Would you like Kong to have Martial arts Training?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Zillamon51
GPN Volunteer

Re: Would you like Kong to have Martial arts Training?

Post by Zillamon51 »

How useful would Kong-fu be against other species? Therapod dino-types like Godzilla have smaller arms, and tails. How much of it would work against Anguirus or MUTO? Other apes, fine. But an arm bar on Gigan or Megalon?

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Zillamon51 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:44 am How useful would Kong-fu be against other species? Therapod dino-types like Godzilla have smaller arms, and tails. How much of it would work against Anguirus or MUTO? Other apes, fine. But an arm bar on Gigan or Megalon?
Chokes are universal :lol:, especially an Ip-man style of multiple punches to the gut before a Tyson uppercut.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I think he should stick to more animalistic wrestling, etc. But whatever, if they are going to make a ridiculous movie, I dont see why not.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Honestly I think a blend of both specific choreographed moves and animalistic bashing-slashing would fit him fantastically, to signify both his human like qualities and him getting back to shape in the Hollow Earth. Specifically would be cool to finally see him utilize biting more often- you have massive honking fangs, use them lmao.