Things you want to see in MV5?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Re: Things you want to see in MV5?

Post by Janjira-York »

I want to see Godzilla having the 14 weight and inertia on the movements.

big chonky believable physics

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Janjira-York wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:54 pm I want to see Godzilla having the 14 weight and inertia on the movements.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind that, although I personally never had a problem with his movement in the newer films. There’s something about the “nuclear bulldozer” fighting style that feels very impactful and powerful. Would be great if either the film or the new show manages to recapture that vibe to an extent.

Overall, I think my biggest wish for the film is to see the HE truly expanded in it’s environmental scope. Varied habitats, darker and spookier looking caverns etc

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Dv-218 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 am Overall, I think my biggest wish for the film is to see the HE truly expanded in it’s environmental scope. Varied habitats, darker and spookier looking caverns etc
Expanding on that, I think it would be cool to get an explanation of Kong and Goji's "civilizations", the war, what happened, etc.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:37 am
Dv-218 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 am Overall, I think my biggest wish for the film is to see the HE truly expanded in it’s environmental scope. Varied habitats, darker and spookier looking caverns etc
Expanding on that, I think it would be cool to get an explanation of Kong and Goji's "civilizations", the war, what happened, etc.
That is my biggest want for the MV right now. It's rife with potential worldbuilding.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

shadowgigan wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:37 am
Hell yeah, this is absolutely one of my biggest wishes for this film and the MV as a whole right now. Doesn’t need to be done via forced flashbacks or anything, just some further lore exploration via various artifacts and a general rundown of what exactly happened. It would be a great ground for shedding light on some of the more burning mysteries while simultaneously giving Godzilla and Kong’s characters even more context.

Janjira-York
G-Force Personnel

Post by Janjira-York »

Dv-218 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 am
Janjira-York wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:54 pm I want to see Godzilla having the 14 weight and inertia on the movements.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind that, although I personally never had a problem with his movement in the newer films. There’s something about the “nuclear bulldozer” fighting style that feels very impactful and powerful. Would be great if either the film or the new show manages to recapture that vibe to an extent.

Overall, I think my biggest wish for the film is to see the HE truly expanded in it’s environmental scope. Varied habitats, darker and spookier looking caverns etc
absolutely agree for as bad ass and flashy as kotm action was, the nuclear crocobear shoves and pushes that looked slow but covered so much ground fast had so much weight and I would imagine thought when making the scene put into it

and i dont mean just fights just the movements, the way the fluid moves when he was on water

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I want the human characters to have some flavor to them without being too cartoony. Like, Ronny Chieng was wasted in GvK, he could've played a fun character that tagged along or something. Or maybe just don't cut out chunks of character scenes from the film, it's crazy to hear about how different things could've been with the scenes Eiza Gonzales brought up.

I was rewatching Mothra vs Godzilla recently and it stuck out to me how nearly every character has a moment to cement themselves in the plot, or just exuberating some kind of little "quirk" that makes them stand out a bit. Or maybe the better way to put it is how they work with the screentime they get. Nothing needs to be super complex or deep, just something to feel like things are leading somewhere.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos