Vintage Kaiju Figures Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Re: Vintage Kaiju Figures Thread

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

BandaiBandit, thank you for your input. BandaiBandit or Planetxman maybe one of you might be able to tell me what compnay this logo belongs to. And what the MS stands for? Thanks.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

This Debate carried over in the Godzilla Collectors Group on Facebook.

And I will say this, unless you are a Vintage collector and have experience in this hobby, I do not take your opinion seriously. Sorry if that sounds pompous. But this is a small group of people involved with collecting the oldest Godzilla vinyl toys. Bandais are great too, but by the time 1983 came around, there was already Marusan, Bullmark and Popy.
So the original Bandai and Yamakatsu are now 30 years old. If they are to be (technically) considered Vintage, there should be seperate ages or classifications set forth and agreed upon by the majority of Vintage collectors and dealers.
You cannot compare the 60's/70's vinyl with the 1983 and beyond toys.
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

Don't have time to respond in full regarding that last post, but I will just say this and come back later to elaborate.

I'd be more inclined to listen to someone with experience in Vintage, who's dealt with it and understands it than some novice collector.
It's like watching a Pro Football game. Who's commentating ? Ex players, ex coaches, etc. Not some kid who plays two hand touch in the street.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Planetxman wrote:Don't have time to respond in full regarding that last post, but I will just say this and come back later to elaborate.

I'd be more inclined to listen to someone with experience in Vintage, who's dealt with it and understands it than some novice collector.
It's like watching a Pro Football game. Who's commentating ? Ex players, ex coaches, etc. Not some kid who plays two hand touch in the street.
That's a problematic analogy, and seems to suggest that this matter should be decided by professional toy designers and manufacturers.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:BandaiBandit, thank you for your input. BandaiBandit or Planetxman maybe one of you might be able to tell me what compnay this logo belongs to. And what the MS stands for? Thanks.
I can tell you this much: that is the stamp indicates the in between year or so(1968/1969) when Bullmark was taking over from Marusan. Marusan Godzilla items ran from 1966 to 1967,went bankrupt 1968 and Bullmark officially started Godzilla line in 1969.
Gabara was not finished by Marusan but finished by Bullmark. Minya & Gabara both have this in between mark, but not all. Best as I know MS stands for the rights of Marusan. Maru (meaning "circle") and san (meaning "three", because of the three founders), and the logo is SAN written inside a circle. Bullmark release them with this logo, they were unfinished by Marusan.
Godzilla Toys Never Get Old, Just People That Own Them!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

BandaiBandit wrote:
Kaiju no Mura wrote:BandaiBandit, thank you for your input. BandaiBandit or Planetxman maybe one of you might be able to tell me what compnay this logo belongs to. And what the MS stands for? Thanks.
I can tell you this much: that is the stamp indicates the in between year or so(1968/1969) when Bullmark was taking over from Marusan. Marusan Godzilla items ran from 1966 to 1967,went bankrupt 1968 and Bullmark officially started Godzilla line in 1969.
Gabara was not finished by Marusan but finished by Bullmark. Minya & Gabara both have this in between mark, but not all. Best as I know MS stands for the rights of Marusan. Maru (meaning "circle") and san (meaning "three", because of the three founders), and the logo is SAN written inside a circle. Bullmark release them with this logo, they were unfinished by Marusan.
Thank you. Just a FYI the hiyoko (baby chick) marking is Shimada Toys. Shimada Toys was a toy factory that made Marusan and Bullmark kaiju toys.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

Ya, its been awhile but I was told that years ago.
Just couldn't remember the name. Its a cool piece of history!

Kaiju no Mura
Interpol Agent

Post by Kaiju no Mura »

BandaiBandit wrote:Ya, its been awhile but I was told that years ago.
Yes, the history is sure cool on these toys and fun to learn.

Lulubell Toys is offering a pre-order for the classic ;) Yamakatsu MosuGoji mold as unpainted black vinyl. For obvious licensing issues it's been named "King of All Beast." It's rumor that the mold is being made off the original iron casting from Yamakatsu. I'm currently trying to confirm this directly with Amy at Lulubell.
SHUT UP AND KAIJŪ!

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

I had a whole mint case of Yamakatsu figures for sale at G-Fest once!
The box art is really nice! The guy who bought the box, also got a full set too!
Its was a once in a life time find for me! ;)

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

Well...3 are green.

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

The M.G.'s hang tag is a dead ringer for a vintage vinyl! LMAO!!!
Really, that Gorosaurus doesn't belong in your collection, so just let me put it into mine! :P

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

Congrats Jim !

rhil5355
Young Farmer

Post by rhil5355 »

I have this same Godzilla figure that I got at a swap meet back in the early 80,s. The sound no longer works and I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about fixing it or who to take it to.

Thank you,
Robin

MM The Destroyer
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MM The Destroyer »

Kaiju no Mura wrote:
BandaiBandit wrote:Ya, its been awhile but I was told that years ago.
Yes, the history is sure cool on these toys and fun to learn.

Lulubell Toys is offering a pre-order for the classic ;) Yamakatsu MosuGoji mold as unpainted black vinyl. For obvious licensing issues it's been named "King of All Beast." It's rumor that the mold is being made off the original iron casting from Yamakatsu. I'm currently trying to confirm this directly with Amy at Lulubell.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8112/8660 ... 327d68.jpg
... I'd buy that.
I'm Back... for a... Damn it, I lost count!
Godzelda wrote:
Inferno Rodan wrote:But regardless, what on earth makes you think that, say, Spacegodzilla's Corona beam, which penetrated Godzilla's hide on more than one occasion, is more damaging than a nuke on a point-for-point basis?
It hurt Godzilla. That's why I think that.

TK's #1 most reported, popular, hated, loved, sarcastic kaiju pleb.

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

rhil5355 wrote:I have this same Godzilla figure that I got at a swap meet back in the early 80,s. The sound no longer works and I was wondering if anyone knew how to go about fixing it or who to take it to.

Thank you,
Robin
Could you upload the image and link it to us possibly? We'd need to know what figure it is.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I don't know if these count as 'vintage'.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/ult ... 0925152742
A very big image of erasers of various Ultraman monsters.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

GojiKing
Young Farmer

Post by GojiKing »

I would love to see some vintage Gamera, he's my focus soon.

{---HYPERZeTToN---}
G-Force Personnel

Post by {---HYPERZeTToN---} »

https://www.kaijubattle.net/godzillatoh ... rd-gallery

Not sure if this is the right thread for this but I saw the news earlier of this specific figure with Lunar New Year colors and I thought it looked really neat, and this ia coming from someone who isn't really into vintage toys/modern figures with a vintage aesthetic

Preorders open on Saturday (link to website is included in blog)