Any Friday the 13th fans here?

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Gigantis
Sazer

Re: Any Friday the 13th fans here?

Post by Gigantis »

cloverfan98 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:57 am
Gigantis wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:15 pm
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 5:05 pm HE'S BACK skreeonkers

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ch-SvR9pRnY/
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Cant see the post anymore whats going on?
There was an instagram post teasing Jason's return

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It was confirmed to just be a gag post and not actually an announcement, which is why it's taken down.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Interesting bit of news has just drifted in with announcement of a new FRIDAY THE 13th series coming up on the Peacock streaming service. Fan favorite show runner, and producer, Brian Fuller(HANNIBAL) will be producing the show as well. CRYSTAL LAKE along with A24 Studios will be a prequel to the film series. And despite the movie rights being all F.U.B.A.R. for the moment. All elements from the film franchise will be on the table for
use by Fuller and company due to some legal issues, differences that allow the TV series to have access to all the toys. Whereas the previous mentioned movie plans have ground to a halt for the time being. So Jason, the hockey mask, are available for use when the series gets to production. Although this is not the first time a F13 has been announced set in Crystal Lake, plus Ma Voorhees very special boy being part of the hijinks, and ended up falling through. So not holding my breath on this one.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/373892 ... ck-series/
Also from Rooster Teeth, Wiz, Boomstick, and DEATH BATTLE. Comes the Halloween, and Friday The 13th throwdown we've been wanting to see.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The One and Only
Futurian

Hellbaby. The monster you didn't get to see in the JASON GOES TO HELL.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

The One and Only
Futurian

Some interesting news about the Brian Fuller/A24 produced CRYSTAL LAKE prequel series that's set be streamed on Peacock. SCREAM creator Kevin Williamson has signed on the pen an episode. Also, original F13 final girl, Addrienne King, is set to have a recurring role on the show to boot.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/374706 ... th=series/
Then we also have a sneak preview to the F13 fan flick from Womp Stomp Studios, NEVER HIKE ALONE 2 .
Last edited by The One and Only on Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The One and Only
Futurian

Womp Stomp Films' latest chapter to their Friday The 13th Fan Film series, NEVER HIKE ALONE 2.

The One and Only
Futurian

Interview with JASON GOES TO HELL:The Final Friday director, Adam Marcus. On the divisive entry to the franchise. Also Marcus gets into the documentry of the ninth Friday, HEARTS OF DARKNESS:The Making of the Final Friday , and one other interesting bit. The bit concerns the return of the bounty hunter, Creighton Duke, the fan favorite bounty hunter with a grudge against Jason. Who like Jason, didn't face his final Friday either.
https://bloody-disgusting.com/interview ... es-return/

GoKelley86
Samurai

Post by GoKelley86 »

Of all the slasher franchises, Friday the 13th is my favorite as a series. Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street started off with classics and then devolved into mindless nonsense with multiple bad sequels. Friday picked a lane from the very beginning and stuck with it, staying as entertaining trash all the way through, and I appreciate that.

Anyway, here is my series ranking:

1) Part VI: Jason Lives - The birth of zombie Jason, the finale of the "Tommy Jarvis" trilogy, and an all-around fun slasher film that highlights all the best attributes of the series.
2) Part IV: The Final Chapter - Had it been the end, the series would have ended on a high note. We got the introduction of Jason's archnemesis, Tommy Jarvis, and what we thought at the time was Jason's last bloody escapade.
3) Part III - Over the top and ridiculous, but in a fun way. Also, its the first time we get Jason in the hockey mask, finally completing the iconic look.
4) Part II - First time Jason is the killer and a worthy sequel. Jason lacked some menace in the farmer get up and potato sack get up, but hey, it was a work in progress.
5) Freddy vs. Jason - Has problems, but when its Freddy and Jason on screen together, the film delivers exactly what it promises. Seeing the two icons is great and helps to overlook the problems with the human cast taking up time.
6) VII: The New Blood - Unfortunately, the gore got edited from the film, making it a somewhat muted entry and a series that is sold on its gore. Still, I enjoyed seeing Jason fight what was essentially a stand in for Carrie. That was fun.
7) Friday the 13th - The original film features some realistic and gruesome gore, a twist ending, and an all around solid slasher film. It isn't a Jason film, obviously, but it started a series that provided a lot of fun over the years.
8) Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday - Stupid and insane is the name of the game with this one and if you are on board with the stupidity, then this one is great fun. However, you don't see too much of Jason in this one due to the premise, so it might be lacking in that department.
9) Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan - Its more Jason on a Boat than Jason Takes Manhattan. It has some fun moments, but fails to live up to its title.
10) Jason X - This one got a little too silly, even for me. I don't know, but Jason in space didn't really grab me, despite some good natured silliness.
11) The Remake / Reboot / Whatever it was from 2009 - Complete waste of time that offered and added nothing. It just felt like a cliffnotes version of 1 through 3.
12) Part V: A New Beginning - No Jason is a major negative, and the exaggerated cartoon character cast goes beyond even what I'm willing to accept out of this series.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I watched the whole franchise this past October due to there being a Halloween season Friday the 13th occurring this year.

My rankings:
8 > 6 > 2 > 3 > 9 > 4 > X > Reboot > 7 > 5 > 1

Jason Takes Manhattan was the movie that introduced me to the franchise which helps bolster my love but I also just can't help but love it as an actual Friday film. I think it has a fun cast, good kills (especially after the MPAA gutted Parts 6 & 7), and seeing Jason interact with classic NYC iconography on a street level is enjoyable.

I've always hated the original. Sure, the kills are fun but the story is bland and there's a real lacking sense of danger in it. The twist is nonsensical and feels half-baked. The eleven other movies are just way more interesting.