUTO Queen and 98, but my wallet and better judgement will probably force me to wait and choose just one of them for a holiday or something :lol:
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Spiral Studio is proud to present the fourth release from Titans of the Monsterverse, with king of the monsters himself.

TOTM-GZ005: Godzilla(2019) was sculpted and painted using real assets and references from the movie “Godzilla: King of the Monsters, with absolute accuracy.

ORDER DETAILS
・ Pre-order Starts: 1 November, 2022
・ Est. Arrival: Q 4, 2023
・ Edition Size: 399

PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS
・3D Sculpt by Vlad Konstantinov
・Dimensions - H: 49 cm / W: 53 cm / L: 76 cm
・Materials: Vinyl and PU Resin
https://www.instagram.com/p/CkFMyr-JXCT/
Last edited by Gojira2K on Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Showed off the head sculpt of Zilla. Looks great.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Since no one has posted it yet, here are a bunch of pictures of the Zilla figure as well as some info:

Pre-order Starts: February 11, 2023 - 3:00 P.M. (GMT+7, BKK Time)
Est. Arrival: Q 1, 2024
Dimensions: H 44 x L 124 x W 71 cm.
Materials: PU Resin and PVC
Sculptor: Tanaka Kenichi
Edition Size: TBD
MSRP: $1099
Non-refundable Deposit: $400

Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

I must say that statue really helps you appreciate that design more.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Gojira2K wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:43 pm Since no one has posted it yet, here are a bunch of pictures of the Zilla figure as well as some info:

Pre-order Starts: February 11, 2023 - 3:00 P.M. (GMT+7, BKK Time)
Est. Arrival: Q 1, 2024
Dimensions: H 44 x L 124 x W 71 cm.
Materials: PU Resin and PVC
Sculptor: Tanaka Kenichi
Edition Size: TBD
MSRP: $1099
Non-refundable Deposit: $400

That’s cool and all but did they scope the female genitalia? It’s important
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I wouldn't say a cloaca is specifically female, unless there was more to it how they did it on the design? God how I wish I afford that. Any idea if u can just pay it over time after the down payment?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

$400 for a down payment is insane to me lol, gorgeous sculpt though.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The statue actually makes me wish Zilla was a subspecies in the MV.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

I'm not sure if you guys have seen just how big this is....it's insane....it DWARFS their KG 2019!

Fermix
EDF Instructor

Post by Fermix »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:30 am I'm not sure if you guys have seen just how big this is....it's insane....it DWARFS their KG 2019!
Only raises the question of who the fuck is buying these things and where are they putting them
I am aggregating Toho collectible scoops on my Twitter account. Please consider giving me a follow!