Official Ultraman Decker Thread

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Official Ultraman Decker Thread

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I enjoyed this episode. Although, the fact its stinger is shown to barely even matter in next episode does kinda damper it.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Just finished the latest episode. I wonder if they're building to the return of the Giant Yapool we all know. Z had a similar episode with Barabas popping up out of no where, and now Decker too. Won't be surprised if the movie is Z, Trigger and Decker against Yapool forces, if not only Trigger and Decker (would love Z to show again, maybe throw Ace in there too). Still dislike Aribunta in general... We haven't seen Velokron, Doragoris or Vakishim in sometime now. Let alone, my favorite Lunatyx that hasn't been sen since Victory Fight.

And to add insult to injury, the next episode takes place on the moon... With Galactron Mk. 2!? Not f'n Lunatyx. -_-

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Latest episode with another Trigger crossover was ok. But the illusion of them being on the moon was shattered as they were fighting in a warehouse with daylight clearly visible in the windows in the background. How did they not notice that when filming?
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Well spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
Geomos is, indeed, returning in a new Sphere Geomos, opposed to Neo Geomos, form. The design looks great, but I'm kinda' baffeled by it because we got Sphere Gomora. Geomos in Dyna was literally a Gomora stand-in, thus I thought it was going full circle just bypassing Geomos for a Sphere Gomora. But alas. Apparently, this is the episode Dyna will appear in.

And Mother Spheresaurus is a modified Chimerabelos suit. Wish I would have seen these magazine scans earlier on.

Sphere monsters all-out assault sounds like there could be some fun episodes ahead.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:15 pm Well spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
Geomos is, indeed, returning in a new Sphere Geomos, opposed to Neo Geomos, form. The design looks great, but I'm kinda' baffeled by it because we got Sphere Gomora. Geomos in Dyna was literally a Gomora stand-in, thus I thought it was going full circle just bypassing Geomos for a Sphere Gomora. But alas. Apparently, this is the episode Dyna will appear in.

And Mother Spheresaurus is a modified Chimerabelos suit. Wish I would have seen these magazine scans earlier on.

Sphere monsters all-out assault sounds like there could be some fun episodes ahead.
Spoiler:
Dyna!
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Just finished playing catch-up after I missed last Decker Friday. The Moon episode may have been faster-paced but besides the Hanejiro segments, it was consistently reaching a level of boring comparable to early Ultra Q, which is ironic considering Lord Ragon is actively trying to replicate Ultra Q and ended up being way better!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

I liked this week’s episode but I still felt disappointed slightly
Spoiler:
I think I was expecting to see Asuka to appear and they went a different direction, maybe in the movie. Also was odd not to see Dyna Miracle.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Just watched episode 22. Damn that was a fantastic fight! I like it when fights go in phases and the last one is very 'both are clearly tired/powering down but they keep going!'

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

Well, thus far, I really like this show as it has many solid episodes with two or three that I could have done without. But the one thing I dislike is having Trigger show up so much. He got his own show, they should let Decker have his with minimal intervention. But that's just me venting. I do like how Mother Spheresaurus looks. It is a great design in my opinion.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
I haven't yet seen any news on it, but does anyone know if there is a teaser trailer for the Decker movie yet? And what show will be next after Decker ends?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

mikenes wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:19 pm Well, thus far, I really like this show as it has many solid episodes with two or three that I could have done without. But the one thing I dislike is having Trigger show up so much. He got his own show, they should let Decker have his with minimal intervention. But that's just me venting. I do like how Mother Spheresaurus looks. It is a great design in my opinion.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
I haven't yet seen any news on it, but does anyone know if there is a teaser trailer for the Decker movie yet? And what show will be next after Decker ends?
https://youtu.be/sHcz9AkyEZE

Here's the trailer.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I've been falling out on Decker for the past couple episodes but wow, what a penultimate episode this was.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Man, episode 24 was exhilarating!
Spoiler:
The complaint I had with the constant Decker vs Terraphaser battles actually paid off with Agams' redemption & sacrifice. Agams seeing his wife again hit in the feels, I was cheering when he turned against the Spheres!
Mother Spheresaurus looks great, she's imposing and totally chews the scenery.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The only complaint I had with this episode is
Spoiler:
with what happened to Agams. Seriously, did he really have to die RIGHT AFTER HE WAS SAVED? They went literally the most predictable route possible. Doesn't really make me any less excited for next Friday but still, I would've liked Agams to live and, heck, maybe even rejoin GUTS-SELECT to help stop the present-day Spheres from destroying Bazdo in the first place.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:46 am The only complaint I had with this episode is
Spoiler:
with what happened to Agams. Seriously, did he really have to die RIGHT AFTER HE WAS SAVED? They went literally the most predictable route possible. Doesn't really make me any less excited for next Friday but still, I would've liked Agams to live and, heck, maybe even rejoin GUTS-SELECT to help stop the present-day Spheres from destroying Bazdo in the first place.
Spoiler:
I'm having doubts he's gone for good. I expect he'll be back, if not for the final episode, for the movie (which I think also shows Terraphaser). They played similar games in the past.

Quote of the Year:

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Quasi spoilerish theory I saw today
Spoiler:
Kanata may end up using the Sparklence with a Decker Hyper Key as that is a toy release that was published recently.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Can't wait for the finale tonight! Decker's show has been a fun journey to follow, with many down-to--Earth episodes I was impressed by.

mikenes
EDF Instructor

Post by mikenes »

***Sigh*** The beginning of the finale seemed promising for the first 10 minutes, but how in the heck were they able to repair Terraphaser AND the Narse base so quickly after they said that they were basically mostly out of commission? I was hoping the final battle between Mother Spheresaurus and Decker was more fierce and exhilarating, kind of when Orb fought Maga Orochi for that two-part episode in Orb's show. But I really do like her design very much.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Well, Decker ends like how it, for the most part, has always been; pretty good. Nowhere close to Z-tier but a definite improvement from Trigger.

I do have something to say about the finale's plot, though, so here's the tag.
Spoiler:
I feel like the waving scene far overstayed its welcome. Like, they absolutely could've cut after Ichika said "Everybody!" and there would be no difference. As for the timeslot gap that'd leave, I have a solution for that. Remember Grace and his daughter from the Sphere Neomegas episode? How about that Alien Pitt girl (I think Yui?) and her Eleking? Why didn't we get a montage of them and the other aliens that we know were trapped on Earth finally getting to return to their planets? Such a missed opportunity.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Finished the finale, thought it was pretty good all things considered. I do agree that there were a few missed opportunities.
Spoiler:
The fact it ended with humanity's spaceships from other colonies returning to Earth as they called their loved ones was really sweet, and was a good way to tie up the parallels to the pandemic and isolation. It was cool that they had Trigger/Kengo appear to help Decker/Kanata gain his power again. I also appreciated how the finale stayed devoted to letting GUTS help Decker defeat Mother Spheresaurus.
More to say but, very solid show. Awesome cast that was a joy to see grow. We got the Decker film in February to look forward to!
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I've made another attempt to watch Decker, and I watched the first eight* episodes.

I thought episode 1 and 2 did a good job at establishing the stakes and characters. 3 with Gomora took good advantage of the Sphere transformation gimmick (and Sphere Gomora looks cool) and I liked episode 4 a lot. 5 was okay, but it was an interesting scenario having aliens trapped on earth. Then I realized what happened and why I stopped watching it. 6 is a recap episode, and 7+8 are the Trigger continuation episodes. I hadn't watched Trigger at that point and thought I'd go back, but this time I made my resolve to just watch it seeing as I don't like trigger.

Episodes 7+8 were about what I expected, and they confirmed the cast of Trigger is god awful. While some of the action was good, this really presented a roadblock and broke the momentum. At the very least I now feel like I don't need to watch Trigger. I made it past the roadblock so that makes me happy.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.